Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phone in thread

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Scotty M said:
at least it will be enjoyable being well and truly screwed. i would much rather be well and truly screwed watching us with 7 strikers on a pitch and a man who comes out with comments like "'Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose" and "'That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved.' than with the clueless mr mcghee

I am personally giving McGhee the 10-12 games or Christmas, as I have always said, but I wouldn't want Keegan. There are much better managers who play decent football.

Mind you. Don't we want points and not performance? If so, Keegan is not the answer.

munster monch said:
Hart cut him off and put him right as soon as he said it so well done to him, but don't let that stop you having another dig.

The point I was making was that he wouldn't have had to do that had he not encouraged someone who he had already had to apologise about due to swearing, to phone regularly. As mentioned by another poster above.

But don't let that stop you having another dig. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Every manager has his level, not saying keegan is even a remote possibility but league 1 & championship would definitely be within his capabilities. However the question we have to ask is not whether any manager is up to it but would the board be able to provide the quality tools of the trade required even at this level at present?.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The Great Cornholio said:
The point I was making was that he wouldn't have had to do that had he not encouraged someone who he had already had to apologise about due to swearing, to phone regularly. As mentioned by another poster above.

But don't let that stop you having another dig. :rolleyes:

fair enough, my humble apologies

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
I am personally giving McGhee the 10-12 games or Christmas, as I have always said, but I wouldn't want Keegan. There are much better managers who play decent football.

Mind you. Don't we want points and not performance? If so, Keegan is not the answer.

there is absolutely no chance in us getting keegan anyway - im just saying that i cannot imagine anything better than having him in charge, simply as i would thoroughly enjoy it. if we are going to struggle, we might as well struggle in style

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
MM did sound pretty demoralised in the interview. I'm not expecting him to be pleased that we lost again, but for the first time he sounded like he had chucked in the towel. Maybe a management change is in the offing ? Another defeat at Millwall who are bottom next week, and it will be interesting to see.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
algie said:
Except for that woman.They should be banned from the phone in as they haven't a clue about football(except Yorkie)It's just a waste of a valueable call

Lesley from Hangleton :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Scotty M said:
there is absolutely no chance in us getting keegan anyway - im just saying that i cannot imagine anything better than having him in charge, simply as i would thoroughly enjoy it. if we are going to struggle, we might as well struggle in style

It would be nice if we could get a high profile manager who wants a job with a challenge.

All these so called big managers - Mourinho "hardest job in football" ; Steve Bruce - Jump ship if the pay check is bigger; etc. wouldn't pay us the blindest bit of notice. For sure, they have perhaps earned the right to manage at the top or a big club, but where is the challenge? Things get tough and they ask the chairman for millions to plug a gap.

Edit: Not that I would want Steve Bruce!

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd like to see Charlie as his assistant whoever it is.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
The Great Cornholio said:
??? You are talking about the same Kaney banned several times and fond of using the work rape in every other sentence? ???

the very same.

for some reason, when he says something that others might find offensive, if he hasnt meant it to be offensive it wont register in his head as being offensive, if you see what i'm saying.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So when can we expect either DK or MM on the phone-in Harty ?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Harty,
As you can read by most of the posts on here most think Mcghees time is up.What odds next phone In were are talking about who will be the next albion boss

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Odds on, that or when I end up breaking the habit of a lifetime and punching someone. (guess who)
Sorry Vulture but one post on this thread has got me really wound up for the first time in years.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Harty said:
Ods on, that or when I end up breaking the habit of a lifetime and punching someone. (guess who)
Sorry Vulture but one post on this thread has got me really wound up for the first time in years.

Put it down to ignorance, not everyone knows personal circumstances

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
BarrelofFun said:
I don't think we will get a positive call until McGhee leaves.....People have made up their minds and I don't think even a nice little run of results will change that. The pressure is building!

Who will be our next 'gaffer'? Come on Curbs!!

How about David Penney? He'd be worth a punt. I'd love to see Curbishley come here, but I should think he was on at least £350,000 at Charlton. As for McGhee, while I think he has to go, I wish Tony Bloom had been willing to put his money where his mouth is. He got his deal, with Wilkins being promoted. Now where's the money? I cannot understand McGhee's tactics, playing a centre forward on the right wing with a midget in the middle, but one can't help sharing his frustration if he wanted to bring in players, but is then told the money isn't there. If we bid £150,000 for Kandol and Barnet were wanting £300,000, could we not have put in the CK-R money? To use that to plug the black hole is a disgrace to me, considering the money was won by a fan, and was not the club's money. The Kandol bid was made before the CK-R sale was concluded. It's true that I would not have wanted to blow £300,000 on an unproven striker, but you can see what I'm getting at, can't you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here