Barnes 6
Vokes 7
Cms 6

Toby 6
Noone 6
Lua Lua 6

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Yep! Time for brez to go in the stand sit next to Casper and watch Gonzalez show them both how it's done

I hate to see change for change sake but tonight sadly we were looking at basics.

Far too much ineffectual punching and god help us, a goalkeeper not looking around to see if anyone is behind him prior to rolling the ball out twice I recall.

Nurse pass me the diazepam !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still....as others and I have said ..no easy games in this division....and u wonder whether the players/supporters thought this match was won b4the game kicked off

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Brezovan 6
Calderon 6
Dunk 4
Greer 4
Mattock 6
Reyes 6
Bridcutt 5
Navarro 5
Barnes 7
CMS 4
Vokes 7

Noone 6
Adgestein 6
Lua Lua 6 Just for the goal

Agree with most of this, Bridcutt Greer and Dunk were really poor giving the ball to a yellow shirt on a regular basis. Everybody has been clambering for Reyes to play in midfield but whereas his skills are without question his midfield positioning is dreadful and Millwall just ran thru the left hand side of midfield.
Navarro's dad must have been picking MOM and I certainly dont agree with Barnes 7 he falls over too easily and his first touch is poor. Too inconsistent to start every week, but Gus must see something in him. We put on Noone and then did not use him. Think there will be major changes for Liverpool game especially as Jares and Mattock are not available. Surely we cant play this badly on Sunday, usually raise our game against the better sides.??? Vokes MOM for me. Everything Billy Paynter was'nt.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I hate to see change for change sake but tonight sadly we were looking at basics.

Far too much ineffectual punching and god help us, a goalkeeper not looking around to see if anyone is behind him prior to rolling the ball out twice I recall.

Nurse pass me the diazepam !

Lol....guessed this call would come after the match ...one offish game and it's ''next please''

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Brez 6
Calderon 6
Dunk 5
Greer 5
Mattock 8
Navarro 5
Bridcutt 5
Jara Reyes 5
Barnes 6
Vokes 7
Cms 6

Toby 6
Noone 6
Lua Lua 6

I have thus far been impressed by Mattock but not tonight. Brez did not have a good night either and CMS was very poor much as I admire him.

Vokes was about the only saving grace tonight.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Brezovan 6
Calderon 6
Dunk 5
Greer 4
Mattock 7
Reyes 6
Bridcutt 5
Navarro 6
Barnes 6
CMS 5
Vokes 7

Noone 6
Adgestein 6
Lua Lua 7 for the goal

Gus 3 very poor team selection and tactics.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Agree with most of this, Bridcutt Greer and Dunk were really poor giving the ball to a yellow shirt on a regular basis. Everybody has been clambering for Reyes to play in midfield but whereas his skills are without question his midfield positioning is dreadful and Millwall just ran thru the left hand side of midfield.
Navarro's dad must have been picking MOM and I certainly dont agree with Barnes 7 he falls over too easily and his first touch is poor. Too inconsistent to start every week, but Gus must see something in him. We put on Noone and then did not use him. Think there will be major changes for Liverpool game especially as Jares and Mattock are not available. Surely we cant play this badly on Sunday, usually raise our game against the better sides.??? Vokes MOM for me. Everything Billy Paynter was'nt.

Well for starters 2 are cup tied ...and maybe this performance will keep a lid on expectations.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Lol....guessed this call would come after the match ...one offish game and it's ''next please''

I was not the one to raise any question on PB as, to my mind, he did not directly make errors which cost us though his technique and performance were questionable.

The first he punched badly but could not retrieve the situation following N's error.

Could not see the second as at the far north end of west.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Brezovan - 6. Couldn't really do much about the goals, a few wayward kicks and lack of vision, Millwall player right behind him!

Calderon - 6. Didn't make best use of him tonight, no-one to link up with so had further to get back to defend.#
Greer - 5.5. Not brilliant tonight.
Dunk - 6.5. Fairly solid, advanced well at times.
Mattock - 7. Solid and some good attacking play.

Bridcutt - 5. Quite poor today, a blip from a usually consistent player.
Navarro - 5.5. Not bad, no idea why he got given MOM though...
Reyes - 5.5. A nice bit of flair to give us something to cheer about. Apart from that he lost the ball quite a few times.

Vokes - 8. MOM, ran around a lot, opened his account and provided some presence upfront. Promising.
Barnes - 7.5. Lots of good defensive work and some great hold-up play.
CMS - 6. Lots of running, seemed a nuisance to their defense. Probably a wise move to bring him off though...

