Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Latest on Zaha was this from Hodgson on Friday.
""It is only one week, maybe slightly more, into his muscle injury, so we are anticipating it will take more time ...for him to recover."

He’s doing plenty of work on the exercise bike so hopefully it’s not too serious.

barmyarmy

Banned
Feb 6, 2021
The utter despair on their message boards after losing two games is a joy to behold. There's talk of us looking like Barcelona, faking Covid absences to get the game postponed, or even not turning up and giving us a 3-0 win like a Sunday League team might.

We may as well enjoy their pain now as we've all seen this film before. Positioned to go in front of them in the league, playing brilliant football, expecting to hammer someone soon, coming up against a struggling Palace side with their best player injured:

Possession 65-35 Brighton,
Xg 3.5-0.3 Brighton,
Shots 25-3 Brighton,
Shots on target 9-1 Brighton,
Result 1-0 Palace.

This. Form goes out of the window for these games (as we know from the 1-3 at the amex in 2011. And of course the play offs.)
It could go either way.:eek:

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
I don't really care how well or utterly gash we play.......I just want to beat Palace. Too much to ask for?

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Have we "smashed" anyone this season?

Despite playing comfortably the best football I've seen from us in the Prem, I don't think we have? I guess the Newcastle 3-0 is the closest...

Burnley hadn't smashed anyone or looked like smashing anyone until last Saturday.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nobody predict anything - please - on this thread.

Palace huge favourites as they always get the 12th and sometimes 14th extra man with them when they play us...

One poster has returned and doesn’t seem to have mentioned the weekends’ results though, I notice. The other bellend is nowhere to be seen as per usual when they lose or we win... odd.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Have we "smashed" anyone this season?

Despite playing comfortably the best football I've seen from us in the Prem, I don't think we have? I guess the Newcastle 3-0 is the closest...

Newcastle away 3-0 was as dominant away win as you'll find. The cup games against Pompey and Preston were pretty one sided as well plus in most of our games we've been easily the better side just lacked the finishing touch hence the 11 draws. Palace have conceded the second most in the league this season, have their best player out and lets be honest are pretty dire going forward. I would argue that we smashed them in the last game in terms of stats but just couldn't break them down. My comment was more a long the lines of I'll think we'll either win comfortably or they'll get a lucky win again like they did here last season.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Newcastle away 3-0 was as dominant away win as you'll find. The cup games against Pompey and Preston were pretty one sided as well plus in most of our games we've been easily the better side just lacked the finishing touch hence the 11 draws. Palace have conceded the second most in the league this season, have their best player out and lets be honest are pretty dire going forward. I would argue that we smashed them in the last game in terms of stats but just couldn't break them down. My comment was more a long the lines of I'll think we'll either win comfortably or they'll get a lucky win again like they did here last season.

hmmmm, you know podgeson will park the bus, and we do struggle against these shitbag teams at home ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here