Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in thread

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
algie said:
That is a very stupid comment.Mcghee is gutted and he knows he can't do much more unless he is given money

Why do you insist on calling other peoples comments 'stupid' ?

Regardless, Mcghee shouldn't be given any more money, he should be sacked. If he can't even play players in their best positions and use sensible substitutions why the hell should he be given more money ??

Looks like I just about got up in time to see the most ridiculous rant I've ever seen before it was removed. Quite how such an innocuous comment provoked such a reaction, I will never know. I'm truly sorry about your friend Ian but how the hell was I supposed to know and how the hell did you think I was making reference to it? Damanclay summed up my feelings exactly. "Leroy" had been warned for swearing and was obviously continually phoning up to wind people up. You encouraged it. End of story. Mentioned by a previous poster on the same thread as well.

It is strange that he was the one who made the sick comment for which I have incurred your wrath. It is even more strange the amount of posts on here that I know you have read which direct real abuse at you - something I have never done. Abuse which you claim to be able to take every week on the radio. And yet my posts seem to needle you 1000 times more and I have no idea why. Bizzare.

Finally, can I suggest you make no more references to punching people - drunk or not.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"Drinking pints of lager" " Harty! :lolol:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
MM sounded very depressed on the phone in (my missus said he sounded pissed!) I got the impression he's given up and knows his time is up.

But can we afford to sack him?

Is Wilkins going to be tarred with the same brush - after all his is the idea for 4 - 3 - 3?

MM mentioned we looked better at 4 2 2 - was this a dig at Wilkins?

We need some fresh blood - keep Wilkins and Hinshlewood for the youth team but this time White and Booker have to go too.

There will be PLENTY of applicants for the job - there always are - we need somebody to come in, freshen things up, new ideas, bring some confidence back, BETTER CONTACTS with prem managers - we need a loan striker NOW.

All this bollocks about DK going if MM goes - can't believe that. I want MM out but DK to stay - at least until we have a watertihght Falmer decision. His going now would give all the wrong impressions.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Harty said:
Odds on, that or when I end up breaking the habit of a lifetime and punching someone. (guess who)
Sorry Vulture but one post on this thread has got me really wound up for the first time in years.

Harty,
So u think Mcghee will not be in charge for the game at the new den next week

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The Great Cornholio said:
"Leroy" had been warned for swearing and was obviously continually phoning up to wind people up.
To be honest I found his gratuitous use of the word "turd" MORE offensive than his wheelchair comment.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Harty said:
Odds on, that or when I end up breaking the habit of a lifetime and punching someone. (guess who)
Sorry Vulture but one post on this thread has got me really wound up for the first time in years.

Have I missed something?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Giraffe said:
Have I missed something?

Another NSC bust up, nothing to serious then :lolol:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Harty said:
Don't really know Vulture, its almost as if DK is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

Some sort of action one way or the other is going to happen soon. There is not a good atmosphere around the club at the moment, and sometimes a change a top of team management is what is needed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Seagull73 said:
Some sort of action one way or the other is going to happen soon. There is not a good atmosphere around the club at the moment, and sometimes a change a top of team management is what is needed.

Little to late though as the bad vibes were round towards the end of last season

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
So what was wrong with the wheelchair comment? I thought it summed up the situation pretty well.

fliddy mcflid

Jul 29, 2006
the metaphor he used was something like

with mcghee in charge brighton are wheelchair bound and there is no wheelchair access to the championship

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
fliddy mcflid said:

with mcghee in charge brighton are wheelchair bound and there is no wheelchair access to the championship

:lolol: :lolol: Genius.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
fliddy mcflid said:

Did'nt hear the phone-in myself but i can see a bit of sense in what he was saying. The way I read it he's just saying that McGhee has disabled the team! Maybe I've read it wrong? What got Harty so wound up he want's to start thumping people?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
fliddy mcflid said:

Much as I obviously deplore such a statement being aired on the phone-in, the telling-off by Harty was a classic David Brent moment. It would have taken a hard-hearted listener indeed not to have sniggered :blush:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here