Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition to get Hart & Hawes reinstated

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My letter to Southern Counties:

Dear Sirs

I have today read in the Argus that Ian Hart has been suspended following his "window lickers" comment on air on Tuesday evening.

Whilst it was a totally unacceptable phrase to use - it was made during live commentary and during in impassioned monologue.

Mr Hart apologised immediately and apologised again a number of times when prompted by callers. He could do no more than this and as a listener and sometime caller of the show, I believe that should be the end of the matter.

Mr Hawes has also been suspended I understand. He should take no responsibility for this and in my view is clearly not answerable in any way.

I trust that you will take my view into account when considering your next actions.

Yours sincerely

Factually incorrect though, isn't it.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Is it a valid point to ask if Hawes even knew what a `window licker` is? Was he not following Hart's lead, unaware of what it meant. I confess I had no idea what the term meant until all this fuss and furore.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Is it a valid point to ask if Hawes even knew what a `window licker` is? Was he not following Hart's lead, unaware of what it meant. I confess I had no idea what the term meant until all this fuss and furore.

Good point , same here i had never heard of the term till Tuesdays night.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
A lot of people seem to be obsessed with who actually said window lickers.

There is absolutely no difference between telling someone to 'go lick windows'(or however it was phrased) or calling someone a 'windowlicker'. The insult is not to the person he/they was/were addressing, but those with disablities

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Then why don't YOU start a NEW thread about not reinstating them?

Surely, for people who want them back they are within their rights without the usual bandits who "must" have their say.

Honestly, a petition on NSC? What the f*** are the Hart bum boys gonna do with it? Print off all the pages and present it to 10 Downing Street?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As if the BBC are going to listen to a petition on a messageboard.

For starters they don't know that the comments have not all be left by the same half dozen people.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Ok right then I want you banned from NSC for saying the above highlighted word. That is offensive to some.

Yes I am going to 10 Downing Street with it, well I was until you spoil it. :(

:lol:

Why do you want me banned for saying that?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My email to SCR
I understand that someone at the BBC has decided to suspend Harty and Hawsey from covering the Albion because of some non PC remark made recently. Everyone, including those handful of people who may have been offended, knows that this was a silly remark that was ill judged rather than malicious. Sincere apologies have been made and I would ask that the suspension decision is reviewed.
If you try to cover the Albion with anyone else, most will turn off. Those you have used to substitute in the past have been a disaster quite frankly.
I look forward to hearing your response

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here