Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Millwall

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Very disappointing game. Our passing was crap. Gus's team selection was bizarre.

Brez 6. At fault for their 1st goal. Poor punch. Did not look settled all night.
Calderon 7. Not a bad game. Closest we came to having a winger in the 1st half.
Dunk 5. Poor. Far too many wayward passes and not comanding at the back.
Greer 5. Also poor. At fault for their 2nd goal.
Mattock 7. Much better 2nd half than 1st, but couldn't see the sense of finally getting a left footed left back in place and then not having a winger to play in front of him.
Reyes 6. A few nice touches, but far too many wayward passes.
Bridcutt 7. Not one of his best games. Too many passes to yellow shirts.
Navarro 7. Agree with the sponsors. Just shaded it as MOM because best of a poor bunch.
Barnes 7. Not a bad game. A few off target shots.
CMS 4. Not at the races today.
Vokes 7. Held the ball up well and good in the air. Nice goal. Yet to build an understanding with CMS.

Subs:
Noone 6. For the first 15mins he was on he hardly saw the ball and then received very poor service after that. What's the point of bringing him on if he's not going to see the ball?
Adgerstein 6. Some nice touches, a couple of off target shots, but as with Noone did not see enough of the ball.
Lua Lua. Not on long enough, but great goal.

Manager 4. Poor team selection. We need wingers! Poor subs. Gus got it wrong today. Millwall were not that good, but we made them look a lot better than they really were.

I tend to agree with all of these comments but would drop them all a point. On tonights performance I dont believe anybody deserved a 7.

On the plus side, if we can play that bad and get a point we must be doing something right.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brezovan 5
Calderon 6
Greer 4
Dunk 3
Mattock 5
Bridcutt 5
Barnes 7
Navarro 3
Reyes 5
Vokes 7
CMS 4

Subs
Noone 5
Agdestein 7
Lua Lua 7 - just for the goal

Barnes and Vokes were the only two who could hold their heads up after that (and Agdestein too, this guy is really promising). That was the worst performance I've seen from Dunk - did he pass to a Brighton player all night?

Must say that I thought Millwall were one of the best teams I've seen at the Amex - how the hell are they near the bottom?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
He punched it clear, then Navarro headed it straight back into the box.

It was an easy cross to catch, if a keeper can't catch, he should look for a bloody career doing something else.
That was a bloody bread and butter catch but he punched it clear which led to the goal !

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm pretty sure it was Barnes who mis-kicked.
I thought it was Navarro myself but not sure. Either way, that was a rare occasion when I felt the punch was the right thing to do. It was a hideous miskick by Navarro/Barnes that caused that goal, not the punch.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Brez cocked up the punch (more of a flap), then Navarro mis kicked his clearance back into the danger zone.

Greer and Dunk were very poor tonight.

Felt sorry for CMS. Play him upfront or not at all.

and why no wide men for a home match against a struggling team? so many wasted crosses by Calde.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I'm going to be far less generous.

Brezovan - 5- Didn't command tonight
Calderon - 5- OK going forward but limited defensively
Greer -5- Not his best night
Dunk -4- Perhaps he needed a another couple of days to get over his virus
Mattock - 5- He let Feeney get a cross in far too many times.
Bridcutt - 5- Didn't seem to know what he was meant to be doing tonight
Navarro - 4 - He will be embarrassed to collect his bottle of bubbly.
Reyes - 4 - Not a midfielder
Barnes - 5 - Not as bad as some
CMS - 5 - Had a hand in the first goal
Vokes - 6 - Could be a good acquisition if given the service

Toby - 5 - Did his bit but probably doesn't think he's a winger
Noone - 5 - Caused a bit of panic and they put two players on him
Lua Lua - 6 - Salvaged a barely deserved point.

Gus - Got it all horribly wrong tonight. We can't rotate the squad like Man U, the players are not good enough and too many were out of position. We missed El Abd's aggression and enthusiasm.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Brezovan - 4 at fault for the first goal, he hasn't punched it in such a manner since he has been recalled.
Calde - 7 The closest thing to an outlet in the first half.
Mattock - 6 Looks decent.
Dunk/Greer - 5 Both poor by their standards, El Abd would've been better to deal with the dangerous runs off Trotter

Bridcutt - 5 Poor by his exceptionally high standards
Navarro - 6 Average game, capped by his family voting him MOM
Reyes - 5 Tried too hard to force the play.

Barnes - 7 Decent game in my opinion, worked hard and showed up with some decent hold up play.
CMS - 5 Really not up to it today, touch was poor.
Vokes - 7 Held up the ball well and won balls in the air, could be a decent outlet.

