Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Reid has left Plymouth

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Strange choice of caretaker which suggests that it will be very short term. If Fletcher couldnt inspire the other players on the field as captain how do they expect him to be able do it as player manager.

I will stick with my view that somebody is near to buying the club and has a man lined up for the job when he does.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Another momentus day in the turbulent recent history of The Pilgrims.

Ridsdale has been media whoring it around the various news outlets all afternoon.

James Brent is close to getting a deal done. Agreements reached in principle with all the stakeholders, but nothing signed, sealed or delivered yet. He doesn't expect to have it completed this week either. It remains touch and go whether or not we get liquidised.

So, Carl Fletcher as Player/Manager with Romain Larrieu (longest serving player at the club) as 1st team coach. I imagine it was the best we could do under the circumstances.

First hurdle is finding out whether or not Fletch can be in the dug out on Saturday. As a player, he got a straight red last time out. But now he's the caretaker manager, will he be allowed on the touchline? I don't think he will, but we'll see.

Best thread on PASOTI today? Is Fletch a tracksuit or suit manager!

Riddler has said that the appointment is on a caretaker basis until a takeover is completed, but if they do well enough, then why not make it permanent. Usual kind of statement really.

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Strange choice of caretaker which suggests that it will be very short term. If Fletcher couldnt inspire the other players on the field as captain how do they expect him to be able do it as player manager.

I will stick with my view that somebody is near to buying the club and has a man lined up for the job when he does.

To be fair, the only coaches we had were Peter Reid and his brother Shaun. There is no other coach who could step up to caretaker.

It was either promote a player, or get someone else in.

I can just see the job advert now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I actually think that's a good idea.

I would think that he could offer something as a player in Div 2. He has served under a number of top managers so must have learnt something and I wouldn't think that immediately money is the major criteria so wouldn't demand a kings ransom in wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here