Players clubbing/ Mark Wright smoking

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
George Best?!?

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Last saturday, Dean Cox, Harty, James Tunnicliffe, Liam Dickinson, Craig Davies and Mark Wright were seen, by me, In Cuckoo club at 3am. I did'nt have a problem with this as they are bound to want a good social life outside of football, However, i did check to see if they was drinking. They wernt.

Was a little worried on tuesday night however, when i sore Coxy, Liam Dickinson and Mark Wright out again, This time in Digital, Again at 3am, considering they have training at 8am? the next morning, and we have a game four days later, this cant be very wise...

What did get to me though, was Mark Wright, having a fag outside, this is not profesional behaviour and im sure RS would be disgusted.

:rant::rant:

However, if they give a good performance Saturday, and continue to do so all season, i'm not complaining.

I can confirm that they had Wednesday off, and more importantly, what were you doing out on a Tuesday night at 3am?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simon Garner, drank like a fish and smoked like a trooper, but didnt stop him becoming Blackburn's record scorer

So did everyone else in those days though. If a team wasn't out on the lash the night before a game, then scoffing down a pre-match meal of steak and chips, you'd think there was something wrong with them.

Times change.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

That was a standard punishment at the boarding school I attended. On some occasions, when the Housemaster caught a smoker, he would take all the ciggarettes from a packet, put them all in the smokers mouth and light them all. Then he would parade the person all around the school, prep room, common rooms, even the dormatories. The upshot was, when they moved on to the next part of the school, the place smelled so much of smoke, we could light up safe in the knowledge the smell wouldn't give us away. Have to say, it never happened to me, but I did once get 6 of the best for smoking, I went for a smoke afterwards to get over it, got caught again 10 minutes later, and got another 6. Ouch,

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
George Best, Paul Gascoigne, Stan Bowles, Frank Worthington, all legends.Id like to see the MK Dons fans chuck 20 b&h, at wrighty and him light one up as he scores the winner, against them this season:drink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And all from another era when loads of players smoked anyway, which levelled the field.
Once Johnny Foreigner arrived with his pasta shells and fitness coaches, the players who wanted to be at the TOP of their game had to kick the tabs into touch.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Big Brother

Since when do any of us have the right to dictate to others what they should do in their own time? If people cannot do their paid employment to an acceptable standard the they should be bollocked etc.. Let's encourage society and authority to butt out of individual's lives and get on worrying about the important things in life that actually matter. End.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Since when do any of us have the right to dictate to others what they should do in their own time? If people cannot do their paid employment to an acceptable standard the they should be bollocked etc.. Let's encourage society and authority to butt out of individual's lives and get on worrying about the important things in life that actually matter. End.

:bowdown:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
berb460.jpg

article-1029272-01BB832A00000578-725_468x401.jpg

Not really great examples

Berbs doesnt run and Rooney is Fat!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
, but I did once get 6 of the best for smoking, I went for a smoke afterwards to get over it, got caught again 10 minutes later, and got another 6. Ouch,

I got the same from a prefect who was smoking whilst handing out the cane having caught me smoking. Anyone who went to an old style private school will know that there was nothing you could do about it except sneak off and have another fag afterwards and think how unfair life is :p

It was the same school Simon Cowell went to, so you can see the type of wankers these schools turn out...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed - but these are professional footballers. Ok they're not actually playing (or being paid) at 3:00am but their bodies are still those of professional athletes. It's not a question of what their allowed to do, of course they can go and get pissed and smoke themselves to death if they wish, but have you not read the posts on this thread saying how the MODERN professional needs to look after themselves all the time? It's not the 1970s any more; If they were TRULY professional they would be looking to make the best of themselves, to get any edge they can, and not just aiming to see out their contracts by doing only what they're paid to do and no more.

But then they are only playing for Brighton so by definition they're not top-rate pro's so yeah let 'em smoke and drink. After all we're not going to win anything so who gives a f***? You obviously don't.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Tsk. Smoking and drinking. There are plenty of examples of top athletes doing drugs and reaching heady heights in their field. Hell, Marion Jones won something like 37 golds, whilst under the influence.

Amsterdam Albion

Mar 11, 2008
I have to work tomorrow and have been on the beer all evening. I have decided to balance work and social life. I know if I didn't drink so much I'd do a better job but I would be a boring miserable bastard, although some people call me that anyway. To be the best you either have to be very naturally talented or talented and work like crazy. It is an individual choice how hard you work and luck how naturally talented you are. One more Duvel please barman!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Wasn't there an article about one of the top premiership players getting bollocked by stewards for having a crafty ciggy in the tunnel at halftime last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here