Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor Saturday.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope EVERYONE who goes on Saturday gives Peter Taylor a massive and heartfelt round of applause when he crosses the Withdean pitch.

He did a FANTASTIC job whilst he was here and never got the recognition he deserved for delivering the title for us.

It is a FACT he had the best ever BHAFC record in history with

34 games

19 wins
11 draws
4 defeats

68 points

Only 4 defeats in 34 games and we won the title at a canter by a clear 6 points.

Also he has supported the REMF coming to the first game as BHAFC manager and giving a team talk in the changing rooms at half time, he got a CPFC personally for the auction when all other avenues had failed and played in REMF 7 for the CPFC supporters.

He is a damn good manager with a track record of promotions wherever he has gone.

He also left with dignity and integrity after telling the board the money available did not allow us to compete in the Championship , something that was proved to be right and left us with 3 months to get a new manager and without a new job himself. Thats integrity.

A thoroughly likeable bloke.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
he is hardly Dean Wilkins (LOVELY) tho is he knot? Dean had a record of 36 wins in the 36 viktrys we had when he was manger at the Albion and if Dick Knight (LIAR!!!!) had not saked him when Dean found the money Knight had stollen from the Wembly cup final in a large bag with 'SWAG' ritten on it in hte shed where the club also have stolen the REMF flag and Leon Knight's (NEPHEW OF THE LIAR) booster seat for his car then he wood still of been manger today and we woudl be in the Prem like Bumley from up north (i got grade D in Geeography in 1974 and always new it would come useful one day(.

DK sacked DW to keep him silence with a nasty letter from the clbu sulisiter a bit like the ones i keep geting from the council about letting my poodles shit on the neighbors' outdoor decking.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
he is hardly Dean Wilkins (LOVELY) tho is he knot? Dean had a record of 36 wins in the 36 viktrys we had when he was manger at the Albion and if Dick Knight (LIAR!!!!) had not saked him when Dean found the money Knight had stollen from the Wembly cup final in a large bag with 'SWAG' ritten on it in hte shed where the club also have stolen the REMF flag and Leon Knight's (NEPHEW OF THE LIAR) booster seat for his car then he wood still of been manger today and we woudl be in the Prem like Bumley from up north (i got grade D in Geeography in 1974 and always new it would come useful one day(.

DK sacked DW to keep him silence with a nasty letter from the clbu sulisiter a bit like the ones i keep geting from the council about letting my poodles shit on the neighbors' outdoor decking.

Grade D in Geography and Ungraded in English no doubt

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I hope EVERYONE who goes on Saturday gives Peter Taylor a massive and heartfelt round of applause when he crosses the Withdean pitch.

He did a FANTASTIC job whilst he was here and never got the recognition he deserved for delivering the title for us.

34 games

19 wins
11 draws
4 defeats

68 points

Only 4 defeats in 34 games and we won the title at a canter by a clear 6 points.

Also he has supported the REMF coming to the first game as BHAFC manager and giving a team talk in the changing rooms at half time, he got a CPFC personally for the auction when all other avenues had failed and played in REMF 7 for the CPFC supporters.

He is a damn good manager with a track record of promotions wherever he has gone.

He also left with dignity and integrity after telling the board the money available did not allow us to compete in the Championship , something that was proved to be right and left us with 3 months to get a new manager and without a new job himself. Thats integrity.

I must agree

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

34 games

19 wins
11 draws
4 defeats

68 points

I agree with that, very good manager and from the one conversation I've had with him, a very nice bloke too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good player and a good manager too, did a fantastic job in winning us the 2nd Championship. Should get an excellent welcome from the vast majority, but I hope he doesn't get his team organised enough to take any point of us. I won't be suprised if Wycombe get at least a draw.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
Grade D in Geography and Ungraded in English no doubt

i have no needed to sit my English GCSE as i speke the langwage and so don't need it DUMBY! :rant:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

34 games

19 wins
11 draws
4 defeats

68 points

Yep! Agreed, I liked Taylor, and I must admit as soon as we went 1-0 up I knew, just knew that we would win the game. At worst a draw. Can we even begin to say that now?

Also I think I am right in saying that after every defeat (of which only 4) that we followed it up with a win. Remarkable.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
He did get a ride with a decent team then dump us as soon as it looked like there was a challenge ahead in the Championship though. He also physically threatened a photographer as he left the training ground I seem to remember.

I'll still give him a polite little clap though.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
He did get a ride with a decent team then dump us as soon as it looked like there was a challenge ahead in the Championship though. He also physically threatened a photographer as he left the training ground I seem to remember.

I'll still give him a polite little clap though.

I've no idea about the photographer incident, but with regards to leaving us I'd see it as him saying we couldn't stay up with the budget offered, and was proved right. As US has pointed out, he left in good time and gave us three months to find a new manager. The facts that we didn't and then ended up employing someone useless isn't his fault.

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
Of course there are some people who would argue that he took over someone elses Team and used the job to improve his CV after his Leicester experience. Left us when he knew that he was not good enough to manage us in the Championship. Some might say that he built his reputation managing the England under 21's but the reality was we still under achieved with the talent that we had.

On the one occassion that I met him he came across as a genuinely nice bloke.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
He inherited one hell of a team that was always going to get promoted but he still tried to mess it up by signing and playing half fit nobodys like Junior Lewis so I dont rate him I think even Hinshelwood could have got us promoted that year.

Also he promised me on the pitch at Withdean after we won the title that he would not be leaving and then left a few weeks after so I for one will be booing him!!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I was going round houses in thorpe bay, southend, washing cars door to door, and he answered the door. The c*nt said no!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But

34 games

19 wins
11 draws
4 defeats

68 points

Walked out on us while we were on the up though.......:nono:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
if we lose sat :bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave: mr slade..and good rid :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Wtf has that got to do with this thread?

I don't really have an opinion on Peter Taylor so I'll politely clap for the simple reason that I think booing former managers/players is pretty childish.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Great post, US!

Taylor was almost in a no-win situation when he took us on. There have been plenty of other times when managers have taken other a table-topping club mid-season and ballsed-up.

The fact that he left immediately after the season - unlike Adams and Coppell - should not be overlooked.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
He knew we would struggle in the Championship and it would look bad on his record so he jumped ship, he did not have a much better offer on the table like Coppell so I believe that is called a coward!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here