Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans on here / away end [merged]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Is it okay for us to treat them like shit and randomly abuse them without provocation?

I reported a couple of posts from a Brighton fan abusing a Palace fan (apparently he was anyway) in what seemed like an unprovoked attack. I thought it crossed the line of 'banter' (I know how we love that word) and was completely necessary abuse of someone i was involved in a conversation with. Anyway I was soundly shouted down and told it was outrageous to report a fellow Brighton fan when said abuse was aimed at a Palace fan. Even got a nice little PM inquiring as to whether I am Palace or Brighton and suggesting I didn't have the best day on here because of it.

I thought the tribal bollocks was a bit pathetic really but wonder what the consensus of opinion on here was.

So do Palace fans engaged in conversation and not trolling deserve the dame respect as Brighton fans on here? or do they fall outside the normal realms of decency?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The prob is there are a few who will talk normally but there are also a large number who will constantly spout shite, normally blinkered by red and blue (yes I know the colours don't go together) glasses. There are some decent enough posters but then there's also one called Glenn Murray for example. It is a message board mainly for the use of BHA fans so it can get quite tiresome. As i said the other day it's the 'beyond enemy lines' mentality that cause posters like Glenn Murray to go OTT and spout all sorts of nonsense about how great Palace are. I'd rather see an away end forum myself, esp when they post on threads that are soley to do with BHA...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Palace Fans on here

It's the ones who give the shit that get the shit, there's a minority of them lot ok here that aren't delusional and are treated fine.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
What about mocking someone for their political views Badfish? Is that okay? Teaming up on people isn't nice Badfish, it's nice to see you care so much.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The prob is there are a few who will talk normally but there are also a large number who will constantly spout shite, normally blinkered by red and blue (yes I know the colours don't go together) glasses. There are some decent enough posters but then there's also one called Glenn Murray for example. It is a message board mainly for the use of BHA fans so it can get quite tiresome. As i said the other day it's the 'beyond enemy lines' mentality that cause posters like Glenn Murray to go OTT and spout all sorts of nonsense about how great Palace are. I'd rather see an away end forum myself, esp when they post on threads that are soley to do with BHA...

I agree with your point, but this fella was posting on thread unrelated to football Palace or Brighton and came across as a reasonably sound fella being well mannered and decent. Maybe I missed something on another thread but the abuse just seemed to come out of the blue.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What about mocking someone for their political views Badfish? Is that okay? Teaming up on people isn't nice Badfish, it's nice to see you care so much.

You get abuse because you are a wind up merchant and you get off on it ......Not because you are a Palace fan

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Nothing wrong with being a palace fan on here and having a proper discussion, about anything. Even if they don't like the albion.

However, there's a small handful who are just arrogant, deluded tools, who ruin discussions, and try to take the joy out of anything positive about the albion - questioning Tony's motives, slagging off a stadium which has won awards for design ( best new stadium in the world for example ), etc, etc. These posters deserve all the abuse they get, and to be brutally honest this board would be way better without them.

The problem is not having the palace fans on here, it's that one or two should have been weeded out and unfortunately, as of now, haven't been.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I agree with your point, but this fella was posting on thread unrelated to football Palace or Brighton and came across as a reasonably sound fella being well mannered and decent. Maybe I missed something on another thread but the abuse just seemed to come out of the blue.

Then, assuming he's not been abusive or delusional on another thread, I agree whoever abused him was out of order. However I did once post on the BBS (on an ashes thread believe it or not) and got all sorts of vile shite because I had 'BHAFC' in my username. My post was about our national cricket team. Nobody seemed to do anything over there...

Quite a nice and poignant moment for me was when one of the Palace lot on here posted on a very serious thread from a BHA fan who was going through a tough time. They were humane about the whole thing and offered help. That is something that I think many on here appreciated. Even tho I think his username was [MENTION=26234]Eaglesdestroyseagulls[/MENTION] :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing wrong with being a palace fan on here and having a proper discussion.

However, there's a small handful who are just arrogant, deluded tools, who ruin discussions and try to take the joy out of anything positive about the albion - questioning Tony's motives, slagging off a stadium which has won awards for design ( best new stadium in the world for example ). These posters deserve all the abuse they get, and to be brutally honest this board would be way better without them.

The problem is not having the palace fans on here, it's that one or two should have been weeded out and unfortunately, as of now, haven't been.

