Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
TBF to Palace fans, this has been universally condemned by their fans on Twitter.

It appears that the commercial team at Palace have either done zero due diligence, or are incredibly stupid (or both)

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I have to admit I care very little about the sponsor on the shirt and could not tell you who even sponsered last seasons.

I personally don’t gamble, so whether it’s high class gambling with private betting syndicates or rolling 10pence pieces against a wall its all gambling to me.

It’s the kicking a ball bit I like.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Just had a look at the news on this, it seems Wolves and palace have both got shirts sponsors, but other then delving deeper I can’t see what the big fuss is about, unless it’s betting on chickens or bull fighting…then I am out and will not buy the shirt ( a bit like all the years since the mid 80s )

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Just had a look at the news on this, it seems Wolves and palace have both got shirts sponsors, but other then delving deeper I can’t see what the big fuss is about, unless it’s betting on chickens or bull fighting…then I am out and will not buy the shirt ( a bit like all the years since the mid 80s )
Nice attempt to spin a positive but these 2 shirt deals are incredibly shady! Essentially it's the same company sponsoring both Wolves and Palace using different 'brands' on each shirt. It's a company that is very difficult to find any information about, only appears to have set itself up very recently , has no online presence and operates in the very corrupt and murky world of Asian betting, red flags everywhere but all Palace are interested in is the dollar not where it comes from.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
After years of overspending wages on journeymen to play the low block of uninspiring, unambitious managers, our friends up the road finally got their act together, signed some exciting young players and a progressive coach to set them up and their reward for this hard work is to be immediately picked apart by awful cheating hotel buying/selling scammers who by rights should have no money to poach anybody else's staff: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...th-crystal-palace-over-deal-for-michael-olise

It's a disgrace. It's an outrage. It's....

...hilarious!

Sorry Palace fans, I know that we're all in the same boat, but you know the rules.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've learnt a new word today. Poltroon - fantastic one to add to the insult rotation.
Normally preceded by whey-faced.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
After years of overspending wages on journeymen to play the low block of uninspiring, unambitious managers, our friends up the road finally got their act together, signed some exciting young players and a progressive coach to set them up and their reward for this hard work is to be immediately picked apart by awful cheating hotel buying/selling scammers who by rights should have no money to poach anybody else's staff: https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...th-crystal-palace-over-deal-for-michael-olise

It's a disgrace. It's an outrage. It's....

...hilarious!

Sorry Palace fans, I know that we're all in the same boat, but you know the rules.
I don't understand why it's reported that Chelsea have got in touch with Palace to "find out more about the winger’s release clause.".

Olise's agent is guaranteed to have a copy of the contract so any potential suitors will absolutely have been told EXACTLY what the contract states. :shrug:

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
unfortunately that is professional sport these days from boxing to golf where there is money to be made dodgy deals are made.

It’s not just Asian betting either. The trouble with gambling it just encourages the seedy underworld.
The fact you are happily brushing off dodgy deals as being part of football and that you don't mind it and are happy to fill your coffers with shady money tells us all we need to know about you as a person and your seedy little shitbag club.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
The fact you are happily brushing off dodgy deals as being part of football and that you don't mind it and are happy to fill your coffers with shady money tells us all we need to know about you as a person and your seedy little shitbag club.
I think that’s unfair, I just don’t take too much intrest in shirts sponsorship.

I have already said I personally have no intrest in gambling, and to say me as as person agrees with this type of thing is quite offensive.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
I think that’s unfair, I just don’t take too much intrest in shirts sponsorship.

I have already said I personally have no intrest in gambling, and to say me as as person agrees with this type of thing is quite offensive.
It's got nothing to do with whether you are interested in gambling, that's irrelevant, as is your interest level in shirt sponsorship. Acting as an apologist for your club getting into bed with extremely dubious and shady sponsors, who I might add think it's OK to promote animal cruelty makes you complicit unless you outright reject the association which you have failed to do. Playing the victim and claiming to be offended fools no one, you can stay offended as far as I care.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Where is Guehi likely to go? He's nowhere near good enough for any of the big clubs and he's not going to be of much interest to the promoted clubs because 1. he's not strong enough defensively and 2. he won't want to go.
I think Guehi is good enough personally. He's an excellent defender and as we know, there's always a thicko rich owner willing to pay anything. On point 2, of course he will. If Man United come in and offer £70m and £200k a week, there's no way he stays at Palace

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It's got nothing to do with whether you are interested in gambling, that's irrelevant, as is your interest level in shirt sponsorship. Acting as an apologist for your club getting into bed with extremely dubious and shady sponsors, who I might add think it's OK to promote animal cruelty makes you complicit unless you outright reject the association which you have failed to do. Playing the victim and claiming to be offended fools no one, you can stay offended as far as I care.
Last comment on this…if there is any animal cruelty then yes I do condem this sponser.

But as a fan I don’t really have a say , unless we the fans don’t buy the shirts with the sponsors name on it as part of a protest, reading the forums there does seem to be a big push back against the said betting company. But as mentioned I condemn any betting company as it feeds addiction and a murky side of humanity.

I would not stop supporting my team because of a sponsors name on a shirt anymore than you would, like managers, players and owners they come and go it’s only us fans that stay through thick and thin even if you do disagree with policies.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Last comment on this…if there is any animal cruelty then yes I do condem this sponser.

But as a fan I don’t really have a say , unless we the fans don’t buy the shirts with the sponsors name on it as part of a protest, reading the forums there does seem to be a big push back against the said betting company. But as mentioned I condemn any betting company as it feeds addiction and a murky side of humanity.

I would not stop supporting my team because of a sponsors name on a shirt anymore than you would, like managers, players and owners they come and go it’s only us fans that stay through thick and thin even if you do disagree with policies.
It’s an interesting point and like shirt sponsoring or dubious owners, you only know what you’d really do if you were faced with that predicament / choice.

I’ve always wondered what would have happened if a Nation State wanted to invest in us during the early Withdean years?

eaglesdan

Sep 28, 2011
My view, for what its worth, is similar to @loz in that its what happens these days. I thought we had turned a corner with cinch, but it seems we have gone back to the sordid world of betting / gaming. Be interesting to see what happens if Amex ever pull out of their sponsorship of both shirt and ground, as in what direction you would go. And without wanting to poke the wasps nest, doesnt Mr Bloom's money mainly come from Far East Gambling companies? Happy to be corrected if I am wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here