Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I’m sure you bait people just to get a reaction @Dougie ….. and then moan that nobody gives you a chance. It’s fine to debate whether, or not, the legend that is Lewis Dunk will be in the side but try doing maturely.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
  • Last week, David Ornstein picked Michael Olise as his deal to keep a close eye on, with Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle United among the admirers of the 22-year-old winger. A development in recent days is that interested parties have been advised to strike a deal with Crystal Palace before attempting to agree terms with Olise’s camp. Often when there is a release clause, as is the case with Olise, it is done the other way around, but in this instance, suitors will need to go through the front door. That will enable Olise to weigh up whatever options are on the table and then decide which club to choose — or whether to stay at Palace.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
  • Last week, David Ornstein picked Michael Olise as his deal to keep a close eye on, with Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United and Newcastle United among the admirers of the 22-year-old winger. A development in recent days is that interested parties have been advised to strike a deal with Crystal Palace before attempting to agree terms with Olise’s camp. Often when there is a release clause, as is the case with Olise, it is done the other way around, but in this instance, suitors will need to go through the front door. That will enable Olise to weigh up whatever options are on the table and then decide which club to choose — or whether to stay at Palace.
I don't understand the point being made here. Not least, because if there is a release clause then any potential suitors simply need to meet that release clause - there isn't any "deal" to be struck with Palace. :shrug:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
The ‘deal’ is how the release clause is paid, Chelsea will obvioudly want to pay it over 10-15years, palace will obviously want it all upfront

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Olise off to Chelsea.
Eze also has a release clause at c£60m and teams looking to trigger it.
Guehi also likely to leave.
They’ll have plenty of funds for the new stand.
At least we got a whole season and a European qualification (and a World Cup winner) out of our dream team, they’ve had…six weeks?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Where’s Dougal? True to form, at the first sign of adversity, he’s run away like the feckless, spineless poltroon he is.

Olise, Eze and Guehi will very likely not be playing their football at Parkhurst Cell next season. Oh dear, how sad, never mind…
I've learnt a new word today. Poltroon - fantastic one to add to the insult rotation.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The plot thickens.

There is a whole thread on Palaces new shirt sponsor by Martin Calladine (@uglygame) an author who exposes the murkier side of professional football.
Quite interesting reading.

Attachments

• IMG_6909.jpeg
    IMG_6909.jpeg
    697.6 KB · Views: 70

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
From reading the thread, it appears not only do Palace have an imaginary super duper stand, their new sponsors have imaginary owners.

Still, I expect it’s all above board really, I mean, Palace have always been absolutely scrupulous in their financial dealings.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This isn’t looking good @Dougie @loz realise its nothing to do with you guys but it’s really poor club management and stinks of desperation, what’s your thoughts?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here