Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fans' Goal Music Embarrassment - Read All About It!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No not exactly. just wanted to put you lot firmly back in your place 'once again'.

So you come here accusing us of being plastic 5 mins after admitting there was a Fulham fan as well as the two visible man utd fans in the Cantona picture of 12 supporters in your members stand in the other thread? Who gift wrapped you and sent you to us?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
How is taking the piss out of idiots plastic? What are you talking about?

'So when did Brighton become a city' doesn't understand irony and humor even when it was pointed out in my post that that was what prompted our name change. As you say 'taking the piss'. It's all lost on him.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
goal music and fans turning up for big games seems pretty plastic to me

i can't quite think of a club that it applies to though......it must be us.....we're "plastic" after all.....

They are so plastic, they'll probably melt when next try to burn down their town.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I like the 3/400 little twats in their black hoodies throwing paper balls at players !!!
If they aren't an embarrassment to Palarse I don't know what is !!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He hasn't a clue what he's talking about now Trig. Sad stupid moronic Palace boy. But by christ he's given us some entertainment tonight. And no Croydon chums to back him up as they've 'distanced' themselves from him.
In fairness to them, all clubs have a few idiots. I seem to remember a few here that let the side down, but I haven't seen much for us to be embarrassed about lately.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
i forget it must be all new to you lot, just remind me are palace still the team you hate most or have you changed your minds again this week?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
i forget it must be all new to you lot, just remind me are palace still the team you hate most or have you changed your minds again this week?

What?

Edit: I get it. A fan of the most plastic club in England (goal music, Groupon vouchers, call-and-response announcers, the Arthur Waite Massive) is accusing another set of fans of being plastic. Insecurities like that you just couldn't make up.

What a twat.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You are aware that completely NEW fans of BHA make up about 5% of the attendance at the Amex, yes?

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
What?

Edit: I get it. A fan of the most plastic club in England (goal music, Groupon vouchers, call-and-response announcers, the Arthur Waite Massive) is accusing another set of fans of being plastic. Insecurities like that you just couldn't make up.

What a twat.
nice too see you now use the word plastic, just repeating what people have called you (i.e plastic) is a bit childish is it not?

poor banter be original

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As we all know, our average gate was far higher than theirs - 20,029 compared to just 15,219

But the median gate figures tell the true story here. For those that don't know, the median gate is the middle gate when all gates are lined up in order of size, so will tell you the crowd to expect if you were at a "typical" game. Our median gate is 20,223, which is actually higher than the mean average, but ultimately very similar. A standard deviation would prove the point better, but it is true to say that our gates hardly varied all season.

Anyway, it is amusing to see Palace's median gate is just 14,766. Not only is this MILES less than ours, but is also significantly below their mean average gate, to the tune of 500 people. In other words, you'd only expect to see 14,766 at a run of the mill Palace game, and the average is only pulled up to something approaching respectability by the large number of plastic Billy Big Game types in their ranks and the abilility to accommodate thousands of away fans.

Oct 25, 2003
nice too see you now use the word plastic, just repeating what people have called you (i.e plastic) is a bit childish is it not?

poor banter be original

no, it's not childish......we just find it funny that it was your lot that came up with all this "plastic" bullshit, and going by the definitions that YOUR LOT created, palace are very plastic themselves........dare I say it, more than we are

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As we all know, our average gate was far higher than theirs - 20,029 compared to just 15,219
No, that's our average gate against their tickets sold/given away, not their actual attendances which would be below 14k.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

But the median gate figures tell the true story here. For those that don't know, the median gate is the middle gate when all gates are lined up in order of size, so will tell you the crowd to expect if you were at a "typical" game. Our median gate is 20,223, which is actually higher than the mean average, but ultimately very similar. A standard deviation would prove the point better, but it is true to say that our gates hardly varied all season.

Anyway, it is amusing to see Palace's median gate is just 14,766. Not only is this MILES less than ours, but is also significantly below their mean average gate, to the tune of 500 people. In other words, you'd only expect to see 14,766 at a run of the mill Palace game, and the average is only pulled up to something approaching respectability by the large number of plastic Billy Big Game types in their ranks and the ability to accommodate thousands of away fans.

Excellent work Simster. Sadly I think it will be lost on our Palace chums, they didn't cover means and medians at Key Stage 1. :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here