Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Reid has left Plymouth

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is an absolute joke. How on earth can Ridsdale expect players to perform when they aren't being paid, then sack the manager? What a twat....

I think the players are paid by the PFA but clubs still need ground staff, ticket sellers and stewards to be able to stage a game. None of them were getting paid.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What odds David O'Leary being appointed the new Plymouth manager?

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
A positive view on this could be that the impending purchase by the hotelier is near and he has said that he will buy the club but does not want to take over Peter Reid and wants to bring in his own man. Doing it this way he is not loaded with having to pay up Peter Reid to the end of his contract.

Sounds like you are a Fan of what Ridsdale is doing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sounds like you are a Fan of what Ridsdale is doing.

No I am not but I can understand somebody wanting to buy the club and getting it at the cheapest possible price with the least likely overheads or debts to absorb. By insisting that Reid is not still employed is one big financial burden that he wouldn't have to undertake.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Was he even taking a wage? I didn't think he was.

Who the f*** is going to want that job, I'm sure Reid was only there out of respect to the fans anyway.

Whatever is wrong with ridsdale, it's not a small thing - that's for sure

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Reminds me of when Jimmy Case was sacked. Was that a 'bad' decision too? If Case hadn't gone, we wouldn't have got Gritt.

None of this is to do down Peter Reid and the impossible job he had. Peter Reid deserves great credit for his commitment he has shown, not to mention his immense dignity and compassion, as shown by paying bills and some staff wages from his own pocket. Yet perhaps the situation does require a new face, someone who doesnt carry the scars of the last few years of being around Plymouth Argyle.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Not even united amongst themselves, just can't believe this non protesting bollocks

It's shocking. Some of them want to carry on regardless... "Get behind the team", "Chanting against Ridsdale will do no good", "He'll be gone soon", etc... Serious head-in-sand mentality going on, that means Ridsdale will get what he wants, and Plymouth will be more f***ed than Pippa Middleton if I ever get my hands on her.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It's shocking. Some of them want to carry on regardless... "Get behind the team", "Chanting against Ridsdale will do no good", "He'll be gone soon", etc... Serious head-in-sand mentality going on, that means Ridsdale will get what he wants, and Plymouth will be more f***ed than Pippa Middleton if I ever get my hands on her.

The difference between us in 96/97 and Plymouth now is immense, we had money so wages were being paid and we had some fairly useful players who responded to Steve Gritt once Jimmy Case had been sacked and the crowd were 100% behind the manager and team unlike Plymouth fans who seem to have given up. We also had an enemy everyone was 100% against and there was one clear outcome we were fighting for and all the supporters etc were united unlike Plymouth who don't seem to know what they want.

Very sad and I fear the worst unless they get their acts together

Lush

Mods' Pet
The difference between us in 96/97 and Plymouth now is immense, we had money so wages were being paid and we had some fairly useful players who responded to Steve Gritt once Jimmy Case had been sacked and the crowd were 100% behind the manager and team unlike Plymouth fans who seem to have given up. We also had an enemy everyone was 100% against and there was one clear outcome we were fighting for and all the supporters etc were united unlike Plymouth who don't seem to know what they want.

Very sad and I fear the worst unless they get their acts together

Very true. But I think we should still be doing what we can to draw attention to their plight and show support to their fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here