Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fans' Goal Music Embarrassment - Read All About It!

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Please do tell just how we follow your lead.......

You changed from glaziers to eagles, we changed from dolphins to seagulls.

You play in a shithole, we did but now play in the best new sports venue in the world :shrug:

May i add that we see thousands of seagulls here but how many many eagles do we see flying around croydon.

f***ing stupid name as they've no bird of prey buzzing around.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
So that's agreed, then. Goal music is totally, irredeemably plastic.

Whatever next for poor old Palace, eh? How about a Simon Jordan lookalike on the pitch, trying to get the 'crowd' to sing along to 'Hey Jude' and 'Vindaloo?

Oh.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Don't know why they don't just rename themselves from Crystal Palace to Plastic Palace.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The point I'm making is usually you follow our lead on most things so it's only a matter of time before you start blasting out " gosbts " at full tempo and at full speed when you score ( even CMS )

Disappointingly for you, that won't happen. Before the stadium was finished, we were extremely vocal in our opposition to noddy goal music (it's a sign of a tinpot club in my opinion and we were setting our sights higher than that. Fortunately, our board are proper fans too, and Martin Perry stated quite openly that we would not have goal music.

That sort of embarrassment is left to clubs like you, Bolton, QPR and most of the lower leagues.

Happy to clear that up :thumbsup:

The Rattler

NSC Patron
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
Yesterday I made a house call for work - to a family of 3 - Dad, Mum and 13-year old daughter. Dad had a West Ham mug and Mum had a Chelsea one. I asked if daughter had a team. Dad replied "She follows Crystal Palace - she likes the name as she says it is like a Princesses castle". Ha-ha!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
May i add that we see thousands of seagulls here but how many many eagles do we see flying around croydon.

f***ing stupid name as they've no bird of prey buzzing around.

Yes,a totally plastic name artificially created in order to make a more 'exciting' nickname than the Glaziers. At least ours was reactive and ironically humorous. And as you say is appropriate for a seaside club.

LDN

Sep 22, 2011
London
Yesterday I made a house call for work - to a family of 3 - Dad, Mum and 13-year old daughter. Dad had a West Ham mug and Mum had a Chelsea one. I asked if daughter had a team. Dad replied "She follows Crystal Palace - she likes the name as she says it is like a Princesses castle". Ha-ha!

That's classic.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Will not steal another clubs song that's for sure...you rip off St Pauli with the 'We love you song' then when other teams use it you complain that they're nicking your song...it's bad that you can't make enough noise when you score that you have to have tinpot music to liven up the atmosphere!

It's called 'I Will Follow Him'. :)

See...

[yt]5DGjVj4OxKA[/yt]

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one

Yes I think my little girls have a DVD called "Barbie and her Crystal Palace".

Goal music = pants

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Yes,a totally plastic name artificially created in order to make a more 'exciting' nickname than the Glaziers. At least ours was reactive and ironically humorous. And as you say is appropriate for a seaside club.

So it wasn't at all 'plastic' when you changed your nickname from the 'dolphins' to coincide with our change from the 'glaziers' to the 'eagles'.

No, not plastic at all......

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The only music you need after a goal is twenty thousand fans cheering their heads off.

But the only time Palace fans ever experience 20,000 fans cheering their heads off is at an away game

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So it wasn't at all 'plastic' when you changed your nickname from the 'dolphins' to coincide with our change from the 'glaziers' to the 'eagles'.

No, not plastic at all......
How is taking the piss out of idiots plastic? What are you talking about?

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
How is taking the piss out of idiots plastic? What are you talking about?

He hasn't a clue what he's talking about now Trig. Sad stupid moronic Palace boy. But by christ he's given us some entertainment tonight. And no Croydon chums to back him up as they've 'distanced' themselves from him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here