Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plarse Relegation Party - At my place - Started already -All welcome

May 2, 2010
Not as much of an afternoon as you've had, eh?

Tuesday at work -

"congratulations Nigel, I see Palace stayed up."

"Yeah, it was brilliant. I stayed in and watched it on the telly and then spent the next five hours on the internet logged onto a Brighton and Hove Albion forum."

"Right....okay.....well, well done. Now, if you'd like to just round up those trolleys, there's a good lad".

the night is young Mr Joseph

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I never ever mentioned what season the party was for. They are rubbish so next season will be a relegation one. Alas , I feel we will pass them by as we go to Falmer in the Championship. Her Majesty's Customs and Revenue may well cut short their mirth o f course. Shit ground, owned by others, £30m debt and a pool of players lacking the word talent , in all it's meanings!

Yep, the relegation party will continue.

TNBA

TTF

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Have the police been around to shut it down.Very quiet.:lolol:
Never mind when you mature you will realise that things such as this come back to bite you on the arse.

May 2, 2010
I never ever mentioned what season the party was for. They are rubbish so next season will be a relegation one. Alas , I feel we will pass them by as we go to Falmer in the Championship. Her Majesty's Customs and Revenue may well cut short their mirth o f course. Shit ground, owned by others, £30m debt and a pool of players lacking the word talent , in all it's meanings!

Yep, the relegation party will continue.

TNBA

TTF

shit ground ,true but much bigger then Falmer.

May 2, 2010
*strawclutch*

I'm sure every club would love a brand new spanking, shiny new state of the art stadium on the outskirts of town , I know that there is a stack of land down on the Purley Way that would be ideal, but we have to make do with our home of nearly a century, with a rickety old stand,leaking toilets and shite food, but that's why we love it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I'm sure every club would love a brand new spanking, shiny new state of the art stadium on the outskirts of town , I know that there is a stack of land down on the Purley Way that would be ideal, but we have to make do with our home of nearly a century, with a rickety old stand,leaking toilets and shite food, but that's why we love it.

Shame it isn't yours.

I mean that though. The separation of the ground and a club is a recipe for disaster - but Noades knew what he was doing. Greed.

May 2, 2010
Shame it isn't yours.

I mean that though. The separation of the ground and a club is a recipe for disaster - but Noades knew what he was doing. Greed.

hasn't been ideal but we've had to live with it , clubs in Italy and Spain dont own their grounds, in the mean time we'll have to just put up with a 26k stadium.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
hasn't been ideal but we've had to live with it , clubs in Italy and Spain dont own their grounds, in the mean time we'll have to just put up with a 26k stadium.

Until such time HMR&C comes a calling and Mr Liquidator knocks on your door. I mean , knocks on Ron Noades's door. Bankrupt, bereft, befuddled and bound for the South Merton Sunday League......

Serves you right!

TNBA

TTF:falmer
:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

There's no way you'd ever get that land to build a stadium, it's either Green Belt or worth more for housing. You refer to Falmer being out of the centre of town as though it was a bad thing. Granted if it was the centre of Croydon you'd be right. However, once again to show you how ignorant you are Falmer is on the A27, a dual carriage way (unlike the Purley way not littered with traffic lights and cheap furniture stores) which is handy for the A23 and then the M25. It also happens to have a railway station right by it too. The authorities prefer out of town stadia so that when chav teams from Croydon visit they don't stink up the centre of a decent city.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You make it sound like you sell it out every week or something

The only thing that sells out is the Palace administrators when they make some pathetic offer to their creditors. This in fact should worry Palace fans as some own their homes, well they have a lease on their caravans anyway.

May 2, 2010
Until such time HMR&C comes a calling and Mr Liquidator knocks on your door. I mean , knocks on Ron Noades's door. Bankrupt, bereft, befuddled and bound for the South Merton Sunday League......

Serves you right!

TNBA

TTF:falmer
:

not the fans or players we deserve better we never asked for all of this

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
not the fans or players we deserve better we never asked for all of this

A lot of teams' players and fans deserve a lot more. Your players were paid more than your club could afford and your fans got to watch Championship football because your board are cheats. If all clubs did what Palace have now done twice it would be anarchy. Don't ask the fans of a club who had it's ground sold from under them for any sympathy because Palace don't deserve it.

If you were a Palace creditor you wouldn't be sympathetic either.

May 2, 2010
A lot of teams' players and fans deserve a lot more. Your players were paid more than your club could afford and your fans got to watch Championship football because your board are cheats. If all clubs did what Palace have now done twice it would be anarchy. Don't ask the fans of a club who had it's ground sold from under them for any sympathy because Palace don't deserve it.

If you were a Palace creditor you wouldn't be sympathetic either.

I'm not asking for sympathy just punish the board of these clubs Luton Town had 3 successive owners who cause them to destruct yet they walk away Scott free, why punish the fans and players, I've heard some silly parallel examples like buying Rooney or Messi, I wouldn't mind betting that we have had one of the smallest pay roles of any squad in the CCC, there were probably players on bigger salaries 15 years ago

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
the whole countries in the grip of the worst recession in living memory virtually every club in the PL have been playing to rows of empty seats, Middlesbroughs ground has barely been half full all season

Bit you're still proud to be playing in a half empty ground that you don't own, once again, hats off to you. We'll be so jealous in our tiny 22k stadium

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here