Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings vs Millwall

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Personally I dont think he punched it clear at all, but even if he did it would have been much better to have caught it and lets face it any keeper in the league should have been able to catch that cross.

That's a f*** up at Leeds that didn't cost us and a f*** up tonight that did. Time for Gonzalez to be given a chance I think.

Seen the goal again on Sky this morning. You are right, it was a poor punch. Navarro miskicked it to one of their players to score. It was a Brezovan error. If i could edit, i would change his score to 6. He was at fault for first.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Easy last night

Brez - 6...didnt have too much to do but wasn't his usual self

Mattock - 7...good going forward and was a threat

Calde - 7...same as Mattock but crosses weren't effective enough as most were too close to the keeper

Dunk - 4... Clearly bought back too early - had a mare

Greer - 7...the best of the defenders

Bridcutt - 8 ...best of the central midfielders

Navarro - 6...were the sponsors pissed?

Reyes - 6...similar to Navarro

Barnes - 8...movement up front was good as shouldn't have been put into centre midfield as more effective...our best player

CMS - 7...as usual didnt get any decent service but worked hard

Vokes - 8...great goal poachers goal. Led the line well.

Subs

Noone - 5...completely ineffective and has no end product - didn't get the ball enough

Toby - 8...breath of fresh air. Is going to be something very special

Kaz - 7...caused more of a threat than Noone and took his free kick well.

Sent from my iPhone using the power of Greyskull

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Very poor set up and from the outset nobody acquitted themselves well apart from a fairly OK Vokes. It was an off day and hopefully that was all.

Oh and I was one that wanted to see Reyes in MF but not again thanks

Brezovan - 6 - flapped a bit at first goal. Almost made a howler rolling the ball out.
Calderon -6 - had a number of chances to cross. Delivery could have been better.
Dunk- 4 - poor distribution
Greer - 3 - uncomposed
Mattock - 2- skinned every time down the wing
Reyes - 4 - poor passing
Bridcutt - 3 - trotter bossed the game
Navarro -3- needed to get stuck in
Cms- 4- lot of running no end product
Barnes -6- linked up well with vokes. Couple of half chances
Vokes -7- a real handful. MOTM

A 2 for Mattock and our worst player? You must have been watching a different game from everyone else on this thread ! I acknowledge he had a mixed game but was better than most of the others. Vokes the best player on the night.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm not going to blame Brez, he punched, I swear I saw a brighton player f*** up a clearance, which then went back in the box?

Navarro headed the ball across the goal into our box and then Dunk and someone else stood off the two Millwall players and watched them head the ball.

I thought Vokes and Mattock played well.
The rest were all pretty average apart from Greer who was poor and Dunk who was shocking.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Brezovan 7 - few good saves, couldn't do much about goals
Calde 6 - best attacking threat in first half, some good crosses
Greer 5 - not his composed usual self
Dunk 7 - best defender just ahead of Mattock
Mattock 7 - solid in defence, good first half
Bridcutt 5 - not his usual self tonight
Barnes 6 - woeful first half, better 2nd
Navarro 6 - man of match? Not tonight.
Reyes 6 - passing got sloppy, taken off
Vokes 8 MOM - a handful
CMS 6 - ran around a lot, surprised he was subbed

Subs

Noone (for CMS) 5 - didn't really do much, well shackled
Agdestein (for Reyes) 6 - looked lively at times without final ball
Lua Lua (for Bridcutt), not on long enough to rate but well struck free kick

Lucky to get a point tonight.

Dunno what game you were watching butterball. dunk was disgraceful tonight and hardly ever passed it to one of our players. Brezovan looked shaky at leeds and carried on looking shaky tonight. Even greer gave him volley during the game. Bridcutts worst game for us period!. If we didnt play to CMS stregths before we certainly didnt tonight. Was shocking. Barnes tried hard but looked league 1. I can t go on - Was a real shocking performance from the team and the managers decisions were woeful to put out that side who quite clearly were not capable of beating a poor millwall side

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Brez 6 (could have caught the ball that led to 1st goal ?)
Mattock 7
Greer 6
Dunk 5.5 inconsistent tonight
Calderon 7 great 1st half - at least one of those crosses should have been buried
Bridcutt 6 Not at his best
Navs 6 MOM?
Reyes 6 some quality but some sloppy play
Barnes 6 Link up play good but attacking poor
CMS 6 not really in the game
Vokes 7 MOM good hold up but 7 for MOM says it all

Lua Lua 7 scored
Noone 5 below par performance coming back from injury still
Torby 6 makings of a good player

Gus 5 set out to outpass them, but lack of creative options in midfield - Do not really get Barnes role other than as a defending attacker ?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Yes he did but had brez just simply caught it there would have been no problem. Dont know why keepers are told to punch nowadays.

you said that like Navs was always going to f*** that clearance up.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Harley 10 - he was faultless, didn't bottle a tackle or misplace a pass.

Trotter was MOTM by a long way. Good player.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
He was a tad better thn Greer tonight in my opinion

Really? It was the worst game Dunk has had in Albion shirt. I thought Greer was the better of the two, on a really bad night for the defence as a whole. I can't add much more than has already been said really. As for motm, if it had to be a player in stripes, Vokes would have got it for me.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Very disappointing game. Our passing was crap. Gus's team selection was bizarre.

Brez 6. At fault for their 1st goal. Poor punch. Did not look settled all night.
Calderon 7. Not a bad game. Closest we came to having a winger in the 1st half.
Dunk 5. Poor. Far too many wayward passes and not comanding at the back.
Greer 5. Also poor. At fault for their 2nd goal.
Mattock 7. Much better 2nd half than 1st, but couldn't see the sense of finally getting a left footed left back in place and then not having a winger to play in front of him.
Reyes 6. A few nice touches, but far too many wayward passes.
Bridcutt 7. Not one of his best games. Too many passes to yellow shirts.
Navarro 7. Agree with the sponsors. Just shaded it as MOM because best of a poor bunch.
Barnes 7. Not a bad game. A few off target shots.
CMS 4. Not at the races today.
Vokes 7. Held the ball up well and good in the air. Nice goal. Yet to build an understanding with CMS.

Subs:
Noone 6. For the first 15mins he was on he hardly saw the ball and then received very poor service after that. What's the point of bringing him on if he's not going to see the ball?
Adgerstein 6. Some nice touches, a couple of off target shots, but as with Noone did not see enough of the ball.
Lua Lua. Not on long enough, but great goal.

Manager 4. Poor team selection. We need wingers! Poor subs. Gus got it wrong today. Millwall were not that good, but we made them look a lot better than they really were.

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

Poor team selection/formation.

Unbelieveable number of misplaced passes

No width

Both CBs had poor games.

BUT, we still didn't lose.

Gus admitted he made mistakes last night - let's move on.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seen the goal again on Sky this morning. You are right, it was a poor punch. Navarro miskicked it to one of their players to score. It was a Brezovan error. If i could edit, i would change his score to 6. He was at fault for first.

I'll make the change on my sheet.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I just expected the keeper to catch it TBH. Brez looked shaky at leeds and very shaky last night! his days are numbered me thinks!

i'd rather a keeper who is seldom shaky that casper who always seems shaky, especially when under pressure to clear it and he hoofs it to the touchline.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Is Poyet doing a Mancini on Lua Lua, he had him running up and down before half time, yet did not bring him on until about ten minutes to end of match

Probably wanted to save his voice for the second half and wanted to use a sub warming up on the sidelines to send a message instead. Or one of the other dozen reasons that don't insinuate any kind of split between player and manager....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here