Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace scrap stadium plans

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I see where you're coming from, but the owners simply wouldn't sell any of our players for a knock-down price. I'm sure there is a flexible timescale if things really weren't going to plan. Thankfully they've got a large pile of cash, so the 2 year cycle might stretch to 3, then selling 2 players in 2 years or something.

CPFC2010 don't plan to spend all of the next 3 years outside of the Premiership. Not sure if it'll happen, but they think it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

An admirable idea however it does rely on you producing an absolutely top notch academy player every two years. Surely common sense would tell you this is not a 'guaranteed' plan. You may not produce any for ten years (hard to believe I know following the long line of World Cup stars already produced).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE RIGHT! I'm going to rush this information to CPFC2010 at once, because OBVIOUSLY they haven't thought about how the ground could be redeveloped, they just made a statement blindly!

The plan is less of a "redeveloped" Selhurst and more of a knock-the-whole-thing-down and rebuild Selhurst, according to Steve Parish. The stand that would need to go first is actually the Holmesdale, as it's by far the worst structurally.

The CPFC stadium plans haven't actually been scrapped. All that has happened is that they're considering other options. The new stadium is still the preferred route for the board, but they are exploring the options we have at Selhurst too.
You'd have to be BLIND to see that there is no chance of a decent stadium appearing on the land you have at Selhurst Park.

The reason it has even been suggested is probably some form of brinksmanship. But given your reaction to the laughable business plan that seems to be plucked from nowhere (selling your best players every 2 years and not a DAY before - lol) I'm fairly sure some of your fans would swallow any old bullshit. If they told you Selhurst Park was going to be bigger than Stamford Bridge in 5 years time, you'd believe them.

Bottom line - if Selhurst Parks gets redeveloped (with corporate areas including parking), it will end up holding no more than 23,000.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
An admirable idea however it does rely on you producing an absolutely top notch academy player every two years. Surely common sense would tell you this is not a 'guaranteed' plan. You may not produce any for ten years (hard to believe I know following the long line of World Cup stars already produced).
Indeed. It really is absolutely priceless. :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE RIGHT! I'm going to rush this information to CPFC2010 at once, because OBVIOUSLY they haven't thought about how the ground could be redeveloped, they just made a statement blindly!

The plan is less of a "redeveloped" Selhurst and more of a knock-the-whole-thing-down and rebuild Selhurst, according to Steve Parish. The stand that would need to go first is actually the Holmesdale, as it's by far the worst structurally.

The CPFC stadium plans haven't actually been scrapped. All that has happened is that they're considering other options. The new stadium is still the preferred route for the board, but they are exploring the options we have at Selhurst too.

Oh I see. You are going to have a tiny pitch. Now it makes sense.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What size capacity are they looking at for the newly knocked down and rebuilt selhurst? They've only got limited land available so I guess it's going to be some way short of the 40,000 they wanted at the other place?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

The plan is less of a "redeveloped" Selhurst and more of a knock-the-whole-thing-down and rebuild Selhurst, according to Steve Parish. The stand that would need to go first is actually the Holmesdale, as it's by far the worst structurally

sorry sausage ,my uncle Clement is on the planning committee, you ain't going anywhere old china.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Palace have a real problem.

Their fan base has traditionally cover from the areas around Selhurst Park, Croydon etc. But their fans have for a few years now, and will continue to, migrated from the local areas around SP. Let's be honest how many fans did you used to see in Sussex 20 odd years ago? Almost none.

Nowadays, there are more, simply because if you had the choice where to bring up your kids/family, you would choose Sussex over South London.

I have a couple of Palace supporting friends who have both moved to north Sussex. Lower crime, better Schools, generally a 'nicer' place to live. They no longer go to evening games, as with their 8 o'clock kick-offs mean that transport is a real issue when getting home.

