Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
I will say that toilet facilities in the main stand and the Arthur are inadequate, but Holmesdale is OK

Food is adequate, and no worse than many others I have been to

But it terms of cleanliness, not sure there is a lot of difference between most clubs I have visited

Now if we are talking about the old Wembley, then that really was an experience

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I will say that toilet facilities in the main stand and the Arthur are inadequate, but Holmesdale is OK

But it terms of cleanliness, not sure there is a lot of difference between most clubs I have visited

Nice to see you taking the benchmark for your ground as a decrepit shit hole from a previous Millennium :thumbsup:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I don’t know about other stands but apart from Wembley and White heart lane the bars in the Holmesdale are actually quite good. The Red and blue bar at the top of the stand has a decent selection of beer and wine, although it could do with more seating and bigger TVs.

On the concourse there is a general bar selling larger and bitter, a bar that just pumps out pints of larger which seems to be quick to get your fizzy , tasteless larger and a separate real ale bar that seems quite popular.

I couldn’t tell you about the food but it looks ok all be it expensive. TBH if you go to football or any mass entertainment event don’t expect quality food.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I don’t know about other stands but apart from Wembley and White heart lane the bars in the Holmesdale are actually quite good. The Red and blue bar at the top of the stand has a decent selection of beer and wine, although it could do with more seating and bigger TVs.

On the concourse there is a general bar selling larger and bitter, a bar that just pumps out pints of larger which seems to be quick to get your fizzy , tasteless larger and a separate real ale bar that seems quite popular.

I couldn’t tell you about the food but it looks ok all be it expensive. TBH if you go to football or any mass entertainment event don’t expect quality food.
Spot on.

BTW the concourse, particularly access to/from the toilets in the AW is a disaster waiting to happen.

Hopefully that stand will be next to be replaced.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Better than the old Orient offering!!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Right, euro’s over, let’s get back to slating Palace ….

Should hear about Guehi’s transfer today.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
All far east gambling seems very shady to me.
Yes, but dog and cock fighting, if true, are considerably different to creating credible data behavioural trends

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Tim, what's happened? Where's the news on Guehi?

Although reading elsewhere on here, he had a shocker, and was at fault for almost all the goals we conceded

Maybe he should stay where he is and learn his trades

He certainly had a good tournament and it wouldn't surprise me if Man Ure came calling for him.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Tim, what's happened? Where's the news on Guehi?

Although reading elsewhere on here, he had a shocker, and was at fault for almost all the goals we conceded

Maybe he should stay where he is and learn his trades
He had an excellent tournament (apart from Spain's winning goal of course - but at least he didn't let it bounce)

What do you reckon he'll fetch?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Haven't really been keeping up, but I'm guessing Palace fans are in total DISARRAY about Olise going for a mere £45m-odd. The way they talk about him, they were surely expecting £150m minimum?!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Haven't really been keeping up, but I'm guessing Palace fans are in total DISARRAY about Olise going for a mere £45m-odd. The way they talk about him, they were surely expecting £150m minimum?!
Apart from it was…

Michael Olise has completed his move from Crystal Palace to Bayern Munich. The Bundesliga side will pay £50.8m (€60m) including add-ons to bring the 22-year old to Germany.

Not really we heard it often enough when it happened no one was surprised, in fact we were glad it wasn’t to an English club. You have also got to remember his career at palace was very stop and start due to injury, so it’s nice to remember his last 10 games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here