Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Reid has left Plymouth

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Who in their right mind is going to want to take that job on? Bottom of the league with one point, and no guarantee of getting paid?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A positive view on this could be that the impending purchase by the hotelier is near and he has said that he will buy the club but does not want to take over Peter Reid and wants to bring in his own man. Doing it this way he is not loaded with having to pay up Peter Reid to the end of his contract.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Interesting to read Steve Evans programme notes yesterday and blaming injuries for Crawley's 6-0 and 3-0 defeats to Morecambe and Swindon respectively. Well he should try managing Plymouth with not a pot to piss in. What a tool that man is. :facepalm:

Why does that make him a tool ? Irrespective of your personal opinions of the man, he is only stating a fact.
If we'd been raped by defensive injuries and then shipped 9 goals in two games, I'm sure Gus would say the same thing.
ps. I think you'll find that when Evan's first went to Crawley, they were actually quite shit with no money.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
You ain't wrong there BoF. How can the so-called authorities in football allow a Grade A Shithead like Ridsdale anywhere near a club still? God help the game in this country if something isn't done - & bloody pronto - to stop clubs ending up in dire financial straits. It's an f-ing disgrace.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Why does that make him a tool ? Irrespective of your personal opinions of the man, he is only stating a fact.
If we'd been raped by defensive injuries and then shipped 9 goals in two games, I'm sure Gus would say the same thing.
ps. I think you'll find that when Evan's first went to Crawley, they were actually quite shit with no money.

It maybe fact but the money he's been able to spunk about should insure the back-up players are decent enough. I don't like Steve Evans one bit; irritating, arrogant gobshite who claims all the glory for their recent success but he wouldn't last five minutes at Bradford or Rotherham.

I'm digressing a bit away from Plymouth. Just hope their problems are sorted out soon. Should be an interesting day when Argyle visit Crawley on Saturday 1st October!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Disgusting news if he was sacked - he helped the club in so many different ways, auctioning off his gear, going without wages himself.......goes to show what a wanker Ridsdale is. They won't find anyone more committed to the PAFC cause. I'll drop a couple of quid in any bucket thats going round on weds.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dreadful way to treat the man.

I agree. He had to sell his best players (two of them to us) and auctioned his own FA cup medal to raise money. As BoF said, he's been paying some of the staff from his own pocket. I hope that the Brent deal can go through and Ridsdale never goes near a football club again.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ridsdale yet again trying to shift the limelight away from his own piss poor management and load the blame on to someone else.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Taking into account his devotion to PAFC I would think it is more to do with the prospective purchaser not wanting to take him on as I have mentioned in an earlier post. Paying him off would mean a reasonably high financial payout and I doubt if Peter Reid would be prepared to forgo that having given so much and not been paid. He would expect the new buyer to pay him off.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
From the BBC live football updates:

1257: Further to the news at 1200 that Peter Reid and Plymouth have parted company, I can now report that Reid was sacked. A real kick in the teeth that, considering he recently auctioned off his 1986 FA Cup final losers' medal to help some of Argyle's unpaid staff.

That is an absolute joke. How on earth can Ridsdale expect players to perform when they aren't being paid, then sack the manager? What a twat....

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Taking into account his devotion to PAFC I would think it is more to do with the prospective purchaser not wanting to take him on as I have mentioned in an earlier post. Paying him off would mean a reasonably high financial payout and I doubt if Peter Reid would be prepared to forgo that having given so much and not been paid. He would expect the new buyer to pay him off.

If he has a contract he will have to be paid off anyway no matter who owns the club

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
That is an absolute joke. How on earth can Ridsdale expect players to perform when they aren't being paid, then sack the manager? What a twat....

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

And yet there are Argyle fans on PASOTI still defending him. I think that's the main difference between Brighton's position and Argyle's position. We were all united in our hatred of the board. Some of their lot still want to give Ridsdale a rimming.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the club is in administration isn't the agreed rate eg 10p in the pound or whatever rather than the full amount ask Portsmouth Palace or Leeds they seem to be the experts on this . Also it isn't clear if he resigned or was sacked there appears to be differing stories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here