The move to a new ground is, long term, vital. However they don'y have much time, I was told the Arthur Wait Stand had two years left max, before it either comes down or is closed down.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suppose what could be feasable is to oull down both sides of teh ground ( not those behind the goals) but I assume the away stand where we were is very close to the road and I would have thought the owners of the houses would be a bit pissed off if they tried to raise the stand any higher ( it looks sunken down)

The main stand therefore would probably be the one and I am not sure you could fit another 15k + stand on that bit of land?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Selhurst is so tightly hemmed in, even if they level the place its not going to leave much room for anything other than a bog-standard generic build. Probably an uninspiring single-tier indentikit jobbie, something like a mini St Marys, or a Keepmoat I expect. 25k tops.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I see where you're coming from, but the owners simply wouldn't sell any of our players for a knock-down price. I'm sure there is a flexible timescale if things really weren't going to plan. Thankfully they've got a large pile of cash, so the 2 year cycle might stretch to 3, then selling 2 players in 2 years or something.

CPFC2010 don't plan to spend all of the next 3 years outside of the Premiership. Not sure if it'll happen, but they think it's going to happen sooner rather than later.

Surely nobody is thick enough to believe this is actually a viable business plan! comedy gold.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
They already have a scrap stadium - why do they want another one? :rolleyes:

can just imagine their stadium being built from old baked bean tins & suchlike, if they need some plans there's some very good pictues in here

show.php

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Surely nobody is thick enough to believe this is actually a viable business plan! comedy gold.

This is Croydon's finest we're talking about. As The Amex gets more seats to accommodate our season ticket waiting list (despite our 'second season syndrome' Palace fans were crowing about less than 12 months ago) their club continues to be the gift that keeps giving and that business plan is definitely comedy gold. Even more so because the chumps actually believe their gazillionaire owners that it is viable.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am just a tiny bit worried quite honestly that palace may find themselves in a tricky situation if they are exiled to the athletics track for a number of seasons. If that happens, their support will be hit, as was ours. I could see the new Selhurst being only a fifteen to twenty thousand stadium (that's more than enough anyway) or perhaps never happening. Sad days for our less than illustrious one time rivals.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I wonder if the Arthur Waite stand or the main stand, are listed buildings. Now that would be put a spanner in the works, wouldn't it?!

Listing more likely than listed.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I am just a tiny bit worried quite honestly that palace may find themselves in a tricky situation if they are exiled to the athletics track for a number of seasons. If that happens, their support will be hit, as was ours. I could see the new Selhurst being only a fifteen to twenty thousand stadium (that's more than enough anyway) or perhaps never happening. Sad days for our less than illustrious one time rivals.

Have you dropped Palace as Rivals because for the first time in 20 odd years you finished above us?? come on we kept you as rivals for bloody years even though there was 3 divisions apart and our crowds were 3 times bigger...come on, man up and lord it over us at least for a couple of years.

Palace do have a problem as someone stated, a lot of support has moved south and west, I would have thought redeveloping Selhurst stand by stand would be the best thing to do (its not like its packed to the rafters!) We would love to move 4 miles down the road and build a nice stadium like you have (yes I have been to the Amex, and thought it jolly nice) but thats not possable in south london as that would mean a move to somewhere like Sanderstead or Bromely that would be as likely as getting into the CPSC. So IMO knock it down and start again 25000 will do.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have you dropped Palace as Rivals because for the first time in 20 odd years you finished above us?? come on we kept you as rivals for bloody years even though there was 3 divisions apart and our growds were 3 times bigger...come on, man up and lord it over us at least for a couple of years.

Palace do have a problem as someone stated, a lot of support has moved south and west, I would have thought redeveloping Selhurst stand by stand would be the best thing to do (its not like its packed to the rafters!) We would love to move 4 miles down the road and build a nice stadium like you have (yes I have been to the Amex, and thought it jolly nice) but thats not possable in south london as that would mean a move to somewhere like Sanderstead or Bromely that would be as likely as getting into the CPSC. So IMO knock it down and start again 25000 will do.

Lol. I knew someone would pick up on that. It was a joke, seriously I wish for palace to remain our rivals. The other points I stand by though, I hope your chairmen are genuine and loaded as they say they are or I believe you'll end up in trouble.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here