Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piss Poor Palace attendance tonight

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Apparantly there is some 17 year old midfielder who played a blinder for you lot last nite. Williams or something?

Out of all the youngsters we have, this guy will go on to have the best career IMO. He should make the bench next Tuesday.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
No, we only put away fans behind the goal for cup games. The Arthur Wait stand is where you will be located. Unfortunaltey they have moved away fans to the other end of the Arthur so you won't be right next to the Holmesdale stand which means less banter.
very disappointing :( some cracking noise and banter created last time

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Out of all the youngsters we have, this guy will go on to have the best career IMO. He should make the bench next Tuesday.

We will be sure to give him a big welcome,... it will be a novelty for him to play in front of more than 5448 people.... :D

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
As much as I love slating the Palace, as much as I think Little Al is a polished turd, as much as I'd love to see them humbled at every opportunity, as much as I feel enraged every time I see someone wearing that odious red and blue kit, and as much as I'd love to have the wings of a seagull and the arse of a cow, can we stop this pathetic p*ss-taking of their Carling Cup crowds. The comeback from them is sooooo easy, how many would we have got at The Withdean against Middlesborough, in the same competition - probably about the same.
Until we have 5 or 6 years of the kind of crowds we're getting now, let's just ignore their attendances. We all know their gates go up and down depending on the opposition, as much as ours used to. Remember we haven't had the kind of crowds we are getting now for the best part of 30yrs and those of us who put up with the Withdean for the last dozen years remember the crap atmosphere and crowds - yes, I know it was because of the crap ground we had, but the figures on paper don't lie. The scum have had better gates than us for ages, one swallow does not a summer make.

But getting acrowd of 5448 at withdean would have represented around 50% of capacity ofthe stadium.

if that is then moved across to selhurts they should still be getting a crowd of around 10,000, not HALF that

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We will be sure to give him a big welcome,... it will be a novelty for him to play in front of more than 5448 people.... :D

Well your players have done pretty well this season after an increase of 15,000 so given the boys talent I'm sure he can adapt! :cool:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Brighton fans mocking our attendance. Palace fans can just mock Brighton for their last 36 years of being below us with more to come. :lol:

Whilst I find this attendance comparing from grown men utterly pathetic, where did you get the 36 years from?

If you are going to take the piss, at least get your numbers right. We finished about you in 1984/5, so unless my maths is wrong it is 26 years..........too long of course, but at least I can add up.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I wish we still played a team full of youngsters, with Dean Wilkins as manager in front 5000-odd at the Withdean. :cry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Thats what he said. Zaha looks promising but this guy looks really first class.

Would they risk him on Tuesday tho. Remember we still owe you for Hughtons tackle ;) (joke BTW)

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

Would they risk him on Tuesday tho. Remember we still owe you for Hughtons tackle ;) (joke BTW)

Freedman dosnt want to over use the young players. But i hope he and Zaha play on tuesday. Good game to show the what football is all about. And to thrash the scum :cool:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Very unlikely he'll start, it's a huge game so Dougie will want experience. He's a great asset to have come off the bench though, very quick and skillfull and makes things happen. Zaha should start though, he's playing out of his skin at the moment.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Very unlikely he'll start, it's a huge game so Dougie will want experience. He's a great asset to have come off the bench though, very quick and skillfull and makes things happen. Zaha should start though, he's playing out of his skin at the moment.

That's my biggest concern. Zaha up against Painter. Will be our weakeast area

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Possibly on the form so far this season. Painter has been beaten a bit too often by quick skillful wingers for me.

Thanks, I'll let Dougie know ;-) That does sound promising, our best player on current form coming directly up against your worst. But I also worry about your wingers vs our full backs, Clyne being out is a big lose for us.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here