Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in thread

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
McGhee sounded like he was about to get sacked on the phone in!

Hope upon hope!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Repugnant Toad said:
???

We bid £150k for a player this week! See numerous references in the Argus, etc.

We keep quoting this 150k for so many possible signings that never happen. But we never spend it.
I could put a bid in to buy Manchester United but when it comes to the purchase I just dont have the money.
I am sorry but before the beginning of the season DK has been saying we have this money to spend.
I for one just do not believe it, no matter how many times I read it in the Argus.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fans Forum - not seen it mentioned on here before but at the Fans Forum McGhee said something along the lines of "forget Withdean, if the deal is right, players will play anywhere" - basically saying the stadium has little to do with players not wanting to join us.

If that's the case and we agreed a fee with a club and the package was better than other clubs were offering what could be the reason for a player not signing?

his agent?
the club's lack of ambition?
or...........not wanting to play for the manager?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
fosters headband said:
We keep hearing that money is available, I dont believe it.

I dont back MM but I think the board are lying

You are 100% right

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
brightonfan_86 said:
Magoo was uttering and splutting whenever Hawsey asked him questions, is this the signs of a man who has totally given up?

That is a very stupid comment.Mcghee is gutted and he knows he can't do much more unless he is given money

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
BarrelofFun said:
Harty wanted Leroy on and then look what he gets? A wheelchair comment. Genius.

:dunce:

Harty wants Leroy on because he's controversial.

Unfortunately, Leroy crossed the line this week.

Overall though i quite enjoyed the phone in this week - although all the calls were negative, they were all pretty reasoned

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nodded off bedore the end - did anybody get a name-check in Harty's 'Albion all-time underachievers' poll other than Leroy nominating McGhee? :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Withdean Wanderer said:

Overall though i quite enjoyed the phone in this week - although all the calls were negative, they were all pretty reasoned

I don't think we will get a positive call until McGhee leaves.....People have made up their minds and I don't think even a nice little run of results will change that. The pressure is building!

Who will be our next 'gaffer'? Come on Curbs!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Who will be our next 'gaffer'? Come on Curbs!!

KEEGAN:bowdown:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
algie said:
That is a very stupid comment.Mcghee is gutted and he knows he can't do much more unless he is given money

He could have tried getting the best out of the players he had rather than falling out with them all and sending them on their way for a small fee, or even on a free.

Fall-out with a couple of players and I can see the players may be to blame, but it's far too many now. The squad he's got left is down to him and his shite man-management.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Withdean Wanderer said:

Except for that woman.They should be banned from the phone in as they haven't a clue about football(except Yorkie)It's just a waste of a valueable call

Last edited:

shaolinpunk said:
in his defense, i dont think he meant to be offensive. probably was desperate for a metaphor and couldnt think of a more PC one...
??? You are talking about the same Kaney banned several times and fond of using the work rape in every other sentence? ???

Ian Hart has no-one to blame but himself after "bigging him up" the other week as the reason he came back to the phone in. :nono:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
:ohmy: Only if we want to be well and truly screwed!

at least it will be enjoyable being well and truly screwed. i would much rather be well and truly screwed watching us with 7 strikers on a pitch and a man who comes out with comments like "'Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose" and "'That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved.' than with the clueless mr mcghee

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
[B
Ian Hart has no-one to blame but himself after "bigging him up" the other week as the reason he came back to the phone in. :nono: [/B]

Hart cut him off and put him right as soon as he said it so well done to him, but don't let that stop you having another dig.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here