Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace scrap stadium plans

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Breaking even? According to one of the billionaires they lose 10.5 million every 2 years. That's 100 k per week.

Pulling figures out of your arse. We lose between £2m and £3m per season, this season we've lost £1m due to the cup run.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
But I thought Palace's owners were BILLIONAIRES? Surely the cash for a new stadium would be a mere drop in the ocean of their unimaginable wealth?

This has absolutely nothing to do with money. The local residents have been fighting a plan to build a garden there for 10 years, they don't want a stadium there either. Nothing we can do.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
hang on i thought their owners were a collection of the richest men on the planet?

also VERY MUCH looking forward to the palace fans who were saying "you just wait until we get our new stadium, we'll be massive" to now say "oh...actually we didn't want it anyway, selhurst is much better....been saying that all along i have"

Once again, this is nothing to do with money. The cost of the stadium wasn't a problem, the problem was the locals. Selhurst is shite, but a new redeveloped Selhurst could be very nice indeed.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Pulling figures out of your arse. We lose between £2m and £3m per season, this season we've lost £1m due to the cup run.

Post #54 on your Fans Forum thread, BBS

"The other comment was that we are going in 2 year cycles costing the owners about £10.5m in that time. If after that we are not in the Prem, we then sell off some players to recoup losses and then start another 2 year rebuilding cycle. "

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
cpfc2010 said they need 20k a week to break even, if they sell no players. So it looks like zaha's on his way

Zaha is not on his way. CPFC2010 have already said numerous times that we will work on a two year cycle. We have two seasons with no player sales, then we sell a player in the third year if we haven't been promoted. This covers the losses of the years previous.

"Zaha will be sold in 12 months unless we have been promoted" - Steve Parish

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Post #54 on your Fans Forum thread, BBS

"The other comment was that we are going in 2 year cycles costing the owners about £10.5m in that time. If after that we are not in the Prem, we then sell off some players to recoup losses and then start another 2 year rebuilding cycle. "

Those aren't our losses, that is the budget for our playing staff. CPFC2010 have said that there is a £10m staff budget for the next two seasons, the vast majority of which will be for players.

We have not spent £10.5m over the last two years, that is for the NEXT two years.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Nope, it'll still be utter crap. Proper modern stadiums need a much bigger footprint than Selhurst Park can provide.
Pretty sure the footprint of the Amex is half that of Selhurst.
Anyone who remembers the old Stamford Bridge will tell you the plot was absolutely enormous, and even then they've only managed to build big enough stands to hold 42,000.
That's only because Bates still owns part of the hotel and won't sell it to them.

Oct 25, 2003
Once again, this is nothing to do with money. The cost of the stadium wasn't a problem, the problem was the locals. Selhurst is shite, but a new redeveloped Selhurst could be very nice indeed.

yeah you're right....personally i can't think of any team that has built a stadium in an area where the locals didn't want them

surely it's impossible

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
But I thought Palace's owners were BILLIONAIRES? Surely the cash for a new stadium would be a mere drop in the ocean of their unimaginable wealth?

you silly - they won't be billionaires until AFTER they sell Zaha :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pretty sure the footprint of the Amex is half that of Selhurst..

Pretty certain it isn't.

0,,10433~9273397,00.jpg

crystalpalace_aerial.jpg

Oct 25, 2003
I can't imagine there any examples of football supporters doing the unthinkable and taking on local people and, despite the evidence being against them, somehow doing enough to win their stadium. It would be a truly remarkable effort. I'm glad that Palace have admitted at this early stage they're just not up to it. One day, if they're lucky, somebody might be able to show them how it's done.

we certainly couldn't manage it....remember that we don't actually have any fans, we only have "plastics" who actually support chelsea

Oct 25, 2003
it doesn't matter though, a revamped selhurst will surely be the JEWEL IN THE CROWN in what is already a quite frankly, STUNNING area of south london

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Zaha is not on his way. CPFC2010 have already said numerous times that we will work on a two year cycle. We have two seasons with no player sales, then we sell a player in the third year if we haven't been promoted. This covers the losses of the years previous.

"Zaha will be sold in 12 months unless we have been promoted" - Steve Parish

Sounds like a pretty stupid idea to me. Any chairman/manager with an ounce of common sense will know that at the end of that two year cycle, you'll need to be selling a player or two, so they'll only offer knock-down prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here