Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fans' Goal Music Embarrassment - Read All About It!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Calling them a Mickey Mouse club would be an insult to said rodent.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Quote Tony Montana on BBS "Get rid of all after goal music, that includes Gao, keep the crowd interaction shouting the goal scores name. It would then be good for the crowd, with no prompt, to have their arms waving in the air before breaking into we love you. It's the one time the whole crowd sing as one, let's not drown it out with music."

Thought we were meant to be the Gay ones.

That whole comment is cringeworthy IMO

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Completely agree with this post:

"Get rid.

The pause as people stop cheering and wait to clap along is cringeworthy"

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
This is the most interesting post on that thread

Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

would that be too much to ask for?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is the most interesting post on that thread

Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

would that be too much to ask for?

If it wasnt so tragic on the businesses that would lose out it would be delicious. It cant be true though as they can sell Zahaha for a billion dollars after all.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Let them keep the goal music , its not as if it is going to be used on a regular basis.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
If it wasnt so tragic on the businesses that would lose out it would be delicious. It cant be true though as they can sell Zahaha for a billion dollars after all.

it would guarantee their relegation before a ball was kicked.... damn I forgot about their fantastic owners/chairman/academy/players/support they'd never get relegated with all of that spurring them on............delusional wankers

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Except it doesn't work like that, of course. If it happened,(it won't) they'd go into admin, write off the debts, reform, and THEN sell Zaha for millions.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was trumpeted on BBS that their highest attendance last season beat our highest attendance last season.

Being as they slummed around all season with an average of about 15k, it was pointed out that this indicated they have a fair number of plastics and fairweathers of their own who only venture along once in a blue moon for a big game, then f*** off again for the rest of the season.

This point was ignored in favour of abuse.

Quelle surprise.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was trumpeted on BBS that their highest attendance last season beat our highest attendance last season.

Was that the one with 6,000 West Ham fans, or the one with 8,000 Southampton fans?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Was that the one with 6,000 West Ham fans, or the one with 8,000 Southampton fans?

In fairness though, as their season was over by January, weren't they just playing their "amazing kids" by then ? You can't expect the home fans to turn out in numbers just to see that.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Funny how if we talk about billionaire chairmen, the second best player in the world, plastic fans, 35 yrs in the top two divs etc etc .... our palace posters turn up in droves. A post on goal celebration music and alls quiet on the croydon front.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if when they redevelop the stands at Selhurst :bla: they will do what some other U.S. stadium designers have done and put in random coloured seating to give the effect that the stadiums are full when viewed on tv when actually they are half empty.
To be fair though to the Scum fans that said our season sales would not stay at 18k for long, they were right on that count were they not. Approaching 23k now is it ?
Tossers.

Oct 25, 2003

Being as they slummed around all season with an average of about 15k, it was pointed out that this indicated they have a fair number of plastics and fairweathers of their own who only venture along once in a blue moon for a big game, then f*** off again for the rest of the season.

This point was ignored in favour of abuse.

Quelle surprise.

i have raised this question before, funnily enough it went unanswered

a sizable proportion of their fans only turn up for "big" games, yet we have "plastic" fans

utter madness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here