Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The timing made me smile, do you think they might be a bit nervous about our match next week?

:lolol:

Definitely.

I'm now really scared that the 2010 club has had a collective "My word, they're right, we have let them down, we had better change everything to ensure a winning streak starts next Monday" word with themselves.

Genius.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Seems Palace Fans biggest fear is that they aren't us. Everything they describe there is what we have been doing for ages now and they appear a bit jealous.

Hopefully our lot can deliver the coup de grâce on Monday when they see up close what a team of flair players unshackled in a positive formation with leadership and pride on the pitch, and a policy of youth front and center can do.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The reality is hitting home that there's a shift of power in our relationship. The ground, backroom staff recruitment, squad, management and the Academy are all starting to deliver and this is spreading fear at a time that the eleven year old club is on the wane, so sad, never mind!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Palace seem to be getting concerned about Fulham picking up points, could get very interesting come Monday night!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
https://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=283502

Some very deluded comments on this thread.

Enjoy.

I went to my first match in 1972 as a VERY young nipper, and despite multiple assurances on that thread, don't know of any Brighton fan with a second team. I'm sure there's the odd one who historically had a second team that they also followed, but from my experience, goodness only knows who they are.

As one of their posters noted, the rivalry DOES seem to be receding a bit these days - I think a fair amount now is fuelled by the media to try and generate a "story" whenever they talk particularly about matches between both teams.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
They really are a level above stupid...

We are skint, Uncle Tony is no longer funding us... Apparently..

The Palace way... If we say something 100 times, it actually becomes fact and true...

Embarrassing fanbase!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t really care what Delusional of Croydon thinks.

The Palace supporter in Worthing I know best, in fact supports Liverpool first, the other one is a true Palace fan , but has Spurs as his second team. Both were born within sight of Selhurst.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Even in the Cantona kung fu kick picture / videos you can see a few Utd fans in the home end that night :)

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
If any Palace fans really do want to be more like Brighton they could try not reading anything that comes from WeAreBrighton.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
They really are a level above stupid...

We are skint, Uncle Tony is no longer funding us... Apparently..

The Palace way... If we say something 100 times, it actually becomes fact and true...

Embarrassing fanbase!
And they will pull away from us now with their academy.

They actually think the Academy is their saving grace.

It's like they have to cling on to any crumbs of hope to feel good and put a positive spin on the mess they are in.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
And they will pull away from us now with their academy.

They actually think the Academy is their saving grace.

It's like they have to cling on to any crumbs of hope to feel good and put a positive spin on the mess they are in.

Had this debate with one the other day about how Brighton are using assets to build long term sustainable value in the club, the response, that's why you didn't buy a big striker! No, we didn't, but we have a expanding academy, increasing seats in the stadium and developing a commercial site FFS!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Had this debate with one the other day about how Brighton are using assets to build long term sustainable value in the club, the response, that's why you didn't buy a big striker! No, we didn't, but we have a expanding academy, increasing seats in the stadium and developing a commercial site FFS!
I get they are not starting from the beginning with their academy, but to think they are going to start churning out youngsters is just plain stupid or in denial, or a bit of both.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
God you can almost TOUCH the jealousy it's so tangible.

The lady doth protest too much.

They ARE very jealous and bitter, that was a great read. I imagine most of them with a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp. So much bile and misinformation on that thread.

The idea that they don’t care about us is the funniest thing though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here