Westlake - 5
Racon - 4
Thomson - 4
Cox - 4

Forster 5
Murray 5

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Are you joking? Or just an idiot? 7s for all the back four?

Obviously an idiot. The 6 players in front of them did a shit job at protecting the back four and invited all our problems. Our 'diamond' was all over the place today. The wrong players were closing down the wrong opponents, giving Vale a free man and space to pass into. Complete and utter mess.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Kuipers - 5 - Made some saves, did some shite kicking (if he hadnt kicked shitly for the 3rd goal Whitaker wouldn't have got it

Whing - 3
Elphick - 6
Lynch - 4
Mayo - 5

Cox - 4
Thomson - 2
Racon - 1
Westlake - 5

Forster - 4
Murray - 2

Ref - 1 - Stop blowing your f***ing whistle for a minute

Fraser - 6 - Actually showed some energy when he came on

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Obviously an idiot. The 6 players in front of them did a shit job at protecting the back four and invited all our problems.

But the back four have to take the blame for allowing Vale players to walk the ball round them, failing to make a challenge!

I wouldn't mind so much if we actually stood some of their players up, but we couldn't even do that.

They made us look terrible at the back, and that is the first thing Wilkins needs to look at.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Obviously an idiot. The 6 players in front of them did a shit job at protecting the back four and invited all our problems. Our 'diamond' was all over the place today. The wrong players were closing down the wrong opponents, giving Vale a free man and space to pass into. Complete and utter mess.

I agree, the moment we went two down the diamond should have been changed to 4-4-2. I thought this diamond was for when we played strong attacking teams away from home. But Port Vale at home? I don't think so.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Kuipers - 4

Mayo - 3
Lynch - 3
Elphick - 4
Whing - 3

Westlake - 3
Racon - 1
Thomson - 1
Cox - 3

Forster 4
Murray 2

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But the back four have to take the blame for allowing Vale players to walk the ball round them, failing to make a challenge!

I wouldn't mind so much if we actually stood some of their players up, but we couldn't even do that.

They made us look terrible at the back, and that is the first thing Wilkins needs to look at.

No...I would say that the defence poor as they were, needed the midfield to support then, but Wilkins didn't have the nous to change it

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
You give Murray a 0 but he scored one (two but it was wrongly ruled out according to Hawsey).

Yes he is lazy, but probably deserves a 5 or 6

hes puts the ball in the net twice and you think that warrants a 5 or 6 for his performance? not in opinion, his performance over the whole game was crap

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe he can only perform in front of big crowds. Maybe he can't get himself up for games unless there 20000 plus watching?:shrug:

no point in us signing him then - wasnt today our second biggest attendance of the season?

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Madness. What about the fact that at almost every Port Vale set piece was met by one of their heads, and often with a free header. What about the fact that on countless occasions the defence was so slow to react that the Vale players were able to take another shot at goal? What about the fact that we let Vale players run around us like they were Brazil?

Amazing.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Ref - 1 - Stop blowing your f***ing whistle for a minute

He had what a fellow NSCer I sit with described as 'a quietly shite game'.
Two complaints really. Firstly, he didn't seem to understand the advantage rule. The again, overall I think that worked in our favour as Whing seemed intent on kicking their left winger everytime he got the ball. Secondly, the goal that was disallowed. If Murray was impeding the defender, fair enough. I can't say I saw anything, but if he was fair enough. However, if that was a foul, I can't understand how Forster was not fouled a minute later when the ball came his way. The player was holding him and jumping over him! One rule for one...etc.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So so pissed off, can't be arsed to bother with marks. What I will say is that I was really looking forward to seeing Racon for the first time after all his rave reviews.

What a f***ing useless, useless, lazy, retard. Absolutely shocking. I have literally never seen a professional player caught in posession so many times in a game.

He's basically ended our season today, and I hope he never plays for the club again.

Absolute prick.

What a shame you feel the need to post shit like this. Always thought you was one of the more sensible ones on here too. :(

Yes, Racon was poor today, but so was our whole team. The reason he's been getting rave reviews is because he's deserved them !. One poor performance does not a useless player make.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Kuipers - 3 - Should have done a lot better on a lot of occassions
Whing - 2 - Very bad today
Lynch - 3 - Didnt do alot
Elphick - 5 - He is NOT overrated
Mayo - 1 - Old habits die hard
Cox - 2 - Wasted SO many chances
Thomson - 4 - Just cant control the ball
Racon - 1 - Didnt do anything, rubbish passing
Westlake - 3 - Not at all good, but he didnt deserve to be subbed over someone else
Forster - 2 - Very bad day at the office
Murray - 1 - Lucky to get that

Robinson - 3 - Fans always call for him to start, but why? Hes absolutely useless and looks like a parrot
Fraser - 1 - Why bother? He is RUBBISH, hes not good enough for the conference
Gatting - 3

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Kuipers 4
Lynch 2
All the rest of us 3

:nono: for overall performance.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Kuipers--5
Lynch----4
Whing----5
Elphick----6
Mayo------5
Cox--------5
Thomson--4
Westlake--5
Racon------3
Forster-----5
Murray------4

Crossbar -10

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Oh dear....a very bad day at the office but we are 9th..still in with a small sniff of the playoffs...
Thought right from the start the players were off their game but some of the marks on here are over the top...

