Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

playforyourclub.com - **Help needed now!!- Seagulls in Europe**

NationalTiger

Apr 3, 2007
Brighton lads,

Thanks to those of you that helped Chelsea and Chester today, I spotted some of you did. Well played and gratz on 2nd!

Just need a decent draw now. COME ON ENGLAND!

Please, please, please read the board on the link below BEFORE you get stuck in, it would really help. It will be updated in time for the 10.00am start tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Ian - Hull City.

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=959&p=16&forumid=6732&style=1

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
This week apn(kestrel)ranked number 1 in the whole country even beating cjd(god)into 2nd place.
Apn me is thinking of hanging his boots up due to the fact this game is now very boring with all the alliances and has lost the reason why I love to play it to try and win the league,
But if I do retire I go out right at the top :drink:

NationalTiger

Apr 3, 2007
Do you know what kestrel? I had the same the thoughts. Brighton have been champions, so have Hull City and we both did it without 'alliances' either.

I have sat, where you sit now. Top of the UK League and proud of my achievements too. I've won everything there is to win on this game like you... except one thing... the European Cup.

If you want to win big, you have to think big. Have you won the European Cup with Brighton? No, me neither with Hull City. Look at Hull City's stats and honours, we haven't even come close in in nearly 50 attempts. Don't you want to win the European Cup for England? Brighton to rule Europe? I do. I want an English winner. It's been nearly 3 years since England won it. Only Liverpool last year came close one week with a semi-final slot. England are a laughing stock. For someone who plays hard EVERY week for Hull City, just like you for Brighton, it does my head in to see all my hard work flushed down the toilet the second Europe comes around.

I asked myself why? Sadly, I've learnt the harsh truth. Germany, Spain and France have formed 'alliances' to preserve their teams. You watch this week, I'll bet 6 or 7 teams from those countries occupy the Quarter Final places. Well, frankly, I'm cheesed off watching them take the mick out of my team and England. I'm sick of their monopoly on the biggest prize in my favourite game. It's time we stood up to them. In just two months pf helping EACH OTHER - just like the German, French and Spanish teams all do every week - we got Chester to the semis and scored 41 million points in under 2 hours. We lost by less than 3 million. Just think about that for a second... 41 million points! In just 2 HOURS! WOW! England can really do this, why can't it be Brighton?

You can retire if you want or leave us to it. We just want England to have some pride once more. I don't wish to interfere with the UK League, please feel free to get the UK title. We've both been there, done that WITHOUT alliance help. I just want the big prize now, the European Cup for ENGLAND.

Please help us, that's all I ask. IT COULD BE BRIGHTON. I do respect your wishes whatever you decide, yet we could really do with a player of your ability.

Thanks for your time,

Ian.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
kestrel said:
This week apn(kestrel)ranked number 1 in the whole country even beating cjd(god)into 2nd place.
Apn me is thinking of hanging his boots up due to the fact this game is now very boring with all the alliances and has lost the reason why I love to play it to try and win the league,
But if I do retire I go out right at the top :drink:

Take your point mate.........and I agree that we must stand on our own two feet in the league.....it is the only way. I have read the "rivals board" and they say the same thing too. I remember a few months ago how we got Horsham into the league, but in the end it was impossible to play for them and Brighton and we had let them swim or sink on their own. I feel the same as that about the league, and the Alliance will have no problem with that.
The European cup is different.......and of course it will be a personal choice. I,m looking forward to the draw this morning, and will play for Brighton, and if we fall, will switch to either Chelsea or Hull.
With regards to this weeks game in the league, fantastic game by you........."apn".....top scorer in the UK..... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Can,t go without mentioning a couple of good performances this week from people like "tvd" "VOM" & "nsc". Well done everyone who played.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The European Cup is about to start and we need as many players as possible. We have about 40 or 50 players (some temporarily lapsed....lol) who still post on NSC. We need you all today....! It is a bit more difficult at first playing with just the mouse and not the keyboard, but you only have to score 10,000 points to register your score instead of 15,000........and the goalkeeper is much easier to beat in this game than in the league.
Good luck .....and as "apn" says....."get yer boots on..! "

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
good start already.......we,re playing a belgian team.......3,000,000 ahead. So far we have CJD, apn, RW, L, KGD, jim, 999, KJD and jon on the top 500 leaderboard. Pretty good considering this includes the whole of Europe....!!
More players needed...!

NationalTiger

Apr 3, 2007
Brighton Lads,

I've been away for most of the day 'in talks' with Belgium. The draw has been a bitch to us. The English Alliance has a partnership with the Belgian Alliance. I mentioned this right at the very beginning. Now is the time I need to elaborate. Together, we make up the 'Ferry Alliance'. Basically and rather unfortunately, Hull City got FC Brussels and Brighton got Sint Truiden. This is wicked and extremely rare to have 4 teams paired. The draw stinks and many of the Belgian players even boycotted their play to avoid confrontation with their English friends.

