Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Reid has left Plymouth

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's shocking. Some of them want to carry on regardless... "Get behind the team", "Chanting against Ridsdale will do no good", "He'll be gone soon", etc... Serious head-in-sand mentality going on, that means Ridsdale will get what he wants, and Plymouth will be more f***ed than Pippa Middleton if I ever get my hands on her.

This reminds me of an away game at Belle Vue when Donny fans wanted Richardson to quit (before he burnt down the main stand and was done for arson and insurance fraud). Donny fans were being quite vocal backed by the Albion contingent but it wasn't until half time that direct action was taken by loads of Brighton fans who ran across the pitch and stormed the directors box.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
If the club is in administration isn't the agreed rate eg 10p in the pound or whatever rather than the full amount ask Portsmouth Palace or Leeds they seem to be the experts on this . Also it isn't clear if he resigned or was sacked there appears to be differing stories.

There isn't an 'agreed rate' for all pay-outs. It is dependent on the assets of the 'old club'.
Football debts have to paid first anyway.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
There isn't an 'agreed rate' for all pay-outs. It is dependent on the assets of the 'old club'.
Football debts have to paid first anyway.

Plymouth Argyle's CVA meant unsecured creditors were paid 0.7p in the £

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I do hope we're not getting involved in this sort of crap again!

Dont worry nothing will happen , unless David Bellotti is spotted in the directors box :laugh:

GibGreen

Sep 4, 2011
Plymouth
Right, I've calmed down a bit now.

I'm still absolutely disgusted with the way Reid has been treated though.

Firstly, a few points to answer on this thread. Reidy will be payed up everything he is owed under the terms of his contract. He is a football creditor and must be paid in full. Dem's the League rules. Whether he was sacked or 'left by mutual consent' (I hate that term) is irrelevent when it comes to his wages up to this point.

I can understand some of the arguments for sacking Reid. If we were in any other position (ie, solvent, trading normally etc) then Reid would have to go......1 point from 27 is not good enough. Some of his tactical and team selection decisions have been odd.

I'll also add, that prior to our financial woes, and selling our best players, we were pretty piss poor last season too with Reid at the helm.

But, of course, we are not trading normally. Reids hands have been well and truly tied behind his back. He has assembled the best squad he can under the circumstances. The squad isn't good enough, but that's not Reidys fault. He deserves a fair crack of the whip once the takeover is complete, players are being paid and we get back to some sort of normality.

The way Reid has conducted himself over the preceeding months has been exemplary. The sacrifices he has made have been humbling.

However, there is no room in football for sentimentality. It's a business whether we like it or not. For what it's worth, I wish there was a place for loyalty and sentimentality. I yearn for a return to the old days of the majority of players being one club players throughout their careers, but sadly those days are long gone.

There are rumours that the sacking decision was made with the full knowledge/approval of Brent. No one seems to know for definate. If Brent was involved in the decision, then I think it is a very courageous decision. He would know that it would not be popular with many.

As for the apathy that Woodchip has mentioned, I totally agree and see where you are coming from. It drives me mad sometimes.

I still don't know which side of the fence I'm coming down on. I can see both sides of the argument, but bloody hell, it's gut wrenching.

As for Ridsdale, I've already stated that I don't want him anywhere near my club. The trouble is some people still think he has a reputation to repair and so is desperate for Argyle to succeed. Apparently, Brent has been quoted somewhere as saying that as he knows nothing about running a football club, there will be a place for Ridsdale at a Brent Argyle. Typically, I can't find the quote now though.

Another quick point to clarify, Ridsdale was already here before Administration. He was invited on board by the then Vice Chairman Paul Stapleton to give advice, and help unravel our financial mess created by Roy Gardner (Chairman) and Keith Todd (CEO). It was Ridsdale that appointed P and A not the other way round.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'm digressing a bit away from Plymouth. Just hope their problems are sorted out soon. Should be an interesting day when Argyle visit Crawley on Saturday 1st October!

Yeah, just noticed this fixture. Maybe anyone not going to Ipswich should go and support Plymouth that day?

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
Football debts have to be paid in full, they are not treated like a creditor normally is in law. If they have "football debts" like a players wages, and do not agree to pay them in full when agreeing creditor terms, the football league will take away their golden ticket. Its just a case of the football league looking after its own and been above the standard rules.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Poor old Plymouth - they've got rid of Peter...............unfortunately for them they've got rid of the wrong Peter

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
It's shocking. Some of them want to carry on regardless... "Get behind the team", "Chanting against Ridsdale will do no good", "He'll be gone soon", etc... Serious head-in-sand mentality going on

It's easy to forget there were plenty of Albion fans saying this sort of stuff in 1996/7. Even in the North Stand, I remember plenty of people not supporting our historic pitch invasion. So let's not imagine we didn't have our 'apathetic wing'.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
This reminds me of an away game at Belle Vue when Donny fans wanted Richardson to quit (before he burnt down the main stand and was done for arson and insurance fraud). Donny fans were being quite vocal backed by the Albion contingent but it wasn't until half time that direct action was taken by loads of Brighton fans who ran across the pitch and stormed the directors box.

I do hope we're not getting involved in this sort of crap again!

Why, what's wrong with a bit of direct action?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Football debts have to be paid in full, they are not treated like a creditor normally is in law. If they have "football debts" like a players wages, and do not agree to pay them in full when agreeing creditor terms, the football league will take away their golden ticket. Its just a case of the football league looking after its own and been above the standard rules.

Pompey only pais 0.8 pence in the pound f***ing tax dodgers, they f***ed many a local business.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Well his time at Coventry was a shambles.

:thumbsup: His record over the last ten years has been dire. There's no point others harking back to what he did at Sunderland - you might as well say John Gregory or Lennie Lawrence are great managers.

Reid's record at Plymouth before the financial collapse was poor. Ridsdale may be an arse but this is probably their best chance of on-the-pitch survival.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here