Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace in more trouble?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Reminds me of a line from Red Dwarf:

" Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign."

givequiche.jpg

You got it. Definetly a Wolfie Smith feel about their efforts so far.

roffeyeagle

Jan 12, 2010
Aite everyone... ain't been on here for a while but had a quick browse on here and some of you are clearly misinformed about the fact we are apparently bending over and taking it... that's something you're more accustomed to :thumbsup:

It's a tricky one, because we don't actually know who we're supposed to be protesting against, but we've begun and campaign in the last 10 days or so against PriceWaterhouseCoopers (the ground's administrators), Lloyds bank (the main creditor from the ground) and also to local MPs, councillors etc. trying to get clarification on our situation.

The council have said that there will not be any residential/business development on Selhurst Park while Crystal Palace exist, in any form. They will only allow development on the site if we have a new ground within the borough of Croydon or near to the borough of Croydon.

We've started the offensive on PWC through an email/letter/petition campaign and we've also received coverage in the Croydon Advertiser, the South London Press and also on BBC London radio and 5 Live. We know that PWC couldn't care less about the club, but they are very publicity aware and they regard themselves as a great ambassador within the game... so we're trying to apply the pressure that way. There's also a protest planned outside their headquarters in central London (this Tuesday being mooted) with local and national press being invited to take pictures etc. The response so far has been pretty standard and non-committal. But at least they are aware that a protest will happen. We are hoping they will want to avoid the negative-publicity and wrath of not just a football club, but the true fans nationwide if have helped to instigate the death of a football club as a result of greed.

Lloyds have offered some lovely soundbites, saying they want to help Palace etc. but they are the main creditors on the ground. The pressure has begun on them as well.

I take great offence to the fact some people have said we are taking no action. That's disrespectful. We have some of the most passionate fans around, and you also fail to mention we raised over a million quid last time we were in administration. Our current situation is complicated in the sense that the whole situation is a massive game of poker, with a well-loved and well-known club dangling in the middle along with its loyal fans.

Dismissing what another Palace fan has said, if we did have a Fans United day, you'd be more than welcome to help out from my point of view. Our rivalry is bitter but at the same time it's part of being a Palace fan. Football as an entity is more important than us or you or any other club. If there is a chance for solidarity, we must all surely take it.

Check out Holmesdale online or the BBS if you want to see our campaigns so far (under the titles 'Putting pressure on PWC' I believe), and perhaps you might even join in. Ta. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It's a tricky one, because we don't actually know who we're supposed to be protesting against,

We've started the offensive on PWC through an email/letter/petition campaign and we've also received coverage in the Croydon Advertiser

:

you dont need our help..... not if you have the Croydon Advertiser :laugh:

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
Originally Posted by Questions View Post
you dont need our help..... not if you have the Croydon Advertiser
life is so f***ing good at the moment. i dont know if it can get any better

Sadly the scumsucking pikeys won't be relegated this time. Wednesday have been too crap, and West Brom don't need to care at palace, so probably won't be putting their backs into teaching them a football lesson.
With 4 points behind, the final day's match will be a worthless exercise.

(PLEASE let me be wrong)

Feb 14, 2010
there is a reason they are called the Nigels. They have a reputation of being sleepy fans. A Brighton campaign with goalposts going home with the fans, fireworks, marches ect ect just wouldn't be palace.

Sadly the scumsucking pikeys won't be relegated this time. Wednesday have been too crap, and West Brom don't need to care at palace, so probably won't be putting their backs into teaching them a football lesson.
With 4 points behind, the final day's match will be a worthless exercise.

(PLEASE let me be wrong)

It'll be nice to be the 1st side to do the double over them tomorrow night as we've already given them a footballing lesson at their place.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Were you born boring or have you worked hard at it?
I don't think he works hard at it at all.He is just plain boring.He fancies himself as some wolfie smith hero.In reality he is just a cock.

Us sleepy? Working class knobhead look at other clubs comments on their websites.Then look at your own fans comments about your lot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here