Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans view on our success and future.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
:QUOTE=leigull;4859341]The funny thing is, this season has been their best for a little while so they should be delighted they've avoided relegation with time to spare. But yet they're all bored of watching them play and criticise Freedman's tactics (despite bbing outraged a few months ago that Poyet beat him to manager of the year) and booed at the end of the game on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

As a palace fan I should be over the moon, We have beaten Man u, Brighton and Millwall away, got to a semi final and ended up safe in March...But by god the football is shocking, between you and me if Freedman wasnt the hero he is to Palace fans he would be booed every game.

But as for the Brighton bigger than Palace bit TBH guys its only the both of us that care! in most football fans eyes we are about the same..I look at PNE as a big club and Blackpool because of their history but those two clubs fan base is poorer than both of ours I look at both Palace and BHA as bigger clubs than Wigan and swansea and they look at us thinking the same thing about there clubs.

But I would like to say well done to plucky little Brighton this season. (I cant be nice all the time):fishing:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did you not go to the game in September? Williams ran the game.

He ran a game in which we utterly stank, with our 2nd-worse performance of the entire season.

I'm not saying Williams / Clyne / Zaha are RUBBISH, they are clearly good players. But I do think you have a vastly inflated opinion of them, and have a tendency to go completely overboard on their real potential. But then it wouldn;t be the first time, would it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There is absolutely no point trying to talk to them, its like banging your head against a brick wall. There is no common ground (or sense) to be had on that site no matter how moderate to attempt to be in your argument. They think we're miles behind them, we think we're edging ahead......lets leave it at that.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
There is absolutely no point trying to talk to them, its like banging your head against a brick wall. There is no common ground (or sense) to be had on that site no matter how moderate to attempt to be in your argument. They think we're miles behind them, we think we're edging ahead......lets leave it at that.

Dont tar us all with the same brush...I will listen, but might not agree and would never be rude ;)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Does it matter?
I love going to the Amex. Every time the video comes on before the game I remember what has been before and the thought of what is to come gives me goosebumps.
First time for a long time that has happened, as I said to my Brother after the first game; we're no longer making up the numbers, we're proper contenders.
If we do struggle next season, season after etc. then that's the way it goes. We have everything needed to succeed and nothing to fear.

THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT, THE FUTURE'S BLUE AND WHITE.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
One of the "joys" of supporting the Albion over the past 60 years is that you could never be certain what the future held. Whilst I feel optimistic about the future more than I ever have, as they say, Footballl is a funny old game. So, I would let the results speak for themselves. rather than make rash forecasts. Pride, fall and all that. Who was it singing between 2pm and 3pm on Saturday "We play it on the Floor" and giving it large to the East End?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dont tar us all with the same brush...I will listen, but might not agree and would never be rude ;)
You seem like a decent fellow on here, but trying to get any sensible discussion going on the BBS is very difficult. Certain palace 'regulars' (and Brighton trolls) on their away end ensure every thread ends up as a willy waving contest. Its a waste of time.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011

We are better at different things.

Your ground has better facilities - Our academy is better. Your food is nice - Our goal keeper is better.

At this second Brighton are doing better then us. I will admit it.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You seem like a decent fellow on here, but trying to get any sensible discussion going on the BBS is very difficult. Certain palace 'regulars' (and Brighton trolls) on their away end ensure every thread ends up as a willy waving contest. Its a waste of time.

I actully prefure going on rivals sites, because if you ever slate our manager or team your told to f*** off and support Chelsea!!

Maybe I moan because I care? not only that I have invested 40 years and £1000s of pounds in that club and I am a football lover and what I am watching is shit football!!

any way back to topic.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Genuinely unbelievable that they think we haven't over-taken them in EVERY department.
Quotes such as "Brighton won't be ahead of us in a million years" and "They will certainly be fighting relegation next season" :ffsparr:

The majority of their fans really are complete dimwits. Fact.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We are undoubtedly now well past them in terms of secure foundation and future potential. They cant compete for one second with the cash generating monster known as The Amex stadium, or the Match Day experience we now offer. Everything we have now is Premier league in terms of infrastrcutre or being developed to be so. We may have the odd blip on the field of play, we may even finish below them next season, but in terms of general club momentum we are light years ahead of them right now.

Their position is, on the other hand, incredibly fragile. Terrible stadium, income nowhere near enough to pay their wage bill, local population really not interested, loads of successful alternative clubs to suppport on their doorstep, over reliance on youth players. Gulp.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Palace fan from BBS:

head-in-sand.png

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
Just having a cheeky read on the Palarse forum. None of them think that we'll over take them in 3/4 years time as the "bigger" club, and they think that this season has been a "lucky" one, and that next season we'll be fighting relegation...some of them actually think we'll be back in League 1 after next season...

I know the place is a shit hole, but surely their IQ cannot be that bad? ???

Are Brighton moving above us??? - CPFC BBS

No worse than some Brighton fans who predicted you'd get promoted and we would be relegated :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here