Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace scrap stadium plans

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Well the footprint would allow a Holmedale Rd stand to replace the AW and main stand which would probably give a capacity of 30k. However, that would have to get passed the residents on the AW side and a taller stand would block the sun from, probably, afternoon onwards!! They would still have the problem of the Sainsbury end so unless they can build over the top of the grocer then the place will remain looking stupid. Would be good if they could reinstate the white horse end as it was in the 70s. Bit of tradition.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Have you dropped Palace as Rivals because for the first time in 20 odd years you finished above us?? come on we kept you as rivals for bloody years even though there was 3 divisions apart and our crowds were 3 times bigger...come on, man up and lord it over us at least for a couple of years.

Palace do have a problem as someone stated, a lot of support has moved south and west, I would have thought redeveloping Selhurst stand by stand would be the best thing to do (its not like its packed to the rafters!) We would love to move 4 miles down the road and build a nice stadium like you have (yes I have been to the Amex, and thought it jolly nice) but thats not possable in south london as that would mean a move to somewhere like Sanderstead or Bromely that would be as likely as getting into the CPSC. So IMO knock it down and start again 25000 will do.

Sensible post. You are not welcome here!!

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
They may as well just wait for the next round of riots.

Brilliant, will save a fortune in paying demolition contractors, AND they would probably attempt to claim on the fire cover in the insurance.

However as the damage would be classified as being caused by 'Riot' I doubt if any normal insurance policy would cover it...........

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2012
You'd have to be BLIND to see that there is no chance of a decent stadium appearing on the land you have at Selhurst Park.

The reason it has even been suggested is probably some form of brinksmanship. But given your reaction to the laughable business plan that seems to be plucked from nowhere (selling your best players every 2 years and not a DAY before - lol) I'm fairly sure some of your fans would swallow any old bullshit. If they told you Selhurst Park was going to be bigger than Stamford Bridge in 5 years time, you'd believe them.

Bottom line - if Selhurst Parks gets redeveloped (with corporate areas including parking), it will end up holding no more than 23,000.

With respect your talking out of your arse. Why would CPFC spend millions on re-developing selhurst to have a smaller capacity then they have at present? If they filled in the 4 corners, it will be around 30,000, which is plenty big enough. The car park behind the old stand, which we own, is as big as the ground, so there is land to play with.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
With respect your talking out of your arse. Why would CPFC spend millions on re-developing selhurst to have a smaller capacity then they have at present? If they filled in the 4 corners, it will be around 30,000, which is plenty big enough. The car park behind the old stand, which we own, is as big as the ground, so there is land to play with.

Wouldn't that make it a bowl shaped stadium, which most of your fans don't seem to want.

can just imagine their stadium being built from old baked bean tins & suchlike, if they need some plans there's some very good pictues in here

show.php

Great idea, perhaps the Wombles could be the contractor?

If your talking about the car park by Sainsbury's, then I have a shock for you, you don't own it and only have it on license from them on match days.

Look it up, this is fact.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can I just say that I've never noticed the point made by Simster (?) before, that the design of the Holmesdale Stand appears to be inspired by (or built out of spare parts from) a barn.

That is an astounding accurate observation, sir :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Can I just say that I've never noticed the point made by Simster (?) before, that the design of the Holmesdale Stand appears to be inspired by (or built out of spare parts from) a barn.

600px-Selhurst_Park%2C_Holmesdale_Road_Stand_-_geograph.org.uk_-_138710.jpg

A partially bombed / fire damaged barn. Which is always a risk in Croydon I suppose.

Jan 12, 2012
If your talking about the car park by Sainsbury's, then I have a shock for you, you don't own it and only have it on license from them on match days.

Look it up, this is fact.

No not the sainsbury's one, the one directly behind the old stand, where the players and corporates park, look it up,its a fact.

Oct 25, 2003

the first thing you need is better facilities in general, and in particular, better corporate facilities....it's the best way to make money

several clubs have made their grounds smaller (mostly ones that, ahem, can't fill their grounds) to make way for better corporate facilities and better facilities in general (people prefer to sit in a newer stand, with good concourses etc.)

make the arthur wait a bit smaller, nicer, and whack in a load of corporate boxes in place of the redundant seats= job done

and let's face it, a couple of thousand empty seats in a smaller ground is better than 10,000+ empty seats in a bigger ground

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I wonder if they got it at a knock down price after the Yanks moved out of one the air force bases in East Anglia because it looks very much like a hanger which used to house the nuclear bomber aircraft ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Pulling figures out of your arse. We lose between £2m and £3m per season, this season we've lost £1m due to the cup run.

Didn't you mention only last month that Palace would break even because of the wonderful cup run ???

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Didn't you mention only last month that Palace would break even because of the wonderful cup run ???

I didn't mention the Clyne money, as it'll be going straight into transfers. If we weren't buying anyone we'd actually have made money this season. Obviously this isn't the case as we've just signed a new RB.

Jan 12, 2012
the first thing you need is better facilities in general, and in particular, better corporate facilities....it's the best way to make money

several clubs have made their grounds smaller (mostly ones that, ahem, can't fill their grounds) to make way for better corporate facilities and better facilities in general (people prefer to sit in a newer stand, with good concourses etc.)

make the arthur wait a bit smaller, nicer, and whack in a load of corporate boxes in place of the redundant seats= job done

and let's face it, a couple of thousand empty seats in a smaller ground is better than 10,000+ empty seats in a bigger ground

Actually thats quite a sensible post, im sure CPFC2010 would be interested in your proposals, word of advice though, cash upfront !! :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Actually thats quite a sensible post, im sure CPFC2010 would be interested in your proposals, word of advice though, cash upfront !! :lolol:

Why do you join in with the "cash up front" shite? CPFC2010 are far too professional to even have those doubts.

No not the sainsbury's one, the one directly behind the old stand, where the players and corporates park, look it up,its a fact.

I think, if memory serves that only half of that belongs to CPFC and then what are you proposing to do with the houses along the sides of the car park?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sainsburys are keen to redevelop Selhurst Park as it will give them more parking spaces and additional self service checkouts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here