Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber explains the matchday requirements- youtube video

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I know. My question is about personal info I need to use this service. I don’t believe it’s just a phone number as the government guidance states. I could be anyone.

Do you know your NHS number by any chance? Or are you still registered with a Dr's surgery here?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
“Hang on I’ve just got to switch my phone on . . . . oh, um, I’ve forgotten my passcode . . . my wife’s birthday . . . no, it’s not that . . . it’s, um, now let me think . . .” :shootself

Or people who have forgotten that their phone opens with FaceID and have still got a mask on :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
“Hang on I’ve just got to switch my phone on . . . . oh, um, I’ve forgotten my passcode . . . my wife’s birthday . . . no, it’s not that . . . it’s, um, now let me think . . .” :shootself

"No I don't have that with me.
Why didn't anyone at the club say I needed all this stuff.
I've just got my ticket and a tenner - why can't I come in?"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you know your NHS number by any chance? Or are you still registered with a Dr's surgery here?

Yes, I requested, and received this via a text today actually…it seems I am still with my Hove GP.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
This is the frustration. Whilst have no problem adhering to Albion rules hard to understand compared to all other venues with big crowds we are so over the top. Maybe people will say others will copy us

But I was fully prepared to show my vaccine passport and picture ID as the website had stated this would be required. Also the wearing of masks...the reality was it just didn't happen.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
really don't understand why anyone has a problem with this. The Government have indicated that these restrictions will be needed in October, so the club are bringing them in them in to iron out the problems that WILL occur. The friendly on Saturday will highlight any major issues , giving time to sort them out before the opening games of the season. Hopefully after the first few games it will run smoothly as fans and staff get used to the procedure

For those saying other clubs dont have these restrictions so why should we may change their minds after October 1st when those clubs suddenly have to put in place the same process without having trialled it first.

I for one would rather a little inconvenience now , rather than wait till its pissing down with rain in October and there are huge queues everywhere because no one thought to trial the system before the government say you now have to do it and 34 000 people try to to use it with no practice at all

If in the end the Government scrap the requirement then all thats happened we've been mildly inconvenienced- so what?

Can you imagine the complete meltdown on here if the club went the other way, did the bare minimum now and then there's an almighty **** up when the restrictions become legally binding.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
really don't understand why anyone has a problem with this. The Government have indicated that these restrictions will be needed in October, so the club are bringing them in them in to iron out the problems that WILL occur. The friendly on Saturday will highlight any major issues , giving time to sort them out before the opening games of the season. Hopefully after the first few games it will run smoothly as fans and staff get used to the procedure

For those saying other clubs dont have these restrictions so why should we may change their minds after October 1st when those clubs suddenly have to put in place the same process without having trialled it first.

I for one would rather a little inconvenience now , rather than wait till its pissing down with rain in October and there are huge queues everywhere because no one thought to trial the system before the government say you now have to do it and 34 000 people try to to use it with no practice at all

If in the end the Government scrap the requirement then all thats happened we've been mildly inconvenienced- so what?

Can you imagine the complete meltdown on here if the club went the other way, did the bare minimum now and then there's an almighty **** up when the restrictions become legally binding.

cant disagree with any of this. what exactly were the moaners expecting?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Yup. Those moaning are people who generally only think about themselves. The club are having to consider 30’000 people, plus all their staff and complying with government directives and the sustainability of a multi-million pound business.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Yes, I requested, and received this via a text today actually…it seems I am still with my Hove GP.

I live in Ireland and so have had all the same questions.

I emailed the club and they won't accept my EU certificate which is proof that I am double vaccinated. I kind of understand this since they need to keep it as simple as possible for stewards.

I was not geo blocked from the reporting link. However, you get stuck because you need a test strip code which comes off off the kit you pick up in a UK pharmacy.

I have checked with people who have used the process though. It asks for your NHS number if you have it but it is not a requirement. It asks which country you live in and you will have to say England. It also asks for your address so I guess you put where you are staying. It also asks for phone number and email address.

Once the result is reported to them it sends an email confirming your report. I think it sends a text as well but have not had that confirmed.

So, hopefully this will all work ok.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

'Why didn't the club just do this from the start of the season".

Chances are that'll be said by those moaning about the club doing this from the start of the season.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I live in Ireland and so have had all the same questions.

I emailed the club and they won't accept my EU certificate which is proof that I am double vaccinated. I kind of understand this since they need to keep it as simple as possible for stewards.

I was not geo blocked from the reporting link. However, you get stuck because you need a test strip code which comes off off the kit you pick up in a UK pharmacy.

I have checked with people who have used the process though. It asks for your NHS number if you have it but it is not a requirement. It asks which country you live in and you will have to say England. It also asks for your address so I guess you put where you are staying. It also asks for phone number and email address.

Once the result is reported to them it sends an email confirming your report. I think it sends a text as well but have not had that confirmed.

So, hopefully this will all work ok.

Im hoping they wil accept your EU certificate from 1 October as it sounds like the 'easily manipulated' LFT's will be removed from PL /GOV requirements from then. Just something to consider.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Top move from Barber, feeling a lot more comfortable about returning to the Amex, especially with an aged father who is in a vulnerable group. Going to football is a leisure activity, its optional. If you don’t like it then don’t go. If you aren’t fully vax’d take a test, they're free.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Isn't a lot of it just getting used to a new system. When all the restrictions came in after 9/11; no bottled water, no bottles of fluid over a certain size, shoes and socks off et. etc. a lot of people got their knickers in a twist. Now it's just another part of what travelers need to do if they want to get from A to B.

Like it or not it seems more and more venues and travel companies will be demanding proof of vaccination both in the UK and overseas. At least the Albion approach seems well thought out and they have tried to accommodate everybody. There have been recent events in the States like the Springsteen show on Broadway where proof of vaccination by Astra Zeneca was not acceptable, it had to be one of the US manufactured vaccines which seems completely ridiculous

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here