Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber explains the matchday requirements- youtube video

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I haven`t got a mobile phone. Have given my details picture etc to club. Am told my ticket will be sent before first game !!! Will my card that says when I had my two jabs be enough to prove I`ve had two jabs ? I have taken a covid test. One of the freebies from NHS but Barber says you need NHS confirmation. How do you get that if you DIY ?? Very confused .. and feel sadly unlikely to get it right for first game.

From the club website;

2. Proof of a negative lateral flow test - taken within 48 hours of kick-off can be shown using the NHS COVID Pass or in the form of an official NHS email or text message.

The bit in bold you get when you register your test result on the Government website.

Note also the test needs to be taken no more than 48 hours before the game.

If you are taking a test you don’t need proof of vaccination. You also don’t need a mobile phone. There is actually no need for you to be confused. It is literally just a case of following instructions…

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
The app refreshes each time you use it with the expiry date being 30 days from the day you look at it ... so you'll be fine :thumbsup:

The NHS app on my phone only gives me 48 hours each time I log in, not 30 days. Same with my father in laws, we have both been double jabbed.
So if I log in at 10.08 on a Thursday then the pass expires exactly 48 hours later. Not a problem as we can easily log in to cover the period for a match but a bit confused as to how the 30 day thing works.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The NHS app on my phone only gives me 48 hours each time I log in, not 30 days. Same with my father in laws, we have both been double jabbed.
So if I log in at 10.08 on a Thursday then the pass expires exactly 48 hours later. Not a problem as we can easily log in to cover the period for a match but a bit confused as to how the 30 day thing works.

You need to verify your ID for 30 days

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
You need to verify your ID for 30 days

Thanks for that, makes sense now. It wouldn't accept my video for some reason, I am no oil painting but didn't think it was that bad :lolol:

So gave up on that part once I realised I could get the pass without!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I went to the Chelsea game last night. Having driven to Morden caught the bus to Wimbledon, hardly anyone wearing a mask there. Caught a tube to Fulham Broadway, probably 1 in 10 wearing a mask....No checks to get in the stadium, scanned my ticket and in I went. Literally a handful of people wearing masks in the stadium. Didn't see anyone getting challenged at all.

Not even any black players in the opposing 11?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Imagine if we ever got into the Europa League and had a trip to Russia. Some posters heads would literally fall off at how to get to / get in to Russia

It's no wonder [MENTION=42437]Jay White[/MENTION] knows "someone" who has never caught a train. I imagine their holiday taking process involves about 500 phone calls to the airline, hotel and passport services before they set off on the day for their Gatwick flight, end up in Wimborne and blame British Airways for it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, it’s meaningless anyway because all you need to do is scan a QR code and click negative. Not advocating it, but that’s the reality.

Thankfully the vast majority of people are honest and won't do that. Just a few scumbags.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These NHS lateral flow tests. It seems I can do this online (I.e. without the app) but when you register the result online, what information does it request?

The NHS site claims all that is needed is a phone number and the test kit

“ Seems you only need a mobile phone to use the report a test.

“To use this service, you need:

the QR code or ID number printed on the test strip (the part of the kit that shows your result)
a mobile phone number so we can text you to confirm we’ve got your result””

Surely I need more than just a phone number?

I tried to follow through with the NHS link but it wouldn’t let me get very far as it recognizes I’m not in the UK

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
These NHS lateral flow tests. It seems I can do this online (I.e. without the app) but when you register the result online, what information does it request?

The NHS site claims all that is needed is a phone number and the test kit

“ Seems you only need a mobile phone to use the report a test.

“To use this service, you need:

the QR code or ID number printed on the test strip (the part of the kit that shows your result)
a mobile phone number so we can text you to confirm we’ve got your result””

Surely I need more than just a phone number?

I tried to follow through with the NHS link but it wouldn’t let me get very far as it recognizes I’m not in the UK

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

You can click through there to try it. Should work for non-UK residents if you don't sign in / create an account as my mate did it for the Euros and he is a non-UK resident at the moment

Maybe it is something IP based that blocks you from reporting it ?

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You can go on the Gov website, report the LFT as negative, get the email that says it is negative, print it out and bring it with you.

But you can just bring your COVID vaccine card presumably. From 1st October you might need to print out your covid vaccination code

But you can just bring your COVID vaccine card presumably. So you to are not sure ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
But you can just bring your COVID vaccine card presumably. So you to are not sure ?

I'm not sure if it is clear. Ask the club. But from 1st October they will require the QR code for the covid pass instead

Last edited:

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
At least everybody else will know exactly where these sh*tforbrains will be...

...they'll all be stood in front of me.

“Hang on I’ve just got to switch my phone on . . . . oh, um, I’ve forgotten my passcode . . . my wife’s birthday . . . no, it’s not that . . . it’s, um, now let me think . . .” :shootself

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

You can click through there to try it. Should work for non-UK residents if you don't sign in / create an account as my mate did it for the Euros and he is a non-UK resident at the moment

Maybe it is something IP based that blocks you from reporting it ?

Thanks. But when I click on the green “Start now” button I get

“There is a problem

If you're in the UK

Sorry, there is a problem with the service.

Please try again later.

If the problem continues, call the contact centre.

UK-only contact centre

England, Wales and Northern Ireland: call 119 (free from mobiles and landlines)
Scotland: call 0300 303 2713 (charged at your standard network rate)
Open every day, 7am to 11pm.

If you're outside the UK

You cannot access UK coronavirus services from outside the UK. For example, ordering a test, registering a test kit or reporting a result.

Travel to the UK and how to get tested before you travel”

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thanks. But when I click on the green “Start now” button I get

“There is a problem

If you're in the UK

Sorry, there is a problem with the service.

Please try again later.

If the problem continues, call the contact centre.

UK-only contact centre

England, Wales and Northern Ireland: call 119 (free from mobiles and landlines)
Scotland: call 0300 303 2713 (charged at your standard network rate)
Open every day, 7am to 11pm.

If you're outside the UK

You cannot access UK coronavirus services from outside the UK. For example, ordering a test, registering a test kit or reporting a result.

Travel to the UK and how to get tested before you travel”

Probably geo blocked if you're in Germany then

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
“Hang on I’ve just got to switch my phone on . . . . oh, um, I’ve forgotten my passcode . . . my wife’s birthday . . . no, it’s not that . . . it’s, um, now let me think . . .” :shootself

Simple solution - free cattle prods for every fan. Beats a clacker.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably geo blocked if you're in Germany then

I know; this isn’t my issue, my post is about personal info I need to use this service. I don’t believe it’s just a phone number as the government guidance states. I could be anyone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I know; this isn’t my issue, my post is about personal info I need to use this service. I don’t believe it’s just a phone number as the government guidance states. I could be anyone.

I’m very sure it’s just name, address, phone number, email

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here