Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace owners calling us scum!

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
That's the difference - many people supporting the Albion did get off their arses and try & do something - it's well documented.

Ah yes I see the difference, so our '200' protesting managed to sway Lloyds bank to sign over the ground to CPF2010, whereas your, what, thousands(?) protesting failed.

Brilliant.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
100% right. They know it and we know it.

Less than 200 could be bothered to shuffle 10 miles across London to their " liquidation day" protest.

That's 192 more than could be bothered to attend a fans night recently.

And most of those were players.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ah yes I see the difference, so our '200' protesting managed to sway Lloyds bank to sign over the ground to CPF2010, whereas your, what, thousands(?) protesting failed.

Brilliant.

Failed ? So the Amex does not exist now. Unbelievable. You have lost. Accept it and leave in good grace.

They are an astonishingly apathetic bunch. As acknowledged by their own 'Billy Rhino' on the BBS.

Great entertainment reading the BBS on "liquidation day" - a constant stream of posts saying "I wish I could be there but..."

Well it was raining - says everything about Palace support "tinpot".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Goldstone. Or did life as a Brighton fan only start for you last season?

Actually, don't answer that, I already know.

JCL.

This is getting silly now. It's like trying to have a debate with a 2 year old and for that reason I AM OUT.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Goldstone. Or did life as a Brighton fan only start for you last season?

Actually, don't answer that, I already know.

JCL.

1972 since you ask. I am now OUT.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Great entertainment reading the BBS on "liquidation day" - a constant stream of posts saying "I wish I could be there but..."

Well it was raining - says everything about Palace support "tinpot".
Most of the support for them came from fans from other teams supporting their cause, including Brighton fans. They needed to be nudged to act. They just didn't seem that bothered.

Most of the support for them came from fans from other teams supporting their cause, including Brighton fans. They needed to be nudged to act. They just didn't seem that bothered.

Any Club that fails to sell out their home ground for a cup semi final is in trouble support wise. It's nothing new from them. Apathetic or pathetic take your pick.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Brilliant.

You are comparing chalk and cheese. Why is the thousands questioned? I remember the 90s very clearly and I was a mere teenager in those days. There were thousands.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
CPFC have responded.

Brightscum crying over commets! - Page 2 - CPFC BBS

"Oh blimey, only just seen this. Obviously it really was a joke. I can't believe that anyone would take that seriously. You need to have a total sense of humour failure to think that there was anything malicious in it.

I hope I'm not quoted out of context on this somewhere else because, honestly, I would never say anything derogitory about BHAFC. Tony Bloom and his family are genuine fans of the club that they have supported all their lives. I'm full of admiration for what the Blooms have achieved there. I actually don't understand why the Brighton/Palace bitterness persists. Some people seem to take it all far too seriously. It's the people walking round Brighton and Croydon in Man Utd shirts who annoy me, not those who support their local team."

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
CPFC have responded.

Some people seem to take it all far too seriously. It's the people walking round Brighton and Croydon in Man Utd shirts who annoy me, not those who support their local team."

Said this many times before myself. The only time the rivalry really matters is for 90 minutes on a matchday, otherwise its just a bit of nonsense to pass the time. Better to live in Croydon & be a real palace fan than live in Sussex & be a Man u/chelsea/liverpool plastic.

Benson

Jan 31, 2012
near water
CPFC have responded.

Brightscum crying over commets! - Page 2 - CPFC BBS

"Oh blimey, only just seen this. Obviously it really was a joke. I can't believe that anyone would take that seriously. You need to have a total sense of humour failure to think that there was anything malicious in it.

I hope I'm not quoted out of context on this somewhere else because, honestly, I would never say anything derogitory about BHAFC. Tony Bloom and his family are genuine fans of the club that they have supported all their lives. I'm full of admiration for what the Blooms have achieved there. I actually don't understand why the Brighton/Palace bitterness persists. Some people seem to take it all far too seriously. It's the people walking round Brighton and Croydon in Man Utd shirts who annoy me, not those who support their local team."

Fair enough, thread closed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here