Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans view on our success and future.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I love the way WE are going to be the ones fighting off relegation next season, whereas they will be pushing for promotion (despite only winning 3 of their last 19 league games/three league games this calendar year).

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i can t wait to get my £25 off a Palace pal, for highest placed, funny though that he wont take the same bet for next season. Maybe he knows something. Wood from the trees, does that phrase work here?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
The fact that they are having such a benny on their forum every time we poke them about the change in the status quo tells everything. We have not registered on there for years other than when we played them. We have gone from forgotten, to hammered at their place and straight back down, to beating them in their own back yard and then disappearing again to full blown terrified of us.

As someone else mentioned we are on a level playing field now. Stuck at Withdean we were the ginger kid with specs on getting a kicking from the nasy fat bullies in the 5th form common room.

Now we are back, ripped, financially powerful and they are still the fat bully with shit skin and no girlfriend. And they are f***ing terrified.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love the way WE are going to be the ones fighting off relegation next season, whereas they will be pushing for promotion (despite only winning 3 of their last 19 league games/three league games this calendar year).

You're forgetting though. This is based largely on the fact that they'll get £10m-£13m for Zaha in the summer. And they'll get the entire transfer fee up front. And it'll ALL be made available for Dougie to go on a wild spending spree to buy them a new team (perfectly sustainable though cos its money generated from their AMAAAAYZING yoof academy innit).

This is the law according to BBS.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
They don't like it when Brighton fans try to discuss the issue, do they? Poor old Reading Seagull now limited to the Away End only because he tried to give an honest opinion. At least Nsc allows them freedom to post on any of our threads until they become abusive. The truth hurts Palace.

Dont agree an away end is a priority. You should "earn" your right to post on the main board but the subject has been done to death.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You don't have to be abusive to be banished to the away end on the BBS, just point out a few uncomfortable home truths. They particularly don't like discussing their clubs thievery. Not. One. Bit.

Hey ho.

Jan 12, 2012
No one knows what will happen next season, you might go up or you might struggle (2nd season sydrome) we might reach the playoffs or we may fight relegation, who can tell? You've done well this season, better then i thought you would do tbh, but next season the expectancy level goes up doesn't it.
By all accounts CMS has been a let down, but i've never been impressed with him when i've seen him play.
Will you spend big next season or carry on with your squad with a few cheaper additions ? Will Gus be tempted to pastures new ? its all guesswork isn't it.
From our perspective, i want 2 up front, a decent winger,and a more attacking mind set, thats not too much to ask is it ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No one knows what will happen next season, you might go up or you might struggle (2nd season sydrome) we might reach the playoffs or we may fight relegation, who can tell? You've done well this season, better then i thought you would do tbh, but next season the expectancy level goes up doesn't it.
By all accounts CMS has been a let down, but i've never been impressed with him when i've seen him play.
Will you spend big next season or carry on with your squad with a few cheaper additions ? Will Gus be tempted to pastures new ? its all guesswork isn't it.
From our perspective, i want 2 up front, a decent winger,and a more attacking mind set, thats not too much to ask is it ?

Indeed, it is all guess work and I can bet no one can predict all the players who will leave and join, let alone inferring from this how the season will go.

But there are many Palace fans predicting a struggle for us next season - wishful thinking being transformed into nailed on certainty. Mass delusion in my book, unless something unforeseeable ( at this moment) happens.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
They will only ever be mediocre and have big ideas above their station. I am hoping they continue the slide down the table and end up just above the drop zone ready for demotion next season.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Here's the thing though - none of this matters until we give them a good gubbing on the pitch. Roll on next season.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
They know the reality of the situation and its starting to hurt.

bustersdad

Banned
Jan 31, 2012
most deluded, shite thread to appear on this forum in the last few months
ok you are gonna finish above us this year....first time in DECADES ....fact
enjoy it while you can because it may never happen again
make the most of your only good season, next year will be hard for you when chimp man leaves for bigger things and your 'new' , sorry 'returning' fans get bored and go back to supporting Liverpool on Sky ( remember how you applauded Gerrard at Anfield when they spanked you) you aint going up, we aint going down, neither are we going broke, get used to it...and to the poster who said you spanked us in our back yard..look at the reults boy. it was Weeds 1 v 3 Palace....remember????

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Both clubs have been let down on the striker front (CMS and Muzza , too few chances in front of goal and not taking them , plus adapting to a higher level) After the debacle on Saturday we will see a clearout of the mediocre players at the end of the season who were given a chance to prove themselves but are not good enough (ability wise , alright for a bottom third Championship/top 6 L1 side). Gus wants to bring in a few players with Premier League experience although this maybe at the expense of selling players who he thinks can be replaced. I think Dougie will be in a similar position as well and to strengthen his squad he will have to sell 2 or 3.

bustersdad

Banned
Jan 31, 2012
The fact that they are having such a benny on their forum every time we poke them about the change in the status quo tells everything. We have not registered on there for years other than when we played them. We have gone from forgotten, to hammered at their place and straight back down, to beating them in their own back yard and then disappearing again to full blown terrified of us.

As someone else mentioned we are on a level playing field now. Stuck at Withdean we were the ginger kid with specs on getting a kicking from the nasy fat bullies in the 5th form common room.

Now we are back, ripped, financially powerful and they are still the fat bully with shit skin and no girlfriend. And they are f***ing terrified.

errrr,beat us in our own back yard ?? remind me what the score was at your place ??

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
errrr,beat us in our own back yard ?? remind me what the score was at your place ??

I think you should actually read the post, work out he is talking about the McShane game, and then our subsequent relegation. After you have done that you can go back to your own board and try to find the positives in three wins this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here