Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans on here / away end [merged]

Camicus

Meh there are some right idiots on this board and I block palace on principle Im not actualy intrested in anything they have to say. Saying that my ignore list is getting longer so prehaps its just idiots like the truth I object to

It became clear that in that poll there were about 10 different interpretations of what people thought an 'away end' meant. Coupled with the result, which was marginal, I didn't believe a radical change to NSC's winning formula was merited.

I laid out how it works in the recent 'warning' thread which was a sticky for a week or two. If you didn't read it, I suggest you find it.

Essentially there will be 'away threads' where Albion v Palace bickering can take place, everywhere else is off limits. If Palace fans pollute Albion threads with provocative trolly comments they will get post bannings. If they start provocative threads they will be banned.

So, the instruction is clear, if you see such posts simply report them and let mods do their job. If you respond with abuse you put yourself at risk of a ban too.

I saw 2 examples on Saturday night and banned the Palace fans immediately.

I read it and understood it and have abstained from hurling abuse at them since. Even though EVERY bit of abuse is copied from their own site hurled at us.

As I said, it's your site to do with as you will.

Camicus

It became clear that in that poll there were about 10 different interpretations of what people thought an 'away end' meant. Coupled with the result, which was marginal, I didn't believe a radical change to NSC's winning formula was merited.

I laid out how it works in the recent 'warning' thread which was a sticky for a week or two. If you didn't read it, I suggest you find it.

Essentially there will be 'away threads' where Albion v Palace bickering can take place, everywhere else is off limits. If Palace fans pollute Albion threads with provocative trolly comments they will get post bannings. If they start provocative threads they will be banned.

So, the instruction is clear, if you see such posts simply report them and let mods do their job. If you respond with abuse you put yourself at risk of a ban too.

Well said :clap:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I've never had a problem with constructive debate with Palace fans and, no, I don't think unjustified abuse is acceptable. Personal and threatening abuse should be stamped out quickly on both sides.

That said, there seems to be almost as many Palace fans as Brighton ones on here at the moment which is what I find most disturbing... Don't they have their own forums?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally i dont mind them providing they dont muck up a thread that is specific to BHA...the obviously should join in CP ones and general topics....the silly ones ive put on ignore anyway which doesnt leave many

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I've never had a problem with constructive debate with Palace fans and, no, I don't think unjustified abuse is acceptable. Personal and threatening abuse should be stamped out quickly on both sides.

That said, there seems to be almost as many Palace fans as Brighton ones on here at the moment which is what I find most disturbing... Don't they have their own forums?

That is because this is a very good football forum. also its good to read what is being said about our team and read other fans views, and lets face it no one is going to give a more honest view of Palace than a fan of BHA!

I would like to add that most Palace fans look at the AMEX with a hint of green in thier eyes..I live in sussex and pass the ground a lot, and a fine looking ground you have (not so impressed with the inside but that is still work in progress) but many of us like out ground as well, even though it could do with a "lick" of paint, so we will defend it in all its rusting,wooden glory.

For me, I like the banter and would much prefure chatting to a Brighton fan over a pint than a surrey red or Chelsea fan....but to beat you is everything.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I can show you how to use the report button if you think I was out of order.

No thanks, It doesn't bother me like it does you hence the thread, and anyway, God knows why you actually need to start threads on this when you are so experienced with the report button!?

Who would of guessed you were a primary school teacher? Tell the teacher when you're getting bullied Badfish, it always works.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

Couldn't have put it better myself. I can only think that they find NSC much better and more informed than any of their forums.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Turns out he wasn't a Palace fan after all :whistle:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

only because they won 4-1 at the weekend it's been very quite lately but from 5pm onwards on Saturday NSC was full of palace vermin

- - - Updated - - -

only because they won 4-1 at the weekend it's been very quite lately but from 5pm onwards on Saturday NSC was full of palace vermin

- - - Updated - - -

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Turns out he wasn't a Palace fan after all :whistle:

teacher.jpg

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
No thanks, It doesn't bother me like it does you hence the thread, and anyway, God knows why you actually need to start threads on this when you are so experienced with the report button!?

Who would of guessed you were a primary school teacher? Tell the teacher when you're getting bullied Badfish, it always works.

Given your many post on this thread it's fairly clear it does, either do something about it or shut up. Your whining is tedious.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Then, assuming he's not been abusive or delusional on another thread, I agree whoever abused him was out of order. However I did once post on the BBS (on an ashes thread believe it or not) and got all sorts of vile shite because I had 'BHAFC' in my username. My post was about our national cricket team. Nobody seemed to do anything over there...

Quite a nice and poignant moment for me was when one of the Palace lot on here posted on a very serious thread from a BHA fan who was going through a tough time. They were humane about the whole thing and offered help. That is something that I think many on here appreciated. Even tho I think his username was [MENTION=26234]Eaglesdestroyseagulls[/MENTION] :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on mate. Every one of them knows deep down how AMAZING the AMEX is too. They just put on a front.