Lua-Lua - 7 For the goal alone
Agdestein - 6 Looked good to start with, spooned one effort and then confidence went.
Noone - 5 Didn't get involved enough.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Brezovan 6 - He is what he is. We know what he's good at, and what he isn't. Tonight shouldn't suprise anyone.
Calderon 6 - In the team for no obvious reason, couple of good crosses first half though.
Mattock 7 - Quality player, rarely beaten on his wing and likes to get forward too.
Greer 6 - Striding forward but without any real intent, no problems really with Henderson.
Dunk 6 - Odd to bring him back after El-Abd's performance at Leeds, but did ok.
Bridcutt 6 - Not his best game, but it's stupid having 3 holding midfielders, no space for any of them.
Navarro 6 - Man of the match? After his assist for the opener? Good shot which led to our goal though.
Jara 5 - Backheel was class, the rest of his night wasn't. Should be automatic choice at right back.
Barnes 7 - Graft, hard work and looked better than usual on the ball. Wild shooting though.
Mackail-Smith 6 - Not happening at home, but the system is getting less and less out of him.
Vokes 7 - Good goal and general play, he looks a lot better than we've had for a while.

Subs
Agdestein 7 - Looked good, but can't finish. Put in some good crosses though.
Noone 6 - Never in the game, and seemed to finish up front... Daft and pointless.
LuaLua 7 - Cracking goal, his only contribution but I'm happy enough with that.

The formation was bizarre and Gus is to blame for that, very strange night in general.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I find it hard to be harsh on the players (so I won't bother scoring our defense) and Gus always says it's his fault if things go wrong because the players do what he tells them. Gus got it wrong tonight, I am very pleased we weren't playing anyone better than Millwall.

Must say that I thought Millwall were one of the best teams I've seen at the Amex - how the hell are they near the bottom?

They don't usually get as much help from the other team I'd imagine.

Last edited:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Brezovan - 6 - flapped a bit at first goal. Almost made a howler rolling the ball out.
Calderon -6 - had a number of chances to cross. Delivery could have been better.
Dunk- 4 - poor distribution
Greer - 3 - uncomposed
Mattock - 2- skinned every time down the wing
Reyes - 4 - poor passing
Bridcutt - 3 - trotter bossed the game
Navarro -3- needed to get stuck in
Cms- 4- lot of running no end product
Barnes -6- linked up well with vokes. Couple of half chances
Vokes -7- a real handful. MOTM

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Very disappointing game. Our passing was crap. Gus's team selection was bizarre.

Brez 6. At fault for their 1st goal. Poor punch. Did not look settled all night.
Calderon 7. Not a bad game. Closest we came to having a winger in the 1st half.
Dunk 5. Poor. Far too many wayward passes and not comanding at the back.
Greer 5. Also poor. At fault for their 2nd goal.
Mattock 7. Much better 2nd half than 1st, but couldn't see the sense of finally getting a left footed left back in place and then not having a winger to play in front of him.
Reyes 6. A few nice touches, but far too many wayward passes.
Bridcutt 7. Not one of his best games. Too many passes to yellow shirts.
Navarro 7. Agree with the sponsors. Just shaded it as MOM because best of a poor bunch.
Barnes 7. Not a bad game. A few off target shots.
CMS 4. Not at the races today.
Vokes 7. Held the ball up well and good in the air. Nice goal. Yet to build an understanding with CMS.

Subs:
Noone 6. For the first 15mins he was on he hardly saw the ball and then received very poor service after that. What's the point of bringing him on if he's not going to see the ball?
Adgerstein 6. Some nice touches, a couple of off target shots, but as with Noone did not see enough of the ball.
Lua Lua. Not on long enough, but great goal.

Manager 4. Poor team selection. We need wingers! Poor subs. Gus got it wrong today. Millwall were not that good, but we made them look a lot better than they really were.

Wont disagree with most of that but Navs may as well have side footed the ball into our net instead of just passing it to the opposing forward. Sorry but, apart from that, his passing was woeful !

chez

Jul 5, 2003

Personally I dont think he punched it clear at all, but even if he did it would have been much better to have caught it and lets face it any keeper in the league should have been able to catch that cross.

That's a f*** up at Leeds that didn't cost us and a f*** up tonight that did. Time for Gonzalez to be given a chance I think.

chez

Jul 5, 2003
Brezovan 5
Calderon 6
Greer 4
Dunk 3
Mattock 5
Bridcutt 5
Barnes 7
Navarro 3
Reyes 5
Vokes 7
CMS 4

Subs
Noone 5
Agdestein 7
Lua Lua 7 - just for the goal

Barnes and Vokes were the only two who could hold their heads up after that (and Agdestein too, this guy is really promising). That was the worst performance I've seen from Dunk - did he pass to a Brighton player all night?

I thought Millwll were one of the worst teams weve seen down here this season, I think it was us that made them look good at times. Saying that their No 5 had a very good game.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
That's a f*** up at Leeds that didn't cost us and a f*** up tonight that did. Time for Gonzalez to be given a chance I think.

Yep! Time for brez to go in the stand sit next to Casper and watch Gonzalez show them both how it's done

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here