Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
You really are terminally dull, Dougal. Who cares what your Poundland Amex stand will look like, other than it’ll make your other three stands look, in contrast, even shitter than they are now. Lipstick on a pig.
It it’s our pig, it’s in the same place as when I was a kid, the thought of my club moving somewhere else would really upset me. ( I am not having a go at Brighton here as I know what happened to your club, but ever time I pass the retail estate where the Goldstone was I feel a tinge of lose )

BTW nothing wrong with the Holmesdale end, good site lines, good seats an good bars and places to eat.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You really are terminally dull, Dougal. Who cares what your Poundland Amex stand will look like, other than it’ll make your other three stands look, in contrast, even shitter than they are now. Lipstick on a pig.
Oh don't be so mean. They deserve massive credit for using Beaky's vanity project as a reason to finally enable visiting teams not to have to use fukken portacabins as changing rooms. Welcome to the 21st century.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
It it’s our pig, it’s in the same place as when I was a kid, the thought of my club moving somewhere else would really upset me. ( I am not having a go at Brighton here as I know what happened to your club, but ever time I pass the retail estate where the Goldstone was I feel a tinge of lose )

BTW nothing wrong with the Holmesdale end, good site lines, good seats a good bars and places to eat.
Fair point, Loz. We are all enormously emotionally invested with our clubs but, if you were objective, you’d say that your ground is stale and decaying.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
It has started. New away dressing rooms are being moved to the lower holmesdale so the portacabins can be taken away thus freeing up that corner as the work on clearing parts of the ground commences. The state of the art new stand will be shit.
Oh how fukkin interesting.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Fair point, Loz. We are all enormously emotionally invested with our clubs but, if you were objective, you’d say that your ground is stale and decaying.
Not really no, but TBF I don’t sit in any other stand, I have never ever sat in the Whitehorse end ( well not since we could stand in it ) the old stand concourse is actually ok surprisingly ! but the Arthur needs looking at as soon as the new main stand is built so I have heard…I like to think of it as evolving history 😁

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So do palace have a chance of keeping guehi , eze and olise ? They certainly seem to keep players happier than we do when big clubs circle. I guess they don't have a strict wage structure

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
It has started. New away dressing rooms are being moved to the lower holmesdale so the portacabins can be taken away thus freeing up that corner as the work on clearing parts of the ground commences. The state of the art new stand will be magnificent.

So you're basically saying our East stand is state of the art? Nice of you to finally admit this.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
just giving you the facts splaff.
I have a request for you: stop posting here. You clearly get off by being irritating. Think about that and what it makes you as a person…do you really want to be that guy? If you do, then I genuinely recommend you get some proper help, because that’s a strong sign of mental unhealthiness.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It has started. New away dressing rooms are being moved to the lower holmesdale so the portacabins can be taken away thus freeing up that corner as the work on clearing parts of the ground commences. The state of the art new stand will be magnificent.
'It' has not started.

A project to create some fit-for-purpose dressing rooms in another part of the ground, has started.

No work on the construction of the new stand, has started.

When someone actually starts work on the construction of the new stand (presumably starting with the demolition of the existing one), do please feel free to drop in and let us know.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
'It' has not started.

A project to create some fit-for-purpose dressing rooms in another part of the ground, has started.

No work on the construction of the new stand, has started.

When someone actually starts work on the construction of the new stand (presumably starting with the demolition of the existing one), do please feel free to drop in and let us know.
The new stand is being built over the old stand, demolition of the old stand will be one of the last things to happen.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

So apart from the compulsory purchase orders yet to be ratified and completed and the contractors not being appointed, work is underway.
Okey dokey.

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
The project is definitely under way, starting with moving the away dressing room, allowing the portacabins to be cleared. No idea when it will be finished, but definitely progress, and as @loz said, its still on the same site, in the heart of our community. It would feel weird if we suddenly had to play somewhere else

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

The project is definitely under way, starting with moving the away dressing room, allowing the portacabins to be cleared. No idea when it will be finished, but definitely progress, and as @loz said, its still on the same site, in the heart of our community. It would feel weird if we suddenly had to play somewhere else
Guess we had a period of feeling wierd Daniel, but I guess you knew that...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here