Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Brighton Memories

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Goring Gull said:
I just remeber as a kid when first started watching albion 88/89 approx it was always teh game sagainst Pompey i used to love, even though Southampton were their rivals i always considered Portsmouth the big game rather than Palace.
Me too, probably something to do with my age - I'm 34 on Sunday.

In the days of 3 up, 3 down, I remember the 5-1 defeat at Fratton when we were 1-0 up at half time. :censored: and the 24,000 promotion game at their place when Noel Blake officially became the only defender EVER to score an own goal when under pressure from Mick Ferguson. (think Farrington with a beard).

Palace are our rivals but I HATE Portsmouth. :angry: :angry:

nomad_seagull

Jul 27, 2004
Croydonbloke said:
What about your broken heart in 2002!!! I wouldn`t expect most fans new at the time he broke his leg in 3 places nasty all the same.

They almost certainly did know, FFS anyone could see the angle Ryans leg was hanging at and the bone came through his sock!!!

To be fair I remember even the Palace players calling to the physio to get on and trying to get the game stopped. Just the lame brain Palace supporters cheered.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Went to my first Palace v Brighton game in 1978 3-1 to us and been many times since and the rivalry was intense believe me. With respect the rivalry is alien to the younger Palace fans as i am sure it is among the Younger Brighton ones but to us older boys there is nothing like it. Bring it on!! :clap: :clap2:

It is a question of upbringing. My son is only 15 but hates Palarse with a passion beyond his years! :lolol:

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
nomad_seagull said:
They almost certainly did know, FFS anyone could see the angle Ryans leg was hanging at and the bone came through his sock!!!

To be fair I remember even the Palace players calling to the physio to get on and trying to get the game stopped. Just the lame brain Palace supporters cheered.

That was a sickening tackle and Palace fans were bang out of order that day to be honest

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Agreed my boy is only 8 and he isnt too fond of Brighton, Millwall or Charlton! :clap2:

Surprised you could get it up and had enough lead in your pencil.

Apparantly some palace players are in Beckenham at the moment. Bunch of tossers.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
AJ's Love Monkey said:
That was a sickening tackle and Palace fans were bang out of order that day to be honest
It's amazing how time's have changed. Millwall fans singing about Hillsborough last season is rightly considered to be absolutely sick, yet I reckon that sort of shit would have been par for the course in 1985.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Easter 1981. Palace (the team of the 80's) had already been relegated from the top division but the Albion were also in the relegation zone and needed to win their last four games to have a chance of staying up.

Huge following from the Albion, after about 20 minutes a long ball from the right came over and John Gregory, supposedly playing at right back, came steaming in from the left wing and we were one up.

A few minutes later we break from defence, and somehow Gregory is there again. 2-0 up at Selhurst at half time and things are looking good. Second half and the Albion are looking good and attacking our end. The elegant Gordon Smith gets a third and we go mental.

Then we win the next three games and stay up, piece of piss!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
El Presidente said:
Easter 1981. Palace (the team of the 80's) had already been relegated from the top division but the Albion were also in the relegation zone and needed to win their last four games to have a chance of staying up.

Huge following from the Albion, after about 20 minutes a long ball from the right came over and John Gregory, supposedly playing at right back, came steaming in from the left wing and we were one up.

A few minutes later we break from defence, and somehow Gregory is there again. 2-0 up at Selhurst at half time and things are looking good. Second half and the Albion are looking good and attacking our end. The elegant Gordon Smith gets a third and we go mental.

Then we win the next three games and stay up, piece of piss!

Only half a decade ago! :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here