-----------

Noone - 7. Provided some excitement, but not much gained from him. Could've been used more!
Lualua - 8. Saved the day! Great free kick (if slightly fortunate) and nice to see that celebration in front of a big crowd.
Agdestein - 7. Had a couple of decent chances, still showing promising signs for the future.

Overall, the formation let us down. We thrive on wing-play, which we can't do if we don't start with any wingers! Overrun in midfield, I don't know how we expected to score lots when we played such an odd formation - 3 defensive midfielders and 3 centre-forwards. Also missing the creative link in the middle. JFC would've done nicely!
We should keep Reyes at right-back...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Think that was Bridcutt. Also Brez should have done a lot better than a pansy mis punch.

I'm pretty sure it was Barnes who mis-kicked.

I thought it was Navarro myself but not sure. Either way, that was a rare occasion when I felt the punch was the right thing to do. It was a hideous miskick by Navarro/Barnes that caused that goal, not the punch.

It was navarro.

Around my area of the ground, Barnes often gets blamed for Navarro's mistakes. And Dicker's. And today, Reyes's.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brez 6 - Not at fault for the first goal, imo, he punched it to Navarro who should have done better. Didn't seem to try to cut out the cross for the second goal, parried a catch in a crowded area, and didn't listen to greer's warning about the player lurking behind him.
Mattock 7 - solid at the back, got forward a lot and threatened. No idea why people around me expected him to skin their player every time he got the ball, it's not like he is noone, buckley or lualua.
Dunk 5 - terrible game. Stood off, errant passes, lack of strength, won little to nothing in the air
Greer 5 - as dunk
Calderon 7.5 - put in some great crosses (if only people would get in the box for them), interacted well with Reyes early on
Navarro 6 - some great cross field balls, some lousy passing gifting possession to millwall, is to blame for their first goal, played a key part in our first goal
Bridcutt 5.5 - was overawed. Never seemed to try to win loose balls, hesitates and constantly plays it back if he managed to play it to one of ours, let the ball bounce too often and then watched as a millwall player got in front of him to take the bouncing ball
Reyes 5.5 - some good early play, interacting with calderon, was all over the pitch, but tailed off. Might be out of practice in midfield, or just out of his depth.
Barnes 7 - does not deserve criticism or this game. Was not our worst player, by a long way. I would argue one of our better players. Was frequently given the ball in impossible/unreasonable situations, was ignored when in great positions/having made great runs, won the free kick for the second, deflected navarro's initial shot to vokes for the first.
CMS 6 - We missed his effort after he went off, but that was all, I thought. Wasn't making runs, his marker was frequently intercepting passes to him with ease as he waited for the ball to come to him and it just wasn't happening
Vokes 7 - good hold up play, composure for the goal, a few flick ons and headers. Along with Barnes and Calderon, one of the few players who can keep their head up, imo.

Noone 6 - didn't produce any of the runs, or make any show of pace, but I thought there was a general improvement (albeit short term) after he and Agdestein came on
Agdestein 5.5 - A shot that went out for a throw and a few fruitless runs into the box, one shot straight at the keeper,
Lualua not on long enough to fairly rate - like noone, he didn't do any of his runs down the wing, but did get us the goal.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Brezovan 6
Calderon 6
Dunk 5
Greer 5
Mattock 7
Navarro 5
Bridcutt 6
Jara Reyes 5
Barnes 5
Vokes 7
Mackail-Smith 5

Agdestein 6
Noone 4
LuaLua 8

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Barnes and Vokes were the only two who could hold their heads up after that (and Agdestein too, this guy is really promising). That was the worst performance I've seen from Dunk - did he pass to a Brighton player all night?

Must say that I thought Millwall were one of the best teams I've seen at the Amex - how the hell are they near the bottom?

I wondered that too. Bizarre.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Brezovan 5- flapped at some looked poor in first half got better
Calde 5 - far to close to Reyes got in each others way
Greer 6- not his composed usual self but was our best defender
Dunk 5 - how many miss placed pasess
Mattock 5 - was he on the pitch first half bit better in second
Bridcutt 6 - worked hard up against two good players their numbers 6 and 20
Barnes 6 - worked hard went down to easy a couple of times
Navarro 6 - worked hard
Reyes 5 - cleaver flicks very good footballer but fails to do the simple things that put us under pressure time and time again
Vokes 6- a handful thik this is the lad we have been missing needs to build a relationship with CMS
CMS 6 - ran around a lot

Subs

Noone (for CMS) 5 - didn't really do much, well shackled
Agdestein (for Reyes) 6 - looked lively this lad will be good given time
Lua Lua (for Bridcutt), not on long enough 6 mins very well struck free kick

we were all over the place

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here