In a nutshell, we have an excellent, long standing relationship and we enjoy open communication with the Belgians. Rightly or wrongly decisions - harsh but fair - had to be made in light of this weeks draw. A compromise, albeit belatedly has been reached.

FC Brussels are short of players on Friday this week and 'gave' Hull City their tie. They felt they wouldn't have the power to progress against AZ Alkmaar in round 2 and the mighty Moenchengladbach in round 3 on Friday. There was no point knocking Hull City out, if they can't challenge on Friday in their opinion. Hence, the tie was 'given' to Hull City.

Meanwhile, of course you had Sint Truiden. Up until tea time tea time you were winning by nearly 5 million without either side committing 'alliance' help. As Belgium had already given us one tie, it would be unfair for the English to interfere with the Brighton tie with English 'alliance' help. Therefore, it was felt that the tie be settled fairly - NO alliance help from either side. Best team wins. I TRUST THE BELGIANS NOT TO CHEAT. We have a long, established and friendly relationship. Proof is, look at the current Hull City tie. Look at how many point FC Brussels won the Belgian League by this week. They are good and fair players, they would not cheat on us.

This week's draw has been horrific. I have been willing you on from afar, but I will not endanger our friendship with Belgium. In the coming weeks, Brighton will get not only English help, but Belgian help too. Trust me, you will and we will, succeed.

I suppose now you feel this has been a pretty sour week all round for you guys, but please participate in our English forum - it's for YOU! Without your input we can't put a case across and nobody came forward despite the ongoing discussion that everyone could see going on during today. In future, please post and give us BRIGHTON's voice on the matter. The sadder fact is, you had the best draw of all the English teams... but a fair fight was the best way to resolve your tie.

I hope you follow the English forum accordingly tomorrow and join in. Your time will come, ENGLAND's time will come. We will need all the help we can get.

Ian - Hull City.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
So now we are behind :angry: Not a stich up of course.
Sorry Cjd Apn has joined Horsham on a free transfer and I will no longer be playing for the albion :nono:

Seagull Stew

WTF!!!

I've just read this thread for the first time in a couple of months. I play this game now and again when the boss isn't watching!

Ferry alliances? Belgian conspiracies?

This is the surely the true definition of UBERGEEK! :lolol:

NationalTiger

Apr 3, 2007
Kestrel,

There was no stitch up. As far as your concerned there was no alliance, like you wanted. Your tie was not affected by alliance help from either side - so nothing changed, like you wanted.

Question for you... why do you play for Horsham? Is that not the same thing on a smaller scale? Is that playing for YOUR club?

Please do not get the Euro Cup mixed up with the league. The alliances are for the Euro Cup only, NOT the league so you shouldn't ever be affected there either. You know, ENGLAND sticking together instead of getting laughed at and shafted in Europe every week.

Sorry you feel that way, but why not give it a go for a few weeks? You never know you may enjoy it.

Regards,

Ian.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Seagull Stew said:
WTF!!!

I've just read this thread for the first time in a couple of months. I play this game now and again when the boss isn't watching!

Ferry alliances? Belgian conspiracies?

This is the surely the true definition of UBERGEEK! :lolol:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
NationalTiger said:
Kestrel,

There was no stitch up. As far as your concerned there was no alliance, like you wanted. Your tie was not affected by alliance help from either side - so nothing changed, like you wanted.

Question for you... why do you play for Horsham? Is that not the same thing on a smaller scale? Is that playing for YOUR club?

Please do not get the Euro Cup mixed up with the league. The alliances are for the Euro Cup only, NOT the league so you shouldn't ever be affected there either. You know, ENGLAND sticking together instead of getting laughed at and shafted in Europe every week.

Sorry you feel that way, but why not give it a go for a few weeks? You never know you may enjoy it.

Regards,

Ian.

Ian
Horsham is my local non league club

NationalTiger

Apr 3, 2007
Kestrel,

Look, I am not wanting to have an argument with you, really I aren't, but why do you play for Brighton, then?

Just help the English! You're a good player, we need you! I will play for Horsham today and get them up the Qualifiers to show there is no hard feelings. Indeed all the Hull City players will. We always 'practice' in the qualifiers.

I am not trying to p*** you off! I just want the English to help each other in the Euro Cup that's all.

Thanks for your time.

Ian.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
NationalTiger said:
Brighton Lads,

I've been away for most of the day 'in talks' with Belgium. The draw has been a bitch to us. The English Alliance has a partnership with the Belgian Alliance. I mentioned this right at the very beginning. Now is the time I need to elaborate. Together, we make up the 'Ferry Alliance'. Basically and rather unfortunately, Hull City got FC Brussels and Brighton got Sint Truiden. This is wicked and extremely rare to have 4 teams paired. The draw stinks and many of the Belgian players even boycotted their play to avoid confrontation with their English friends.

