Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I think we're likely to lose at least one and possibly two of those players, but I'd be stunned if Wharton left the club so quickly (we'd be asking for a fee in Declan Rice territory under the circumstances) and I can't see Spurs shelling out >£60m for Eze's release clause.

Guehi is likely to go due to his contract situation and the fact that he is in the shop window at the Euros.

Olise will definitely leave if City etc. come calling, but I think we've got a decent chance of keeping him if it's only between us, Chelsea and United. They're obviously a step up, but he'll be trapping himself there for two or three years when he's arguably ready for Champions League football already. His agents are very shrewd operators, and might decide that another 6/12 months tearing it up with Palace is the quickest route to the top.

Even if we were to lose several players this summer, I don't think it'll dampen the mood at Palace too much. We'll be receiving £60m+ for any player we sell, and it would be very exciting to see what Freedman could do with a sizable transfer kitty. I have complete confidence in Dougie to manage the transition, whether it comes this summer or in the future.
By “tearing it up”, you mean his hamstring again?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Strictly speaking thats not actually correct, he runs a data analysis company that services the betting industry however I'm led to believe that the bulk of his fortune is investing in large scale property development. No chickens or other animals are killed as far as I know..
His data analysis company includes an integrity unit that services not only the betting industry but also a number of international football leagues in identifying dodgy betting patterns that indicate possible match corruption.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Has anyone seen the away fans end on the Palace board ? It makes NSC look like a philosopher's meeting in an Athenian market.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I see work is beginning on the long awaited new ,state of the art, main stand. My biggest fear was they wouldn’t build it and you lot would constantly tease us about it .
We have been, and, so far, no stand, so I guess it’ll continue

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I think Guehi is good enough personally. He's an excellent defender and as we know, there's always a thicko rich owner willing to pay anything. On point 2, of course he will. If Man United come in and offer £70m and £200k a week, there's no way he stays at Palace
Point 2 was in reference to promoted clubs. Obviously he will go to Man Utd if they offer a good wedge but he really isn't a top defender. He looked OK in Roy's 8 man defence, just as Brannthwaite looks OK in Dyche's 6 man defence, but you have to be better than OK when you don't have a bus parked all around you.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Think we have more players at the euros than Palace?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
A genuine question, did Palace take out a loan of £200 million? I'm sure I read it somewhere.
Was the loan for the new stand?
Not £200m , it was around £60m which I’m assuming is for early deals in the transfer market.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I see work is beginning on the long awaited new ,state of the art, main stand. My biggest fear was they wouldn’t build it and you lot would constantly tease us about it .
When you say "work is beginning", you mean the further conceptual update given by the club, rather than a spade crashing through one of the many sewage pipes encircling the stadium?

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
My view, for what its worth, is similar to @loz in that its what happens these days. I thought we had turned a corner with cinch, but it seems we have gone back to the sordid world of betting / gaming. Be interesting to see what happens if Amex ever pull out of their sponsorship of both shirt and ground, as in what direction you would go. And without wanting to poke the wasps nest, doesnt Mr Bloom's money mainly come from Far East Gambling companies? Happy to be corrected if I am wrong
yep 10/10

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
When you say "work is beginning", you mean the further conceptual update given by the club, rather than a spade crashing through one of the many sewage pipes encircling the stadium?
From the Althletic, there is an article about it.

First step which I mentioned is the new away dressing room under the stand so the porta cabins can be removed for heavy vehicles to access the site, then a car par again on the street level part of the stand to make up for parking lost during the build. Below is a photo of the work under the stand foe the away dressing room.

Attachments

• IMG_0361.jpeg
    IMG_0361.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here