Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor Saturday.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I shall politely clap him when he crosses the pitch, but I'm hoping that there'll also be a rendition of "should have stayed with a big club". :thumbsup:

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Adams took over a reasonable team last year which only really needed 2 or 3 players to strengthen it and he managed to completly turn us into shit!!!!

of cause you are write :thumbsup: cos Dean Wilkins (LOVELY) was the manger before Adams and he toook us to 7th (SEVENTH!!!!!!) in the leeg the previos. someone tolld me that we had an optiuon on fabregas, ronaldo and messi under Wilkins and if Dick Knight (LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!) had note sacked Dean and payed them the wages (which of cause we all know he has stollen from the cup final ) we would be in a much higher dividiosn today

He didnt leave us in the shit ,he gave the club plenty of time to find a manager.......DK just didnt manage to find one until Coppell came along.

i was sayering at teh time when Taylor left that Dean Wilkins should of bean maid manager but Dick Knight refused as he there would be no one to collect the cones at the university after traneing if Dean was promoted :angry:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I for one will applaud him as I think he did a very good job for us and left, not to follow gold elsewhere, but because he thought he would not be able to do the job to the best of his ability so therefore it was better if somebody else tried. I am however a little biased because his first job in management was 1 that I had been offered and had turned down, Dartford then in the Southern League.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agree US ... but perhaps not quite as good as the original Peter Taylor

Blimey, where have you been?

In terms of entertainment Mark 1 would win hands down but he did have some of our best ever lower league players to choose from, although we only ever really performed at home from memory. As a tactician it would be much closer

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Blimey, where have you been?

In terms of entertainment Mark 1 would win hands down but he did have some of our best ever lower league players to choose from, although we only ever really performed at home from memory. As a tactician it would be much closer

Agree, though from memory he built a team that had finished 19th two seasons running to one that finished 4th and gave Mullery the platform for the glory years that followed ... still admire the football we played in that period as the best I have ever seen from the Albion.

PS been busy!:angel:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Corked wine, sluggish pound, global warming, Gordon Smith's miss, lost car keys, Malcolm MacDonald's sideburns, Trevor Jordache, the smell of bitter garlic, James Blunt, Lulu the elephant pissing on the Blue Peter studio floor, Geoff Thomas' two left feet, the Cutty Sark fire, the oppression of the Aborigines, Anne Widdecombe's moustache, two lovers missing the tranquillity of solitude, the OPEC cartel, freshly-laid dogshit on the pavement, the punctuality and comfort of First Capital Connect trains, Elizabeth Duke bling, the cancellation of the Beachdown Festival, the concept of childish sarcasm, the weather on Bank Holiday weekends, Keith Moon's fatal overdose, the closure of Sporting Colours, broccoli...

... all Peter Taylor's fault.

Good point except I think you`ll find the persecution of the Aborigines was more down to Freddie Goodwin than Peter Taylor.

There is only really one person argueing against Taylor on this thread though, so he`ll look a total **** when he boos on his own............................... and he`ll get a mouthfull from the fans who know.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I also remember in a radio interview (after he resigned) that he said that he had been misled about the timing of the move to Falmer. Actually that remark rather pissed me off.

I shall neither boo nor clap.

Junior Lewis has played for taylor at 5 different clubs

Managerial statistics
Record
Team Nat From To G W D L Win %
Dartford 1986 1990
Southend United August 1993 February 1995 84 27 16 41 32.1
Dover Athletic 1995 1996
England U-21s July 1995 1996 15 11 1 3 73.3
Gillingham July 1999 June 2000 62 34 12 16 54.8
Leicester City June 2000 September 2001 54 19 9 26 35.2
England November 2000 November 2000 1 0 0 1 0.00
Brighton & Hove Albion October 2001 May 2002 38 21 11 6 55.3
Hull City October 2002 June 2006 184 77 50 57 41.8
England U-21s 2004 January 2007 16 9 2 5 56.3
Crystal Palace June 2006 October 2007 60 21 16 23 35.0
Stevenage Borough November 2007 April 2008 32 13 4 15 40.6
Wycombe Wanderers May 2008 Present 46 19 17 10 41.3

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Would I also be correct in saying that Taylor laid the foundations for Hull Citys revival as well...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't really have an opinion on Peter Taylor so I'll politely clap for the simple reason that I think booing former managers/players is pretty childish.

APART from Dan Harding OBVIOUSLY.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO :angry: :angry: :angry:

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
The only word I can use to describe my feelings on the matter in INCENSED!

Yes, Taylor did a pretty good job, we played good football and we got promoted.

He did inherit a very very good side who more than likely would have been promoted under a different and reasonably good manager.

I liked him when he was here, and had no problem with him at all... and I firmly believe that with him as manager the following season we would have done so much better...

BUT - he walked out, had nothing to go to, and to cite the reason being the stadium/facilities - well frankly all the players should have said well **** it, the club is going nowhere, we should all leave too, and while we are at it, should us fans have given up on the club too?

Thats the point - HE GAVE UP ON US

He didnt go to a higher challenge at a better club, he just walked away and gave up.

He shirked the challenge - getting us up that season was a challenge, yes, but not a big one. Keeping us up would have been a great challenge which he would have been capable of achieving. (Lets be frank here, McGhee managed it later on with a worse side!)

I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to clap a man for giving up on the team i love.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only word I can use to describe my feelings on the matter in INCENSED!

Yes, Taylor did a pretty good job, we played good football and we got promoted.

He did inherit a very very good side who more than likely would have been promoted under a different and reasonably good manager.

I liked him when he was here, and had no problem with him at all... and I firmly believe that with him as manager the following season we would have done so much better...

BUT - he walked out, had nothing to go to, and to cite the reason being the stadium/facilities - well frankly all the players should have said well **** it, the club is going nowhere, we should all leave too, and while we are at it, should us fans have given up on the club too?

Thats the point - HE GAVE UP ON US

He didnt go to a higher challenge at a better club, he just walked away and gave up.

He shirked the challenge - getting us up that season was a challenge, yes, but not a big one. Keeping us up would have been a great challenge which he would have been capable of achieving. (Lets be frank here, McGhee managed it later on with a worse side!)

I'm sorry, but I can't bring myself to clap a man for giving up on the team i love.

Yet you can overlook the fact that Dick Knight apparently misled and LIED to him about the stadium?

Bizarre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here