In a nutshell, we have an excellent, long standing relationship and we enjoy open communication with the Belgians. Rightly or wrongly decisions - harsh but fair - had to be made in light of this weeks draw. A compromise, albeit belatedly has been reached.

FC Brussels are short of players on Friday this week and 'gave' Hull City their tie. They felt they wouldn't have the power to progress against AZ Alkmaar in round 2 and the mighty Moenchengladbach in round 3 on Friday. There was no point knocking Hull City out, if they can't challenge on Friday in their opinion. Hence, the tie was 'given' to Hull City.

Meanwhile, of course you had Sint Truiden. Up until tea time tea time you were winning by nearly 5 million without either side committing 'alliance' help. As Belgium had already given us one tie, it would be unfair for the English to interfere with the Brighton tie with English 'alliance' help. Therefore, it was felt that the tie be settled fairly - NO alliance help from either side. Best team wins. I TRUST THE BELGIANS NOT TO CHEAT. We have a long, established and friendly relationship. Proof is, look at the current Hull City tie. Look at how many point FC Brussels won the Belgian League by this week. They are good and fair players, they would not cheat on us.

This week's draw has been horrific. I have been willing you on from afar, but I will not endanger our friendship with Belgium. In the coming weeks, Brighton will get not only English help, but Belgian help too. Trust me, you will and we will, succeed.

I suppose now you feel this has been a pretty sour week all round for you guys, but please participate in our English forum - it's for YOU! Without your input we can't put a case across and nobody came forward despite the ongoing discussion that everyone could see going on during today. In future, please post and give us BRIGHTON's voice on the matter. The sadder fact is, you had the best draw of all the English teams... but a fair fight was the best way to resolve your tie.

I hope you follow the English forum accordingly tomorrow and join in. Your time will come, ENGLAND's time will come. We will need all the help we can get.

Ian - Hull City.

Hmmmmmmmmmm............I thank you for your reply and the time you have taken on this matter. However......whilst the Belgians might tell you that Sint-Truiden stood on their own two feet, I couldn,t help but notice that in the league they manage less than a million points an hour,yet in a four hour period yesterday, after Fc Brussels had dedcided to let go their tie with you, nearly 24 million points were added.
I wish you luck in Europe with your Alliance, but regret to tell you that I will not be joining you.

NationalTiger

Apr 3, 2007
CJD,

Ok fair enough. I respect your decision. As a gesture of good will, we will back you anyway in the Euro Cup if you qualify. We don't expect any favours in return. WE JUST WANT AN ENGLISH TEAM TO WIN THE EUROPEAN CUP!

Frankly, if your tie suits the draw, we are going to play for you. If you join in great, if not, oh well... At the risk of sounding repetitive, we just want an English winner. You have great players and we recognise you did not become good without communicating - hence we approached you. It was a terrible draw and way to deep for a first week new member to get their head round. For the record, Sint Truiden did NOT receive alliance help. Check the draw, you'll see they all helped Cercle Brugge.

Good luck in the league, we'll see you in Europe if you qualify. No hard feelings, I hope. We're still that "good bunch of guys who seem a friendly lot" and we will help you in Europe, regardless.

Finally, please remember, I asked you to join in on the forum, but I can't force you. I'll leave you alone now, you know were we are when if you change your mind. Please drop in and talk to us at any point.

Ian.

Seagull Stew

NationalTiger said:
CJD,

Ok fair enough. I respect your decision. As a gesture of good will, we will back you anyway in the Euro Cup if you qualify. We don't expect any favours in return. WE JUST WANT AN ENGLISH TEAM TO WIN THE EUROPEAN CUP!

Frankly, if your tie suits the draw, we are going to play for you. If you join in great, if not, oh well... At the risk of sounding repetitive, we just want an English winner. You have great players and we recognise you did not become good without communicating - hence we approached you. It was a terrible draw and way to deep for a first week new member to get their head round. For the record, Sint Truiden did NOT receive alliance help. Check the draw, you'll see they all helped Cercle Brugge.

Good luck in the league, we'll see you in Europe if you qualify. No hard feelings, I hope. We're still that "good bunch of guys who seem a friendly lot" and we will help you in Europe, regardless.

Finally, please remember, I asked you to join in on the forum, but I can't force you. I'll leave you alone now, you know were we are when if you change your mind. Please drop in and talk to us at any point.

Ian.

:lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
We are back where we belong....in the Premiership

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Brilliant scoring last night "apn/olo".....254000 in one go....

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

And well played "paa"....million points.

Last edited:

NationalTiger

Apr 3, 2007
Lads,

Congratulations on promotion. As a peace offering, one or two of our players played for you this week - only to help, nothing more. Good luck in the Premiership next week. As promised, we will not interfere with the UK League title race, but if you would like to re-open communication, you can always reply on here.

Well played,

Ian - Hull City.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here