Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans on here / away end [merged]

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I've never had a problem with constructive debate with Palace fans and, no, I don't think unjustified abuse is acceptable. Personal and threatening abuse should be stamped out quickly on both sides.
This, easily as much crap gets posted by Albion fans as Palace fans on this site IMO so segregation would seem to be pretty pointless and would spoil the dynamic of the forum too imo.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Is it okay for us to treat them like shit and randomly abuse them without provocation?

I reported a couple of posts from a Brighton fan abusing a Palace fan (apparently he was anyway) in what seemed like an unprovoked attack. I thought it crossed the line of 'banter' (I know how we love that word) and was completely necessary abuse of someone i was involved in a conversation with. Anyway I was soundly shouted down and told it was outrageous to report a fellow Brighton fan when said abuse was aimed at a Palace fan. Even got a nice little PM inquiring as to whether I am Palace or Brighton and suggesting I didn't have the best day on here because of it.

I thought the tribal bollocks was a bit pathetic really but wonder what the consensus of opinion on here was.

So do Palace fans engaged in conversation and not trolling deserve the dame respect as Brighton fans on here? or do they fall outside the normal realms of decency?

Totally! They are scum, what else is the point of them being allowed on here?

No different to starting on them whenever we saw them back in the day.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
My 2 cents, if anyone gives a shit is:

1) idiots are idiots regardless who they support
2) I like this site - it's well designed and user friendly
3) I love the entertainment of sparring with the rivals
4) I won't comment on any thread that isn't about Palace or a palace player - I think that's just the way it should be
5) banter is what it's all about - sometimes it can get a bit abusive but we're all big boys aren't we and you have the great 'ignore user' function, but most importantly...
6) this is the Internet full of all kinds of people - you cannot possibly take it seriously !!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
So, Brighton fans wishing to discuss Palace should be in an away FANS end? How does that work?

Bore off.

your the mod enlighten me ? so your not bored of the constant drivel,must be certain bha fans eh

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

4) I won't comment on any thread that isn't about Palace or a palace player - I think that's just the way it should be
5) banter is what it's all about - sometimes it can get a bit abusive but we're all big boys aren't we and you have the great 'ignore user' function, but most importantly...
6) this is the Internet full of all kinds of people - you cannot possibly take it seriously !!

It's a pity that quite a few dont stick to point 4 ..otherwise I've no problem ..we spend enough time squabbling with ourselves as it is

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Totally! They are scum, what else is the point of them being allowed on here?

No different to starting on them whenever we saw them back in the day.

Are you 12? Haven't heard that phrase in years.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
your the mod enlighten me ? so your not bored of the constant drivel,must be certain bha fans eh

I'm not, because I skip over it. Most of the threads where it's going to happen are ultra-obvious, so I don't open them.

It's a pity that quite a few dont stick to point 4 ..otherwise I've no problem ..we spend enough time squabbling with ourselves as it is

I will be treating quite harshly those who ignore this, which is a key part of the 'warning' thread I posted.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The problem is all the time people are posting threads which are JUST about Palace, there's cause for them to hang around. I have nothing against Palace fans in general, although I think a lot of them come across quite badly on here for obvious reasons. I think there are plenty of posters whose only interest in Brighton and Hove Albion is hating Crystal Palace, and there are certain posters on here who seem to only be here for threads about Palace. So who is suprised there's a growing contingent of their people to defend the constant (and often pathetic) slaggings they're getting on here.

Far too many threads are wasted by a mention of Zaha, or Murray or whoever else. :nono:

There is a great lack of quality threadage at the moment. We need someone to have a "friend" of need of some outrageous and funny advice. :dunce:

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
The problem is all the time people are posting threads which are JUST about Palace, there's cause for them to hang around. I have nothing against Palace fans in general, although I think a lot of them come across quite badly on here for obvious reasons. I think there are plenty of posters whose only interest in Brighton and Hove Albion is hating Crystal Palace, and there are certain posters on here who seem to only be here for threads about Palace. So who is suprised there's a growing contingent of their people to defend the constant (and often pathetic) slaggings they're getting on here.

Far too many threads are wasted by a mention of Zaha, or Murray or whoever else. :nono:

There is a great lack of quality threadage at the moment. We need someone to have a "friend" of need of some outrageous and funny advice. :dunce:

I was going to start a thread about "Lady Gardens"....................

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

A sensible post , things always get frenetic on here about a month before a Brighton v Palace game. We all suffer from PMT (pre match tension)

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
do what your mum told you. ignore them and they will go away.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
A sensible post , things always get frenetic on here about a month before a Brighton v Palace game. We all suffer from PMT (pre match tension)

Ha ha - true that. You boys really need that win dont you, another loss and it will be meltdown on here. Probably be a draw...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ha ha - true that. You boys really need that win dont you, another loss and it will be meltdown on here. Probably be a draw...

Meltdown ? That happens at least twice a week on NSC :lolol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Indeed. Another loss and this board will implode. I bet on at least 5 Gus In/Out polls within the week :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

If we lose this time then I'm outta here for a while. Probably be more Palace than Brighton on this board if you lot win :lolol:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
keep-calm-girls-just-wanna-have-fun-4.png

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
It fascinates me the amount of Palace on here, it's a BRIGHTON forum? I'd rather slit my own throat than register to a palace forum! Unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here