Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber explains the matchday requirements- youtube video

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Quite probably but how much of that chaos will be the clubs fault?

Have your ID ready.
Have both apps open on your phone.

Show - scan - in.

Rocket science it ain't.

Yet I'm sure they'll be plenty completely incapable of following the simpliest of instructions, while assuming they have enough time at 17:29 to allow for their incompetence.

Oh and no prizes for guessing who's fault it'll be.

Even that isn’t needed. One Apple wallet contains match ticket, Covid passport and parking pass. Much easier than the olden days that people hanker after where you had to remember your ST wallet and print at home parking pass.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They should have an idiot queue at the kiosks…10mins queuing….what did Dave want? Dave, Dave, Dave, Harvey’s? Okay 1 Harvey’s. Steve, Steve, what did you want? Fosters? Fosters? Okay, 1 Heineken….:facepalm:

That queue really ought to end on the escalator to nowhere from the Simpsons for the benefit of society in general

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Clearly minds are not going to be changed here, and I respect that.

I shall be producing a newly purchased network card with photo in support of my covid passport at the Watford game.

This does not diminish my objection to having to produce ID, if you can fake an LFT test result for pre October games then your photo ID becomes meaningless. But hey ho, if we all agreed on here this would be a dull place.

That said to prevent further talking around in circles I shall take a break from these threads and get back to fretting about whether we are signing Nunez and Cucurella.

Think it's pretty clear from Barber that his intention is to get fans back safely, keep staff safe and increase their chances of keeping the stadium open. Some of the reaction on here in the last few days you would have thought Barber was actually saying he wants supporters to suffer and hopes the stadium is shut asap.

As pointed out by many others LFT's are meaningless and ID doesn't prove anything if the test is faked. The GOV, PL and suspect Barber know this which is why from from the 1st Oct this requirement will be binned and it will be a requirement to have a Valid Pass and ID only.

This isn't an assumption of guilt its the same rule for everyone and weens out the idiots.

From what everyone has been through over the last 18 months it beggars belief that some people are so incensed and traumatised by it that they will moan and hand back their ST's. If you haven't got ID you can get some for very little.

Without these restrictions we risk a localised outbreak which can be tracked back to the Amex which would cause uproar beyond the scale of the Euro's/Cheltenham etc etc.

Stop your moaning and be grateful and thankful that football is coming back!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They should have an idiot queue at the kiosks…10mins queuing….what did Dave want? Dave, Dave, Dave, Harvey’s? Okay 1 Harvey’s. Steve, Steve, what did you want? Fosters? Fosters? Okay, 1 Heineken….:facepalm:

As bad as that is I raise you:-

'Tarquin what flavour drinkie do you want?'
'No they don't have moonberry splosh, you can have fizzy coke, fizzy orange, fizzy lemonade, squash'.
'Hang on I'll ask'
'Do you have caffine free diet coke with lime'
'Sorry Tarquin no lime fizz'
'I know, look I'll buy you a PS5 on the way home to make up for the crushing disappointment but you still need a drink now'.
'You do, because in 5 minutes you'll say you're thirsty'.
'No mummy isn't here'.

'Oh just a water please'.

'Do you want a choccy bar as well Tarkers, my little non combatant solider?'

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is getting to the point where I feel that all those whinging about a little bit of proof of who they are will be better off staying away and the Amex will be a better place for it.

Been saying this for a while. I'd wager a fair amount these people moaning to high heaven about having to show an ID on entry are the first players to get on the players backs when things aren't going well on the pitch. We'll be better off without them :wave2:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
54FA550A-4A22-4FAC-BDB4-423747AABCCA.jpeg

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
This seems to be the one thing not covered in all the comms……a statement about what is acceptable would be useful but from previous discussions it seems to be anything that has your name and photo on it - work, railcard etc.

On the basis it says ‘photo ID’ without being specific I’m pretty sure a work ID would be ok. Copies are also apparently acceptable so if you really don’t want to take your passport, take a copy of it.

Good advice, Thank you....

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I haven`t got a mobile phone. Have given my details picture etc to club. Am told my ticket will be sent before first game !!! Will my card that says when I had my two jabs be enough to prove I`ve had two jabs ? I have taken a covid test. One of the freebies from NHS but Barber says you need NHS confirmation. How do you get that if you DIY ?? Very confused .. and feel sadly unlikely to get it right for first game.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Quite probably but how much of that chaos will be the clubs fault?