Spot on mate. Every one of them knows deep down how AMAZING the AMEX is too. They just put on a front.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
You get abuse because you are a wind up merchant and you get off on it ......Not because you are a Palace fan

Okay, and how do you prove that? This thread says it all about you Badfish.
You can happily sit there constantly reminding me that i have mental disabilities or I need to 'go out' based on your small knowledge of me but when someone mocks someone else for being a Palace fan, then it's wrong!?
Badfish, why did you and Pastafaarian spend a whole night and morning responding to my every post? why couldn't one of you just type the abuse?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Then, assuming he's not been abusive or delusional on another thread, I agree whoever abused him was out of order. However I did once post on the BBS (on an ashes thread believe it or not) and got all sorts of vile shite because I had 'BHAFC' in my username. My post was about our national cricket team. Nobody seemed to do anything over there...

Quite a nice and poignant moment for me was when one of the Palace lot on here posted on a very serious thread from a BHA fan who was going through a tough time. They were humane about the whole thing and offered help. That is something that I think many on here appreciated. Even tho I think his username was [MENTION=26234]Eaglesdestroyseagulls[/MENTION] :lol:

I felt the same about that thread. there are a few decent Palace Posters on this board and to be honest I didn't even realise the fella was a Palace fan until the abuse.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

And do you deem that fair too?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Okay, and how do you prove that? This thread says it all about you Badfish.
You can happily sit there constantly reminding me that i have mental disabilities or I need to 'go out' based on your small knowledge of me but when someone mocks someone else for being a Palace fan, then it's wrong!?
Badfish, why did you and Pastafaarian spend a whole night and morning responding to my every post? why couldn't one of you just type the abuse?

Same reason as you kept responding to each one of mine I would suggest (not to mention your motives for replying to this thread). Except your reason also included to continuation of the elaborate wind up you are playing on this board.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Same reason as you kept responding to each one of mine I would suggest (not to mention your motives for replying to this thread). Except your reason also included to continuation of the elaborate wind up you are playing on this board.

Really? do you want me to put the thread up on here to remind you? I'm sure you and pastafarian were ridiculing me on a thread because I didn't post any conspiracies?
Now what was your beef with the palace fans and abuse again?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Titanic will protect his palace chums. Dont you worry about that.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Really? do you want me to put the thread up on here to remind you? I'm sure you and pastafarian were ridiculing me on a thread because I didn't post any conspiracies?
Now what was your beef with the palace fans and abuse again?

You gave as good as you got as I remember

Now do you need a hug to help you get over it?

I can show you how to use the report button if you think I was out of order.

Now can I please go back to ignoring your rather tiresome spoof wind up character please?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We need a vote for an away end [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] to keep them in their place. Why do they have to comment on the match day thread for instances. I told Glenn-Murray to get off it when we played hull and i got told by fellow Alboin fans to leave him alone. Whats that about?

You say one word out of place on their binfest of a forum and you get a ban.

We need a vote for an away end [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] to keep them in their place. Why do they have to comment on the match day thread for instances. I told Glenn-Murray to get off it when we played hull and i got told by fellow Alboin fans to leave him alone. Whats that about?

You say one word out of place on their binfest of a forum and you get a ban.

We've had one, started by Bozza who then ignored that the majority wanted one.

But it is his site so I guess he can do what he wants with it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
There are some good Palace posters on here. Its quite refreshing to get insight from people looking in from the outside, and to be fair the average Palace fan will know more about what goes on at Brighton than a fan from other random teams......BUT unfortunately these good posters are massively outnumbered by wind up merchants who actually detract from the debate and make NSC a worse place.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Palace Fans on here

We've had one, started by Bozza who then ignored that the majority wanted one.

But it is his site so I guess he can do what he wants with it.

It became clear that in that poll there were about 10 different interpretations of what people thought an 'away end' meant. Coupled with the result, which was marginal, I didn't believe a radical change to NSC's winning formula was merited.

I laid out how it works in the recent 'warning' thread which was a sticky for a week or two. If you didn't read it, I suggest you find it.

Essentially there will be 'away threads' where Albion v Palace bickering can take place, everywhere else is off limits. If Palace fans pollute Albion threads with provocative trolly comments they will get post bannings. If they start provocative threads they will be banned.

So, the instruction is clear, if you see such posts simply report them and let mods do their job. If you respond with abuse you put yourself at risk of a ban too.

I saw 2 examples on Saturday night and banned the Palace fans immediately.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here