Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace scrap stadium plans

The difference is we would turn up every week, unlike some I could mention :thumbsup:

I would love to see if this was the case.

I doubt you'd even get 10k for matches, but on the other hand the stadium does look to be in much better condition than Selhurst.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
That looks like a dream come true. It would be a shame if something went wrong and they had to play there for say a period of twelve or so years.

:)
Yes, it would indeed be a shame. But obviously the mighty Palace would pack it full of diehard fanatics every week, and never, ever, have a single seat empty...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The difference is we would turn up every week, unlike some I could mention :thumbsup:
It's unlikely you'd get as many supporters at a stadium like the Withdean as we did (given similar divisions and results).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

See, this is quite a silly statement isn't it, given that only about 12,000 of you are still bothering to turn up at Selhurst?

You'll drop to about 10,000 at the NSC, and you'll blame the lack of atmosphere, distance from the pitch, etc, when really you'll know its because of the shit football being served up by Dour Dougie.

Then, when 15,000 or more bother to come along when you're at your shiny new ground, you'll tell us they are all die-hards, who couldn't make it to the NSC, and not in any way shape or form 'plastic'.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
We had a Nike kit up to the end of the season. As fataddick rightly states, Nike run th,e club shops for the clubs, I don't know if the club take over the running of it next season.

See above. Avec, who do next season's Palace kit, is a brand of Justsport, the company who run your club shop. Justsport is wholly owned by Nike. Plus ca change. I assume Nike are rolling out these other brands like Avec in the hope they aren't as tarnished with the whole sweatshop controversy that has long dogged the main Nike brand.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This would be brilliant. What excuses would they serve up when getting 7k crowds :lol:
I imagine they'd have a lot more than that. As a temporary stadium it looks pretty good, and I imagine their fans will be in good spirits if Selhurst is being re-built.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe you'll get Sainsbury's to run it?

That could work. A whole new range of Buy One Get One Free offers on season tickets, and 500 Nectar Points every time Winifred Zaha hits the deck.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Nike (under the Just Sport brand) run the club shop on their behalf. It is I believe a condition of having Nike supply your kit these days that they run your club shop from top to bottom. See the likes of Barnsley, Oxford, York, Stockport, Doncaster, Lincoln, Palace, etc. Charlton handed over running of our club shop to them a couple of weeks ago.

Sounds bizarre. Will they sell sufficient additional shirts because it's Nike ?

Yeah but I bet if we played you there we would sell out our 700 ticket allocation, unlike some I could mention :thumbsup:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Sounds bizarre. Will they sell sufficient additional shirts because it's Nike ?

Possibly - a lot of idiots getting excited about the Nike brand on our message boards, but also a fair few saying they boycott Nike because of sweatshops. Be interesting to see what the benefits/disadvantages are. They run about twenty team's club shops already, so presumably we researched how well those clubs have fared sales-wise before committing? As I understand it our club shop manager and most (maybe all) of the staff are keeping their jobs, they're just employed by Nike now rather than CAFC. Maybe there's some tax loophole involved or something that makes it financially worthwhile for all parties?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Possibly - a lot of idiots getting excited about the Nike brand on our message boards, but also a fair few saying they boycott Nike because of sweatshops. Be interesting to see what the benefits/disadvantages are. They run about twenty team's club shops already, so presumably we researched how well those clubs have fared sales-wise before committing? As I understand it our club shop manager and most (maybe all) of the staff are keeping their jobs, they're just employed by Nike now rather than CAFC. Maybe there's some tax loophole involved or something that makes it financially worthwhile for all parties?

Its worthwhile to the football club , they don't have to shell out wages for the staff. Nike might be handing over a % on sales in lieu of rent plus being responsible for the upkeep of the shop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here