Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palyer Ratings Port Vale

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
This thread proves to me what rose-tinted glasses people view Elphick with. He's obviously a great player but yesterday he was diabolical, as was the entire defence. You can't tell me that after letting them hit the woodwork four times, conceding 3 goals and risking conceding countless more, that Elphick had a decent or even passable game. The whole back four were disgraceful.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Raccon 4 Didnt appear to be interested and didnt win the ball back after losing it as he has in the past. Could it be our coaching has brought him down to our level?

Is that the same coaching that has brought on Elphick, Lynch, Cox, Robinson, Fraser, etc... since they were kids ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Perhaps that is there level, bringing on young players, but cannot keep more experienced players at their level,as they all appear to be worse than we signed them either on loan or permanantly.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How can anyone rate all 11 players? It's impossible to watch every player for 90 minutes, so ALL ratings are completely flawed by definition. That said, we were a complete sack of cack yesterday!

:shit:

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Its going to be like Henderson all over again some supporters wont be happy till he's gone, its so much easier to abuse a player than support an off form one

Then they will no doubt whine why we can't attract players, despite getting the reputation in a number of circles as having great away support, but you wouldn't want to play for them at home.

twicer

Apr 13, 2007
i dont no how anybody could give Elphick a seven .. the whole defence was not great they were all bad yesteray.

Also i dont no what people have against kuipers the way he played against forest and leeds and also i remeber walsall away it would not of mattered if we would of won yesterday or lost we would have been completely out of it weeks ago . i understand that his kicking is very poor.

as for the people who think that elphick is a premier league player i heard on the phone in yesterday ... come on the distribution of him is terrible . a good player for the albion but highly over rated .

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Spot on. I had heard a lot of great things about him but his was the worst performance I have seen by an Albion footballer this decade. It literally beggars belief how bad he was.
(And also hans kraay fan club 's comment earlier)

Why don't you try going to more than one game then maybe you'd be able to make a fair assessment over a few games, rather than just one.

I take it you didn't want/bother to travel the distance to Forest or Leeds or any other home game he has played in for that matter, if you did, you would see he is actually a very good player (hence the feedback you got as you didn't attend).

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
Kuipers 5

Whing 3 (No support though. Seemed to be 2 0n 1 every time)
Mayo 4
Elphick 2 (Off day)
Lynch 2 (ditto)

Racon 2
Thomson 2
Westlake 4 (would of kept him on)
Cox 4 (shocking miss)

Murray 3 (lazy)
Forster 3

Robinson 5
Fraser 4
Gatting 3 ( no time)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
(And also hans kraay fan club 's comment earlier)

Why don't you try going to more than one game then maybe you'd be able to make a fair assessment over a few games, rather than just one.

Sorry, Mr Elder but you are wrong. Chesney Christ is perfectly entitled to give his views on Racon's performance on Saturday.

Originally Posted by Chesney Christ
Spot on. I had heard a lot of great things about him but his was the worst performance I have seen by an Albion footballer this decade. It literally beggars belief how bad he was.

Does that say he IS a bad player? Does it say he was shit at Leeds or Forest? No. It says he was terrible on Saturday, which he was.

Massive dissappointment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

And not that it matters, but Saturday was the 21st Albion game I've seen this year. For someone who has a busy work and family life to juggle, and lives a 160 mile round trip from Withdean, its not a BAD effort.

Southend tomorrow will be number 22, and hopefully Mr Racon and friends will make some amends for Saturday.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Whing 3 (No support though. Seemed to be 2 0n 1 every time)

Spot on the diamond left Whing with no support. Westlake was offering more support to Mayo on the left hand side of the field. The right hand side of the diamond who I assume was meant to be Thomson left Whing totally unsupported and he didn't know to track the runner or close down the player with the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here