Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace in more trouble?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
What amazes me is that the Palarse fans have pretty much just taken this ass-f***ing lying down (can you do that?). Why have they not been up in arms, campaigning, raising the issue - giving a f***?

I'd go and support them to stop them losing their ground or going out of business - but no one has asked ffs. Pathetic.

(PS would not go across the road to stop them being relegated however. Come on the other Albion and then SW make one big effort).

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Shut up you cock.
We will be alright and I would rather go to non league and start again than accept help from you lot.

No offence but unlike you we have some pride,

No offence? It's a pity you are such a cock, some of your lot on here are half decent. Run along now son

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am amazed at the utter lack of activity from the fans at Croydon (and Portsmouth)

i think theres a degree of denial, or the idea it will all just blow over. they are looking at the Leicester/Leeds situations and assuming thats what will happen to them.

in the case of Palace i think they are resting on the idea the local council wont change the planning permission for the ground so it cant be used for anything much else, so the owners will have to rent it back to them at reduced rate. in the case of portsmouth, i don think they realise quite how big the debt is and over look that they dont own their ground either, and i dont think thier will be any problem with planning there, so they could very well be in the shit.

i think theres a degree of denial, or the idea it will all just blow over. they are looking at the Leicester/Leeds situations and assuming thats what will happen to them.

in the case of Palace i think they are resting on the idea the local council wont change the planning permission for the ground so it cant be used for anything much else, so the owners will have to rent it back to them at reduced rate. in the case of portsmouth, i don think they realise quite how big the debt is and over look that they dont own their ground either, and i dont think thier will be any problem with planning there, so they could very well be in the shit.

Not true at all.
We all know how dire the situation is and as I posted earlier, fans are organising things.
Not one Palace fan I know will take this lying down.
I've heard that there will be some sort of placard display at Selhurst tomorrow night in order to take advantage of Sky's coverage.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not true at all.
We all know how dire the situation is and as I posted earlier, fans are organising things.
Not one Palace fan I know will take this lying down.
I've heard that there will be some sort of placard display at Selhurst tomorrow night in order to take advantage of Sky's coverage.

A placard display......... phew. That`ll do it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That original post was probably the Palace equivalent of Withdean W.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh you rascal! you know what I mean.
As the saying goes...'every little helps.'
A well know saying to you, I'm sure as it's where you got your shirt design from.

Yes but it applies to us doesn't it ? Of course you're sponsored by Cac, very appropriate right now.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I think a pitch invasion is called for at the very least. Must be worth a 3 point deduction.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I think a pitch invasion is called for at the very least. Must be worth a 3 point deduction.

Good idea. I'd do anything to help. Even if this meant being banned from Selhurst for life :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh you rascal! you know what I mean.
As the saying goes...'every little helps.'
A well know saying to you, I'm sure as it's where you got your shirt design from.

Our pitch invasions secured us another year at the Goldstone - on a lease back deal - when the York City game was abandoned but more importantly got the League properly involved. Waving placards will do zilch I`m afraid SW, you`ll need to become a little more pro-active than that. At the end of the day there may not be anything you can actually do about that company selling Selhurst out from under you but you`ll feel pretty damn silly if you just take it lying down. You never know..................... people might even write books about your brave struggle in years to come.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Attachments

• crayons.jpg
    crayons.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 135

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Want Palarse to keep Smellhurst. Mixed memories of watching Albion there but its a proper football ground.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Reminds me of a line from Red Dwarf:

" Now call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard, and we hit it fast, with a major, and I mean major, leaflet campaign."

givequiche.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here