Kuipers 6-Not much chance with the 3 goals but his kicking is still poor at times
Whing 4-His worst game in an Albion shirt...lucky not to get a red..
Lynch 5-Off day again....passing poor and roughed up by Richards
Elphick 7-Very solid again and still learning
Mayo 6- Give the guy a break played better than most today
Racon 3-Sorry but he was very poor....could not pass...stand up..and caught with the ball so many times...should of been subbed earlier
Thomson 3-Was very poor today....I struggled at times to notice him even playing
Westlake 4-Did nothing
Cox 6-Would of scored 7 if he could cross a corner...good goal...great cross for Murrarys goal but should of scored after halftime
Murrary 4-Very poor today but scored he needs to up his workrate
Forster 5-Not one of his better days

Subs
Robinson 6.5 At least he can run with the ball
Fraser why
Gatting as above

Wilkins 3 Very poor today seemed unable to cope or react with what was going on in the gane
Crowd 4 let down by the team but so quiet

Ref 5 A tosser for both sides

Summing up we were very very lucky to only get beat 3-2 think 5-2 would of been a better reflection of the game....Port Vale know there down had nothing to play for but played well...but as we saw at 3-1 they were there for the taking if we had played in the first 90 like we did in the 3 minutes injury time

kuipers 6 - Not a great one by his standards, but how he kept his temper with that lot in front of him I'll never know.
whing 0 - My gran should have played before him. He was dire
elphick 3 - "he is far too good for this league"?? He was only slightly less crap than whing.
lynch 3 - usual standards really. Not good, and not getting better.
mayo 6 - pretty solid as far as I could see - better of a bad bunch and their first two goals came from the other side, and through the middle.
thomson 0 - was he even playing?
racon 4 - looked knackered at the start, did gee himself up as the game went on though. Worst game from him so far.
westlake 3 - Not much to say about him as he didn't do better than anyone around him
cox 5 - free kicks/corners bad, but his goal was well done and he still meant a lot more to the team than.... well, the team.
forster 5 - worked hard to beat himself into a wall. PV had his number, so that was that.
murray 4 - when everyone is failing, he can only look average. Which he did.

Robinson/Fraser/Gatting all get 5 each, for trying to get involved among a no-hope shower.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
My ratings:

Everybody SHIT

Cox the least poor of a hopeless bunch.

Absolutely gutted. Took two Liverpool fans with me today, taking advantage of the cheap deal, trying to persuade them that lower league football could be exciting and fun too.

They couldn't believe me when I told them Port Vale were bottom of a table containing three clubs who'd suffered points deductions.

Vale's third, great goal. Only real entertainment in the match. Their first two were sloppy as f*** and the defence were all over the shop.

Murray was lazy and almost anonymous until he popped up at the end. If his second hadn't been disallowed we'd all be going mental but it would have been unfair on Vale in all honesty and we deserved jack shit from that shower of shite.

Biggest crowd I've seen in a long time, and on that evidence half of them are unlikely to be back in a hurry.

From reports on here I was expecting big things from Racon, but he was turd. Westlake didn't do ANYTHING and I've still not seen Thomson get involved as I'd have expected from a surly Glaswegian who skippered his previous SPL team.

You can say we just had one of those days but it's just so irritating on the back of so much else going right previously and my looking forward to seeing the magic of our all new midfield.

Not to mention the rousing appearance of the old boys at half time, they must have been shaking their heads in despair after watching that.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
right - lets do this properly

Kuipers 7 - ok could've and should've saved that second goal other then that he really didn't have that bad a game in comparison to others , stood no chance with the other two really (the third was well taken the first one of the defenders should've had it)

Whing 6- never really shone but a few tackles when needed
Lynch 6- see Whing
Elphick 7 - a fighter and my choice for player of the season but wasn't his best game but better then the rest of the defence for me
Mayo 5 - unfair to use him as a scapegoat considering theres no one ready to play that position well at the moment but one side of a weak link
Racoon 6- i'm still not 100% sure what he's supposed to be bringing to the squad , he's got a Dean Hammond way of playing but without the battling?
Westlake 6- pretty quiet all game really , obvious choice to be substituted
Thompson 6 - again quite quiet and again not sure still what there is to his game that Wilkins has seen but we haven't
Cox 8 - the only player to play his heart out from the start of the game to the finish , attacking , battling, playing attacking set pieces - positivity when there was none

Murray 6.5 - still not got over his lack of confidence so i'm not sure what it'll take for it to happen but he still has the want for it even if his want to take on and win the ball has gone AWOL
Forster 5 - Invisible man mode again .. last player i saw of his calibre overall was Leon Knight and we can't afford that sort've player anymore - the blokes got talent but doesn't want to lead with it!

what game were you watching?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Maybe he can only perform in front of big crowds. Maybe he can't get himself up for games unless there 20000 plus watching?:shrug:

Cause today he made Gully look good

6,849 at Withdean for Swindon game. Racon absolute class on his debut and awarded MOM.

Yeah, great theory.

Maybe like every footballer who's walked the face of the earth, he has bad days ?

Maybe dickhead keyboard warriors NEVER have bad days ?

Just a thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here