Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Anyway chaps, nice talking to you but i'm off for now. Not sure how a thread about our new Xaviesque signing turned into Barry Fry but hey, that's the world of football forums I guess! :wave:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
...but they have got an unbelievable acquisition that can only be worth millions more to them. If he keeps them in the Premier League, they will be laughing all the way to the bank"

Not forgetting you paid £6m rising to £8.5m then he's on an £18k aweek contract for 5 years so you get relegated and he's utter tosh then he'll be eating into your millions.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The fact that you are basing your opinion of him from just ONE game shows you can't be taken serious. I saw Messi have a shocker vs Bayern Munich this season, does that make him a bad player?

It would be quite amusing, to me, if Posh turn out to have mugged you for more than they did us. Will have to wait a few months to find out but there has to be a good chance they've seen us both off.

SOTF

Banned
Jul 18, 2013
I've spent many months browsing these forums and witnessing the jealous nature, delusion
and utter bitterness of some of your fans.

In a way I can understand it. The excitement of Championship football in a new stadium, a bright young manager, and a sudden increase in interest from fans of other clubs in the Brighton area who were excited at seeing some good, live local football.

You looked at Palace and saw a team in an outdated stadium and owners who were not willing to spend big. You thought you were leaving us behind. Instead, the complete opposite has materialised. We picked up your star centre forward on a free, who went on to score more goals than any other player in England last season, whilst you spent an insane amount of money on a shaggy haired, League One striker at best.

Your over confidence ahead of the Play Offs last season was quite frankly arrogant. You spent the whole week in the build up to the first leg discussing which sections of Wembley you wanted to sit in, instead of actually worrying of the immediate job in hand, which was a tough semi final for both teams to navigate past. Nothing will ever beat that night at the Amex; it was the biggest game between the two clubs. The bigger club prevailed.

Now, we find ourselves ourselves in the greatest league in Football, £150m richer, and signing some of the finest recognised young talent in Europe. On the other hand, you are signing low budget, lower league players, like that Chickenson (WTF?!?!) from MK Dons; this shows that the Financial Fair Play noose is firmly tightening around your neck.

Face it; your not going to be promotion contenders for a long time.

Enjoy Yeovil, Barnsley & Doncaster :D

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I've spent many months browsing these forums and witnessing the jealous nature, delusion

In a way I can understand it. The excitement of Championship football in a new stadium, a bright young manager, and a sudden increase in interest from fans of other clubs in the Brighton area who were excited at seeing some good, live local football.

You looked at Palace and saw a team in an outdated stadium and owners who were not willing to spend big. You thought you were leaving us behind. Instead, the complete opposite has materialised. We picked up your star centre forward on a free, who went on to score more goals than any other player in England last season, whilst you spent an insane amount of money on a shaggy haired, League One striker at best.

Your over confidence ahead of the Play Offs last season was quite frankly arrogant. You spent the whole week in the build up to the first leg discussing which sections of Wembley you wanted to sit in, instead of actually worrying of the immediate job in hand, which was a tough semi final for both teams to navigate past. Nothing will ever beat that night at the Amex; it was the biggest game between the two clubs. The bigger club prevailed.

Now, we find ourselves ourselves in the greatest league in Football, £150m richer, and signing some of the finest recognised young talent in Europe. On the other hand, you are signing low budget, lower league players, like that Chickenson (WTF?!?!) from MK Dons; this shows that the Financial Fair Play noose is firmly tightening around your neck.

Good post. Expect a ban.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Nail on the head , but as al said expect the worse . Just going out now to get some sun

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
This thread is great. It's keeping these Nigels nicely occupied and freeing up the board for those of us who aren't moved on by the police every 48 hours.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've spent many months browsing these forums
Thank you for joining Super Scum Bingo , you have been allocated number 37 which was formerly the number given to @Seaside.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good post. Expect a ban.

I think you might be confusing us with paranoid BBS.

We've seen exactly the same post from pretty well all your fans on here since the play off final, nothing new and nothing interesting, so why would a constantly spouted diatribe from an NSC newbie get a ban?

At least you all seem to have gathered on the same thread gloating and patting each other on the back, which is nice.

albionite

May 20, 2009

Great another muppet talking the same sh*t as the other muppets on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Your arrogance is astounding.

The 10 month countdown has started.

Spanish Nige first out the door after a nightmare relegation season :lolol:

SOTF

Banned
Jul 18, 2013
Your arrogance is astounding.

The 10 month countdown has started.

Spanish Nige first out the door after a nightmare relegation season :lolol:

And what happens if we stay up? Ever think about that? :whistle:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

What a load of old bollocks, you were doing well until " The bigger club prevailed." your not a bigger club your merely punching above your weight. One u20 spanish player does not mean your signing some of the best talent across Europe, it means you got lucky with ONE player, dont imagine it,ll lead to a flood of top class players to your shitty club.. you are a stepping stone for him, vital experience before he ****s off to a proper premier league club. You might be better off viewing that one more like a loan. Dwight Gale? Dont make me laugh, I could score a dozen goals for Peterborough the way they chuck everything at their strikers. Jerome Thomas ?? not even a has been, more like a never was. £150m , how much of that will be spent sorting out the croydon shitpit? And dont forget it doesn't all come at once , its drip fed over several years. Most of that will evaporate with the increased cost of running a small premiership club, albeit for only one year. A considerable amount will go on the silly money contracts your signings will be on back in the championship. Promotion may have secured your short term future but long term may cause more damage than its worth.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
And what happens if we stay up? Ever think about that? :whistle:

You won't. Well, you only have a fool's hope of doing so.

2nd from bottom would be a fairly remarkable achievement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here