Have your ID ready.
Have both apps open on your phone.

Show - scan - in.

Rocket science it ain't.

Yet I'm sure they'll be plenty completely incapable of following the simpliest of instructions, while assuming they have enough time at 17:29 to allow for their incompetence.

Oh and no prizes for guessing who's fault it'll be.

Just as well the first home game is a 5.30 kickoff. If the club informed all the fans that it was 3.00 then everyone would turn up between 2-3pm, that would allow all the fans a couple of hours dithering about to get all the correct passes, I.D.s, compass bearings, driving licences, birth certificates, passports, library cards and last week’s Sainsbury’s shopping list out for inspection.

We’re in to the classic supermarket checkout scenario here - as in “I’ve got the right money here somewhere” and all the loose change goes tumbling onto the floor! :mad:

N.B. Probably the best ‘No Shit Sherlock’ advice is to get to the Amex earlier than you normally would.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I haven`t got a mobile phone. Have given my details picture etc to club. Am told my ticket will be sent before first game !!! Will my card that says when I had my two jabs be enough to prove I`ve had two jabs ? I have taken a covid test. One of the freebies from NHS but Barber says you need NHS confirmation. How do you get that if you DIY ?? Very confused .. and feel sadly unlikely to get it right for first game.

You need to get an nhs covid pass I think. I need to get this sorted as well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

You can go on the Gov website, report the LFT as negative, get the email that says it is negative, print it out and bring it with you.

But you can just bring your COVID vaccine card presumably. From 1st October you might need to print out your covid vaccination code

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton

Thats nice but I can see this holding up queues. Fingering your way to the wallet to produce the COVID PASS and then fingering your way back to locate the photos app, avoid the endless pics of your tomatoe plants and finally find the passport pic. By that time the steward will have forgotten the name on the COVID PASS.

Im gonna flash my ID and COVID pass at the same time so they can be viewed simultaneously and gain entry quicker for me and for all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just as well the first home game is a 5.30 kickoff. If the club informed all the fans that it was 3.00 then everyone would turn up between 2-3pm, that would allow all the fans a couple of hours dithering about to get all the correct passes, I.D.s, compass bearings, driving licences, birth certificates, passports, library cards and last week’s Sainsbury’s shopping list out for inspection.

We’re in to the classic supermarket checkout scenario here - as in “I’ve got the right money here somewhere” and all the loose change goes tumbling onto the floor! :mad:

N.B. Probably the best ‘No Shit Sherlock’ advice is to get to the Amex earlier than you normally would.

At least everybody else will know exactly where these sh*tforbrains will be...

...they'll all be stood in front of me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Imagine if we ever got into the Europa League and had a trip to Russia. Some posters heads would literally fall off at how to get to / get in to Russia

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine if we ever got into the Europa League and had a trip to Newport. Some posters heads would literally fall off at how to get to / get in to The Isle Of Wight

Let's not run before we can walk.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
People are still aware there is a global pandemic? I only have a passport as photo ID and as a supply teacher take it to work, it really isn't that heavy. I have used my Union card in many countries as ID, but it doesn't have a picture on it. Whilst I am cool with the club's stance, my crap phone is struggling. In the last week I've needed to download 3 apps to go to a gig, restaurant and a museum. Then for my week in Sussex to go to the Everton game I needed 2 for the match and 1 to take my kids to the Weald and Downland Museum. My phone is now officially full!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As bad as that is I raise you:-

'Tarquin what flavour drinkie do you want?'
'No they don't have moonberry splosh, you can have fizzy coke, fizzy orange, fizzy lemonade, squash'.
'Hang on I'll ask'
'Do you have caffine free diet coke with lime'
'Sorry Tarquin no lime fizz'
'I know, look I'll buy you a PS5 on the way home to make up for the crushing disappointment but you still need a drink now'.
'You do, because in 5 minutes you'll say you're thirsty'.
'No mummy isn't here'.

'Oh just a water please'.

'Do you want a choccy bar as well Tarkers, my little non combatant solider?'

I'll be honest, reading that email after the previous quoted post added an air of exasperation to the email tone which was almost certainly not intended

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here