Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fans' Goal Music Embarrassment - Read All About It!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
i have raised this question before, funnily enough it went unanswered

a sizable proportion of their fans only turn up for "big" games, yet we have "plastic" fans

utter madness

Hypocrisy and double standards I think would be a reasonable term.

If by some miracle they get promoted to the Prem and find their gates up by 10,000 again, every single one of them will somehow be construed as a "die hard".

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
"And the goalscorer of palaces 5th and hat trick goal is Andy Johnson, Andy? Joooohhhnnnssooonn !" let the music play :rave:

It was trumpeted on BBS that their highest attendance last season beat our highest attendance last season.

Really ? How do they know that ? or are they counting non attending season ticket holders as present ? If so, shirley that would be cheating when drawing a comparison to others.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"And the goalscorer of palaces 5th and hat trick goal is Andy Johnson, Andy? Joooohhhnnnssooonn !" let the music play :rave:

I preferred it when your hatstand of an announcer launched enthusiastically into the whole Glad All Over/ ANDY??? routine only to completely embarrass himself by discovering the goal had been disallowed (perhaps there was a pillar blocking his view of the Selhurst pitch?).

Although to be fair, that was just about our only moment of fun that entire afternoon :lolol:

Anyway. Back to the question at hand. Are you defending the blight on football that is goal music? No club that plays it ever, EVER has the right to call us plastic.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Come August they'll have the "countdown to kickoff" there as well.

You mark my words.

Easy: I truly, truly hope so. They'll deny it now, but embrace it as evidence of their hardcore fan status when it happens.

Though one would assume the countdown would be from five, as opposed to ten. Ten might cause a few of the hardcore to embarrass themselves even further.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Why not get fatboy slim to do a upbeat /remix of " good olde Sussex by the sea " . Now that would be a chuuuunnneee and half and would surely get the Amex rocking .:O:smokin::rock:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why not get fatboy slim to do a upbeat /remix of " good olde Sussex by the sea " . Now that would be a chuuuunnneee and half and would surely get the Amex rocking .:O:smokin::rock:

Seriously. There is no distracting from the issue here. Palace play goal music. And at least half of your fans are in favour of it. Just think about that.

N O D D Y.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
1. Goal music.
2. Call and response with the announcer.
3. Half time bird show.

Doesn't really add up to their self-proclaimed "traditional, hardcore fans" image does it?

Although I agree with the goal music, I can remember bird shows , bands and cheerleaders where all quite common back in the 70s.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I preferred it when your hatstand of an announcer launched enthusiastically into the whole Glad All Over/ ANDY??? routine only to completely embarrass himself by discovering the goal had been disallowed (perhaps there was a pillar blocking his view of the Selhurst pitch?).

Although to be fair, that was just about our only moment of fun that entire afternoon :lolol:

Anyway. Back to the question at hand. Are you defending the blight on football that is goal music? No club that plays it ever, EVER has the right to call us plastic.

To be fair to the announcer he had a very busy afternoon with all the starting and stopping of goal music , he was bound to make a mistake . He's only human and in all the excitement I hardly noticed it . He made ammends at full time when he announced the bars had been re stocked !:cheers:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If Palarse supporters can't muster up a bit of excitement and noise when they've just scored a goal, then heaven help them.

They can keep their goal music. Give me 22,000 Albion fans screaming their heads off any day of the week.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Isn't there another team that plays glad all over when they score?.Could've sworn i nearly threw up while watching a game last season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
we don't have goal music.......i'm struggling to see what point you're trying to make

The point I'm making is usually you follow our lead on most things so it's only a matter of time before you start blasting out " gosbts " at full tempo and at full speed when you score ( even CMS )

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The point I'm making is usually you follow our lead on most things so it's only a matter of time before you start blasting out " gosbts " at full tempo and at full speed when you score ( even CMS )

Please do tell just how we follow your lead.......

You changed from glaziers to eagles, we changed from dolphins to seagulls.

You play in a shithole, we did but now play in the best new sports venue in the world :shrug:

Last edited:

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
So currently 119 say get rid but 109 say keep it - really almost half LIKE goal music, bet they love the England band as well, why do so many Brits want to live like Americans

I would have said that was a poll of ALL their supporters but I think most have voted twice!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Sociologists state that in times of hardship it is natural human behaviour to cling to special memories from the past, be it a piece of music, a smell(appropriate for the scum) or maybe even a sporting achievement, in order to induce a false sense of well-being.

Carry on living in the past because, after all , your shit and you know you are......and always will be.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
:bowdown::bowdown:
Unreal that they are almost 50/50 on that poll. It just shows they have a catastrophic number of dribbling, slack-jawed, lobotomised DULLARDS inhabiting the tragic delapidated griefhole that is Selhurst.

Goal music is the most cringeworthy, two-bob piece of shite you could ever offer up after the ball has hit the net. But still, they even managed to top that, with the announcer calling out the goalscorers first name, to be followed by the crowd shrieking out his surname.

Woeful. Simply woeful.

:facepalm:
simply the best quote on nsc :thumbsup::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Will not steal another clubs song that's for sure...you rip off St Pauli with the 'We love you song' then when other teams use it you complain that they're nicking your song...it's bad that you can't make enough noise when you score that you have to have tinpot music to liven up the atmosphere!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here