Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Petition to get Hart & Hawes reinstated

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope it doesn't lead to sacking, what would that actually achieve? What was said was said, and can't be undone. We just need to make the best of the situation now.

If I were BBC SCR I would

1. Suspend them for the next game. That makes it clear to them (and everyone else) that there should be no repeat, and gives the signal to the complainers that they are taking the issue seriously.

2. Make them do charity work for mental health organisations, maybe even use their position on radio to highlight mental health issues, and possibly even encourage fundraising. Use the opportunity to do some good.

3. Bring them back the following week, to do the job they're good at!

2 is just humiliating for them. I think there's a good chance Hart and Hawes will tell them to show it if they were offered it back now anyway.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
:eek::censored:

Well we can hardly forward this to SCR now can we, this thread was meant to be a petition for people who want them re instated, the clue was in the title and has now been ruined, thanks a lot. Could you not have posted your thoughts on the other thread ?.

A married couple in Cambodia who had "finally had enough" of each other have gone their separate ways by literally cutting their home in half.

Married Cambodian couple saw home in half after separation
The husband sawed off his half of the house following the split Photo:

The wife will stay put with the upright half while her husband has carried away his half to start again on the other side of the village.

Neighbours said the couple saw the radical action as the most cost-efficient and equitable way to avoid each other in a country where divorce lawyers can be expensive.

Vorng Morn, the headman of Cheach village, fifty miles from the capital Phnom Penh, told the Phnom Penh Post: "We tried to persuade them to think clearly before they did this because they had been married for nearly 40 years. But they did not listen."

Mr Morn refused to identify the couple to protect their privacy.

The impetus for the break up was the husband's alleged malingering, or the wife's alleged lack of care, depending on your point of view.

"His wife said that if her husband got sick and stayed at home, she was made to pay for his medicine, but if he stayed at his parent's house, she wouldn't have to pay. So they separated," said Mr Morn.

Following the spat, the husband's friends helped him move his wife's belongings to one side of the property, before chiselling and sawing half of the building off, in a drastic move that even Steptoe and Son did not quite manage.

Until he reconstructs his half of the marital home the husband will live with his mother and father.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
2 is just humiliating for them. I think there's a good chance Hart and Hawes will tell them to show it if they were offered it back now anyway.

Ian Hart turn down the chance to voice his opinion live on air, yeah right.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
:eek::censored:

Well we can hardly forward this to SCR now can we, this thread was meant to be a petition for people who want them re instated, the clue was in the title and has now been ruined, thanks a lot. Could you not have posted your thoughts on the other thread ?.

Yeah, how DARE he disagree...the very NERVE of it. :yawn:

Can we have a separate petition just for Hawesey to come back? Ta.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

I disagree. Harty does a lot of community work anyway, so I would think he'd be more than happy to. Hawes comes across on radio as a decent enough bloke, and I can't imagine him having a problem.

It's a case of being seen to do the right thing.

They seem to be very apologetic about it, it's not as if their attitude is "Fk you, I say what I like", is it?

Last edited:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
To have even been suspended is a complete joke, yes, a complete joke, that is what BBC SCR football commentary and phone in's will become now.

If these two aren't back by next Saturday then may I be the first of many to say I'll not be tuning in anymore.

:wave:

I won't be either! Bring them back!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah, how DARE he disagree...the very NERVE of it. :yawn:

Can we have a separate petition just for Hawesey to come back? Ta.

:jester:, it could have been made on the seperate thread , what is so difficult for you to understand about that colin ?. I give up

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
:jester:, it could have been made on the seperate thread , what is so difficult for you to understand about that colin ?. I give up

Perhaps that you hate anyone disagreeing with you to the point of making out like they have an agenda instead of just a different opinion.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would have thought it would be up to all the people the comments they made offended to form a petition!! not us geeks..yes you

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tsk Gavster, EMPTY YOUR PM BOX

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Does the term 'suspended' not suggest that they will, at some point (possibly having thought about what they have done) be reinstated?

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Yes not often I feel the need to get like that but frankly I'm tired of some of the uninformed bullshit on here suggesting there's some great conspiracy and that NSC is to blame. You say stupid things on air you carry the can, simple as. Harty and Hawesy know this and I hope they are reinstated but in simple terms it's difficult to argue with the reasons behind their suspension.

That's where I'm coming from too. Top post.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
US mate... what are you on... Hawes and Harty work for the BBC so they KNOW this wa sgoing to happen... evyone who works for them knows... its in the contracts. Both like their career and they can't afford to say 'shove it' to the BBC or they will be journalistc pariahs. Reckon BBC will accept the apology but they will recieve an official warning.

Ron Atkinson anyone?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My letter to Southern Counties:

Dear Sirs

I have today read in the Argus that Ian Hart has been suspended following his "window lickers" comment on air on Tuesday evening.

Whilst it was a totally unacceptable phrase to use - it was made during live commentary and during in impassioned monologue.

Mr Hart apologised immediately and apologised again a number of times when prompted by callers. He could do no more than this and as a listener and sometime caller of the show, I believe that should be the end of the matter.

Mr Hawes has also been suspended I understand. He should take no responsibility for this and in my view is clearly not answerable in any way.

I trust that you will take my view into account when considering your next actions.

Yours sincerely

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
My letter to Southern Counties:

Dear Sirs

I have today read in the Argus that Ian Hart has been suspended following his "window lickers" comment on air on Tuesday evening.

Whilst it was a totally unacceptable phrase to use - it was made during live commentary and during in impassioned monologue.

Mr Hart apologised immediately and apologised again a number of times when prompted by callers. He could do no more than this and as a listener and sometime caller of the show, I believe that should be the end of the matter.

Mr Hawes has also been suspended I understand. He should take no responsibility for this and in my view is clearly not answerable in any way.

I trust that you will take my view into account when considering your next actions.

Yours sincerely

Well done you, have a biscuit.

Last edited:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
A petition to post and forward to SCR to have Ian Hart and Andre Hawes re instated to their positions and the commentary and phone in continued.

Don't let a few zealous people with agenda's on NSC close down this show which thousands of fans listen to and love.

But NSC didn't get them suspended - they said window licker on radio. Of course they are going to be suspended and disciplines like anyone would. Think about it rationally for a second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here