Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Brighton Memories

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
dave the gaffer said:
Sorry to piss on your parade

When we played in 1977, we had the whole of the end now where the sainsbury's is, I got in late and Barry Butlin who was on loan from Forest scored after 2 minutes and we missed the goal. We won 1-0

About 2 years later I think it was, we again had the whole end behind the goal, again where the Sainsbury's is. Nice sunny day...funnies thing was a bunch of palace skins came in thinking they were in the palace end, they were chased down the bottom where they tried to get on the pitch, the police kept chucking them back...it was very funny at the time, but I assume they had headaches for a while after.

It then moved to the other end where the new stand is and we had the corner and underneath the stand.

First game I saw albion play was Palace at home in 1975, where we won 1-0 ( Ricky marlowe?) Best performance was indeed the Danny Wilson goal game...superb.

Used to reemember Palace had a volkski beetle that was fitted with rollers...used to roll up and down the wings at half time, where peter taylor would weave his magic. Best Palace player I have seen ( Vince Hilaire wasn't half bad either)

Butlin got the winner in 1975. Marlowe never scored against Palace as far as I can remember.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
26-10-02 said:
Get your dunces hat on both of you.
Kent seagull -brighton have never had the whole end the most they have been given is one section plus some seats.The same as all other away teams apart from some london clubs who got two .
A.J. get your dunces hat on:dunce:
Pompey in 1988 or 9 were given it at the end of the season when they had to get one point from two games to go up.We scored in the last minute and I may be wrong but I think they failed.I remember it well as I was one moved along the pitch into the arthur waite when they realised how many were coming.I think they had about 10000 out of 18000

Perhaps you lot where so frigging quiet we didn't notice you were there!! All I know is I stood behind the goal in the Holmsdale end and there was blue and white everywhere!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Brighton 2-0 Palace - April 1987.. My first ever game... Danny Wilson & Darren Hughes scored.. sparking a South Stand mini pitch invasion. Marvellous scenes for an 11-year old with his Grandad in the West Stand!!!

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Kent Seagull said:
You are wrong I'm afraid, the game I'm thinking of we definately had the whole of the Holmesdale end. Maybe the Palace ran away (again)! Other times we have had the Blackhorse lane end and the Arthur Waite stand. Surely there must be someone else old enough to remember?

I think you are getting your Holmesdale mixed up with your Whitehorse old fella! :lolol:

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
I hear Haywards Heath is quite pleasent for a bit of Sunday late November shopping.

Pubs aint bad either :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Blimey, how many times did the Team of the Eighties beat us in the eighties? Happy days!

The Keeper

Oct 22, 2005
West Sussex
dougdeep said:
Blimey, how many times did the Team of the Eighties beat us in the eighties? Happy days!

I think I read the other day.

Brighton 35 wins
Palace 30

You'll never beat the Brighton!!!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Kent Seagull said:
You are wrong I'm afraid, the game I'm thinking of we definately had the whole of the Holmesdale end. Maybe the Palace ran away (again)! Other times we have had the Blackhorse lane end and the Arthur Waite stand. Surely there must be someone else old enough to remember?

I can confirm standing i the Holmesdale. The day Paul Brush got the palace goal and the won 1-0. they went garrity as it was the first time they had beaten us for yonks.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The Keeper said:
I think I read the other day.

Brighton 35 wins
Palace 30

You'll never beat the Brighton!!!
:D

Attachments

• bright-x-wright-l.jpg