Indeed. There are a few absolute class A idiots and a few okay sorts who can contribute even if they are sometimes irritating and deluded. I only get pissed off when they start anti-Albion threads (cannot for the life of me see why we allow that) or hi-jack a thread that is nothing to do with our rivalry.

- - - Updated - - -

Then, assuming he's not been abusive or delusional on another thread, I agree whoever abused him was out of order. However I did once post on the BBS (on an ashes thread believe it or not) and got all sorts of vile shite because I had 'BHAFC' in my username. My post was about our national cricket team. Nobody seemed to do anything over there...

Quite a nice and poignant moment for me was when one of the Palace lot on here posted on a very serious thread from a BHA fan who was going through a tough time. They were humane about the whole thing and offered help. That is something that I think many on here appreciated. Even tho I think his username was [MENTION=26234]Eaglesdestroyseagulls[/MENTION] :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Spot on mate. Every one of them knows deep down how AMAZING the AMEX is too. They just put on a front.

Indeed. There are a few absolute class A idiots and a few okay sorts who can contribute even if they are sometimes irritating and deluded. I only get pissed off when they start anti-Albion threads (cannot for the life of me see why we allow that) or hi-jack a thread that is nothing to do with our rivalry.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: Palace Fans on here

This is great. Any chance of giving these threads an [AwayEnd] tag to help filter them out if required.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Given your many post on this thread it's fairly clear it does, either do something about it or shut up. Your whining is tedious.

Slightly hypocritical post. And anyway, telling someone to 'shut up' via a keyboard doesn't show a lot of logic to be fair. For all you know, I may of been crazy enough to super glue my mouth together twice and then followed by a thick layer of cement to make sure of the job in shutting up my gob. But sadly still someone like you would tell me to shut up!? I maybe the one with cement and 2 tubes of super glue in my mouth at the moment, but it's you who's telling me to 'shut up'?
Mad world!?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Slightly hypocritical post. And anyway, telling someone to 'shut up' via a keyboard doesn't show a lot of logic to be fair. For all you know, I may of been crazy enough to super glue my mouth together twice and then followed by a thick layer of cement to make sure of the job in shutting up my gob. But sadly still someone like you would tell me to shut up!? I maybe the one with cement and 2 tubes of super glue in my mouth at the moment, but it's you who's telling me to 'shut up'?
Mad world!?

If you'd done that I doubt you'd be typing here now. Nor do I believe anyone on NSC would do that.

What are your thoughts on the term 'Zip it'?

Or 'Put a sock in it'

Or 'Talking out of your arsehole'

- - - Updated - - -

Mad world!?

My post is in relation to you posting most of the posts in this thread.

If you'd done that I doubt you'd be typing here now. Nor do I believe anyone on NSC would do that. Beside your typing to me not talking so I'm unsure what cement and glue in your mouth would achieve.

What are your thoughts on the term 'Zip it'?

Or 'Put a sock in it'

Or 'Talking out of your arsehole'

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Is it okay for us to treat them like shit and randomly abuse them without provocation?

I reported a couple of posts from a Brighton fan abusing a Palace fan (apparently he was anyway) in what seemed like an unprovoked attack. I thought it crossed the line of 'banter' (I know how we love that word) and was completely necessary abuse of someone i was involved in a conversation with. Anyway I was soundly shouted down and told it was outrageous to report a fellow Brighton fan when said abuse was aimed at a Palace fan. Even got a nice little PM inquiring as to whether I am Palace or Brighton and suggesting I didn't have the best day on here because of it.

I thought the tribal bollocks was a bit pathetic really but wonder what the consensus of opinion on here was.

So do Palace fans engaged in conversation and not trolling deserve the dame respect as Brighton fans on here? or do they fall outside the normal realms of decency?

On a general Football forum, engage with whomever you like at whatever level of "banter" you feel is appropriate. But Palace fans coming on a Brighton website should be abused mercilessly (and visa versa I hasten to add). If you don't like being eaten by lions, don't walk into a Lion's den!

Jan 30, 2008
Is it okay for us to treat them like shit and randomly abuse them without provocation?

I reported a couple of posts from a Brighton fan abusing a Palace fan (apparently he was anyway) in what seemed like an unprovoked attack. I thought it crossed the line of 'banter' (I know how we love that word) and was completely necessary abuse of someone i was involved in a conversation with. Anyway I was soundly shouted down and told it was outrageous to report a fellow Brighton fan when said abuse was aimed at a Palace fan. Even got a nice little PM inquiring as to whether I am Palace or Brighton and suggesting I didn't have the best day on here because of it.

I thought the tribal bollocks was a bit pathetic really but wonder what the consensus of opinion on here was.

So do Palace fans engaged in conversation and not trolling deserve the dame respect as Brighton fans on here? or do they fall outside the normal realms of decency?
i can see why you f***ed off to OZ , is the "grass" greener on the other side of the fence there ???

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
why no away fans area?on here BOZZA

it seems every bloody 3rd thread is about palace,can we not have a area just for these?
or am i the only one getting fed up with the same shite,different day threads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here