Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Phone call for Mr Freedman"

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Hello Mr Freedman, it's Diana Ross here. I just wanted to congratulate you on your penalties.

ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!

CPFC1234

Banned
Oct 26, 2011
ON A DERSERTED ISLAND
Yet you're often posting here.
We lost against the winners. If you hadn't bottled it, you would have too.
:facepalm: I think you're thinking of Palace in the FA cup. We beat Gillingham and Sunderland in the League cup.

We didnt Bottle it, relying on our Youngsers to take pressure kick penalties was always going to end in tears.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
"Hi, Mr Freedman? Meatloaf here. Just wondering whether you and your squad still want to collaborate for the new charity single "1 Out of 4 Ain't Bad". I'm on 07113-131313. Give me a call."

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Great news - we'd like the Palace players to star in the filming of the new Coco Pops advert later this week. We hope you and your players are still able to take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime chance to become famous on the big screen. We're looking to premiere the advert sometime on the afternoon of Sunday 26th February; we're sure the squad will be wanting to stay glued to the box on that day. (Off the record, we were considering moving the date to a couple of months later, but it was unanimously felt that Easter would undoubtedly fail to deliver.)

I should point out that I've managed to allay the fears of the rest of the Marketing Department who are somewhat less than convinced about how the Palace shooting will go. Budgets are tight and we don't think we can stretch to a second week due to any 'unforced accuracy realignment' as we say in the trade. But when on the spot, I'm sure that the lads will put their best foot forward.

We feel a big launch would be perfect here - we're aiming high and have a wide target area. It's parr for the course these days.

I'm sure you and the players have noticed the natural link between Coco Pops and Crystal Palace. Sharing the same initials will create tremendous branding opportunities going forward - 'in the box and easily shaken' is one catchphrase that comes to mind. But I'll leave that for the ad writers.

Incidentally, we've noticed that there's been a large return of promotional 'Penalty Packs' from the last Kellogg's Coco Pops campaign. They were mainly sourced from the Sainsbury's store in the immediate area around Selhurst. We're not quite sure what happened, but there obviously wasn't the desire and hunger that we might have thought. We'd be more than happy to send a few boxes over if you feel that you and the boys could still make use of them. You could even eat them watching the advert!

Here's a quick mock-up of the new advert set-piece using Coco the monkey and Heftie Hippo. (Obviously we'd want you to avoid Heftie, but that goes without saying...) The arrow was inserted purely to show the vague direction in which the ball should be travelling. But being footballers, you and the lads would certainly know all about that, wouldn't you?!

l_20090723075842.jpg

Really looking forward to the 26th.

Kellogg's

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
We didnt Bottle it, relying on our Youngsers to take pressure kick penalties was always going to end in tears.

Hello Mr Freedman, "Chris Coleman here, new Welsh manager, just wondering if that youngster Jermaine Easter would like to be part of my Under 21 squad?"
"WHATTTT, I thought he was a youngster, is he really 30":ffsparr:

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
Hi Dougie it's Gus Poyet here, just to laugh at you for losing in the semi finals of a major cup competition on penalties after beating Man United at Old Trafford and lifting a team in the bottom three when you took over in to a mid-table team still with a chance of the play offs.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Hello Mr Freedman I wonder if you could take part in a short survey, On a scale of 1 to 5 how good are your players at taking penalties, on a scale of 1 to 5 how good are Cardiff players at taking penalties?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
In it's rightful place in the bottom three of the Championship where we have not finished for over 20 years?

You'd give your right arm to beat man Ure at Old Trafford, regardless of what team they put out.

You would have given your right arm to get to Wembley, to get the money, to pay your players and St Johns Ambulance. But we don't all get what we want do we.

Anyone lets not spoil a good thread.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
You would have given your right arm to get to Wembley, to get the money, to pay your players and St Johns Ambulance. But we don't all get what we want do we.

Anyone lets not spoil a good thread.

I love this argument about St John's Ambulance. We payed the bill. How do I know? because I, like many fans, contributed towards paying it.

I'd have loved to have got to Wembley and we were some decent spot kicks away from doing just that. Regardless, our season thus far has exceeded most of our wildest dreams, and if we beat you on Tuesday I'll take a lower-mid table finish as a succesful season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here